Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Mt Sinai
02-18-2010, 05:50 AM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2010 05:51 AM by Phill.)
Mt Sinai
Ok to all those Christians who know where Mt Sinai is, can Christians shed some light on where it is ?. Am keen to get some view points. Even from Jews and Muslims might be able to answer ?.

As a memory jogger, it's where Moses recieved the Ten Commandments from God in the exodus.

Also..is it the same mountain God called moses to return to Egypt in the burning bush scene ?.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2010, 05:52 AM
RE: Mt Sinai
You've maybe heard of google?
02-18-2010, 05:53 AM
Lol sure ive heard of it, but I want your opinion Smile
02-19-2010, 04:29 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2010 04:38 AM by Phill.)
Well since it appears there is relative silence on the issue I will give my thoughts.

The traditional site for Mt Sinai is on the Sinai Penninsular's southern end. I must emphasis that this is tradition and is based on 1-2nd century thought. Several other spots have come to light since this time but in my opinion there is no other site as strong as Saudi Arabia at Jebel El Lawz located in North Western Arabia in the land once called Midian just as the scriptures say it is. This site has proven a treasure trove when it was first visted and studied by Ron Wyatt in the 1970's. Although he was an unregognised archeaologist, I belive he has nailed this location. He was arrested by Saudi authorites siezed film and other items.
Ron Wyatt also said he discovered numerous other historical sites which seem a bit dodgy but this find is indoubtedly where scripture says it was and matches exactly as to what happened there, ie the boundry perimeter markings, the sacrifice alter site and not to mention the burnt peak where the smoke and fire of God rose. The rocks are melted black like no other area around the mountain. Tests on the rock show they are not volcanic but rather melted black on the outside and granite inside.

In my view this find confirms that Mt Sinai more than any other site
known is the site the Ten Commandments were given to Moses. The current traditional site on the Sinai Penninsular has been turned upside down for evidence the Israelites were there. Not a singal archeaological item has been found to show they were there.
02-19-2010, 07:37 AM
(02-19-2010 04:29 AM)Phill Wrote:  Well since it appears there is relative silence on the issue I will give my thoughts.

The traditional site for Mt Sinai is on the Sinai Penninsular's southern end. I must emphasis that this is tradition and is based on 1-2nd century thought. Several other spots have come to light since this time but in my opinion there is no other site as strong as Saudi Arabia at Jebel El Lawz located in North Western Arabia in the land once called Midian just as the scriptures say it is. This site has proven a treasure trove when it was first visted and studied by Ron Wyatt in the 1970's. Although he was an unregognised archeaologist, I belive he has nailed this location. He was arrested by Saudi authorites siezed film and other items.
Ron Wyatt also said he discovered numerous other historical sites which seem a bit dodgy but this find is indoubtedly where scripture says it was and matches exactly as to what happened there, ie the boundry perimeter markings, the sacrifice alter site and not to mention the burnt peak where the smoke and fire of God rose. The rocks are melted black like no other area around the mountain. Tests on the rock show they are not volcanic but rather melted black on the outside and granite inside.

known is the site the Ten Commandments were given to Moses. The current traditional site on the Sinai Penninsular has been turned upside down for evidence the Israelites were there. Not a singal archeaological item has been found to show they were there.

Do we really care? The whole Sinai story is bunk even if it uses existing natural formations just like the Sodom and Gommorah Dead Sea rock formations made into "Lot's wife". When archeologists tell us that Egyptians did not use Hebrew slaves to build their pyramids and monuments but Egyptians themselves glad to do it, that right there blows the whole Exodus story clean out of the water.
02-19-2010, 08:15 AM
(02-19-2010 07:37 AM)biomystic Wrote:  
(02-19-2010 04:29 AM)Phill Wrote:  Well since it appears there is relative silence on the issue I will give my thoughts.

Do we really care? The whole Sinai story is bunk even if it uses existing natural formations just like the Sodom and Gommorah Dead Sea rock formations made into "Lot's wife". When archeologists tell us that Egyptians did not use Hebrew slaves to build their pyramids and monuments but Egyptians themselves glad to do it, that right there blows the whole Exodus story clean out of the water.

Except there is evidence of a Semitic presence there, in quarries and such -- and the Bible never says they built the pyramids -- that was Herodotus.

Pawol anpil pa leve le mo
Lavi m nan men Bondye o sen
02-19-2010, 10:34 AM
“The Signs of the End of the World” Matthew describes in Chapter 24 that the disciples of Jesus asked the Messiah, when they were on the Mount of Olives,about the signs of the destruction of the Temple and the Second Coming of Jesus and
about the end of the world. Jesus told them all the signs, first of the destruction of the House of the Lord, of his own coming to the earth again and of the day of Judgement. The description up to verse 28 talks of the destruction of the Temple; and verse 29 to the end of the chapter consists of the events related to the second coming of Christ and the Day of
Judgement. Some verses of this chapter according to the Arabic translation printed in 1820, read thus: “Immediately after the tribulation of those days, shall the sun be darkened, and the moon will not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken. And then shall appear the sign of the son of man
in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his angels with a great sound of trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heaven to the other.” [Matt. 24:29-31] And in verses 34 and 35
it says: “Verily I say unto you. This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. Heaven and earth shall pass away but my words shall not pass away.” The text of the Arabic translation printed in 1844 is exactly the same. However, the Persian translations of 1816, 1828, 1842 contain: “Immediately after the trouble of those days, the
sun shall be darkened.” Verse 34 of these translations is identical to the one quoted above.
It is, therefore necessary that the day of Judgement should come at the time when the House of God has been destroyed and Jesus has reappeared on the earth, ”...immediately after the trouble of those days,” according to the statement of Jesus. Similarly it is also necessary that the generation contemporary with Christ should not have died until they
saw these event with their eyes, as was the belief of the early Christians. However they did
die centuries ago and heaven and earth still continue to exist. The evangelists, Mark and Luke also included similar descriptions in Chapters 13 and 21 respectively of their gospels.
The three evangelists are equally responsible for this historically proved false statement.
02-19-2010, 10:54 AM
TruthWon,

First, what does this have to do with Mt. Sinai?
This does not belong in this thread. It does not even belong in this Forum.
Remember this?

Second, if you are going to copy/paste things:

(a) Give the URL of the web page you copied it from.

(b) Clean them up so they are readable and not a dense block of text that no one wants to read. You even have the title of the thing running into the text.

© A little commentary from you would be in order.

Large uncredited copy/paste without commentary is spamming and has been treated that way in the past even by God Rocks.
02-19-2010, 11:55 AM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2010 11:56 AM by TruthWon.)
(02-19-2010 10:54 AM)Parousia Wrote:  TruthWon,

First, what does this have to do with Mt. Sinai?
This does not belong in this thread. It does not even belong in this Forum.
Remember this?

Second, if you are going to copy/paste things:

(a) Give the URL of the web page you copied it from.

(b) Clean them up so they are readable and not a dense block of text that no one wants to read. You even have the title of the thing running into the text.

© A little commentary from you would be in order.

Large uncredited copy/paste without commentary is spamming and has been treated that way in the past even by God Rocks.

Thanks, I was expecting the usual behaviour from you on this, will see next time.
To inform you, since I'am having .pdf book, I can;t gave the URL of the site, if you know please letme know so I can give it.
02-19-2010, 12:43 PM
Sent via PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)