Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Muslim Believe about Other Religions
02-09-2018, 08:49 AM
RE: Muslim Believe about Other Religions
(02-09-2018 05:32 AM)mbplee Wrote:  I generally do not debate but state facts and truth with reference to the Quran, Hadiths, the Bible and other historical sources like the history of the Qureshi or the life of Muhammad. Facts that all Muslims and non-Muslims should know about.

What it may seem a fact to you, might not be a fact. As an example the verses you mentioned above that are taken out of context.

Click Here to know more about Islam
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2018, 10:32 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2018 10:33 AM by Visqueen.)
(02-09-2018 05:32 AM)mbplee Wrote:  I generally do not debate but state facts and truth with reference to the Quran, Hadiths, the Bible and other historical sources like the history of the Qureshi or the life of Muhammad. Facts that all Muslims and non-Muslims should know about.

I am a moderator here. Please pay attention - on this site we have separated the Religions of the World section deliberately and declared it a 'no debate against' place. That means that if you want to discuss what you think is wrong about Islam you can't do it in a thread within the Islam subsection in ROTW. I've already given you a warning for debating against a religion in its subsection.

You are free to expound at length about what your beliefs are in threads within the General section of this site. If you continue to do it here you will receive warnings until you are banned.

(02-08-2018 05:41 PM)mbplee Wrote:  Why is there no discussions on the truth of Islam here?

You're in the wrong section.
02-10-2018, 10:43 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2018 09:08 PM by Amememhab.)
(02-08-2018 12:59 PM)mbplee Wrote:  It is essential for all people understand this philosophy of Islam, the doctrine of al-Wala wal-Bara, that creates fundamentalist extremism in Islam. This aspect of Islam is mostly unknown or unappreciated outside of the Muslim world. This explains Islamic fundamentalist fanaticism. The biggest tragedy of Islam is that the total ideology of the Quran is the bitter ideology of Mohammad and his followers.

The doctrine of al-Wala wal-Bara governs the relationships between Muslim and God and fellow human being for Salafis, who attempt to follow the Islamic commentaries of the movement’s first three generations of followers, the last of whom died circa 850 CE. Of them, the RSIS web site below describes the line of thought thus:

“Modern Salafis argue that the concept of Al-Wala’ wal Bara’ is an important shield and tool for the Muslims to face the challenges of modernism in the current world. This is so as Muslims are struggling to maintain Islam’s authenticity and legitimacy amidst an onslaught of foreign values and belief systems as a result of conquests, colonisations and the current wave of globalization.”

Forging Muslim and Non-Muslim Relationship: Contesting the Doctrine of Al-Wala’ wal Bara’
RSIS
https://www.rsis.edu.sg/rsis-publication...n-ul66nHx4

This tough subject covers a history extending from Ibn Taimiyyah, a 13th-14th century Muslim theologian the Salafis value. The Salaf were the “people of the past,” especially those first three generations, while the doctrine of al-Wala wal-Bara translates as “Loyalty and Disavowal.” Loyalty, that is, to God, and disavowal of foreign religious influences.

I accept that al-Wala wal-Bara does motivate the extremists seen in al-Qaeda and al-Shabaab. However, the theology is underwritten as far away as England, by scholars who are hardly tossing bombs our way—and used for practical purposes by ordinary Muslims seeking answers to the upheavals modernity has brought to the Islamic way of life. One doctoral thesis can be found at

Mohamed Bin Ali, 2012
The doctrine of al-Wala wal-Bara
University of Exeter
https://ore.exeter.ac.uk/repository/bits...1/AliM.pdf

It makes for difficult reading, but should affirm what I’ve said above, plus explain the hiked political activism and what developments over time lie behind it. However, extremists also pay attention to Egypt’s Sayyid Qutb, a student who had lived in Colorado in the 1940s, disliking the secularism and hedonism flourishing on college campuses—just think “alcohol,” a substance Islam formally proscribes yet nonetheless legal in Egypt and Lebanon, and consumed clandestinely in private homes where it’s not. Lawrence Wright discussed Qutb in his book, The Looming Tower (2006). Readers may search Google or Amazon for it. Qutb was executed by Egyptian authorities in 1966.

Incidentally, Quran 2:190-192 calls for policies such as driving out invaders and switching to the treaty table when a belligerent wants to cease hostilities. Western international law concurs at least in part, except maybe the “kill wherever found,” as we now take prisoners instead:

“And fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you but do not be aggressive. Surely Allah does not love the aggressors. And kill them wherever you find them, drive them out from where they drove you out. But if they cease, then surely Allah is Forgiving, Merciful” (Maulama Ali trans., 1917. Kayser quoted this in post #6).

As Kayser said, non-combatants do get killed in wars, many thousands of them during the aerial bombardments of Hamburg, Dresden, and Tokyo, and by the atom bombs dropped over Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Yet Muhammad didn’t seem to okay targeting civilians—he might have blanched at the rather indiscriminate bombs of WWII.
02-12-2018, 03:33 PM
(02-08-2018 12:59 PM)mbplee Wrote:  Tabari 9:69 “Killing Unbelievers is a small matter to us” The words of Muhammad, prophet of Islam.

This is not an authentic Hadith Read here

(02-08-2018 12:59 PM)mbplee Wrote:  *****Muslim (1:33) – the Messenger of Allah said: I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah

***Bukhari (8:387) – Allah’s Apostle said, “I have been ordered to fight the people till they say: ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah’. And if they say so, pray like our prayers, face our Qibla and slaughter as we slaughter, then their blood and property will be sacred to us and we will not interfere with them except legally.”

People here doesn't mean all people, it is the people who breach a treaty with muslims and put Muslims in a great deal of danger.

For example, When the Prophet and Muslims took over Mecca, They let everyone go, they never fought the pagans, they never forced them to convert,....etc.

Click Here to know more about Islam
02-17-2018, 11:31 AM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 01:34 PM by Visqueen.)
Hi, my name is burke and I'm a pathetic human being with nothing to do and because I have so much time on my hands all I can think to do is troll and spam a tiny little site on the net. I am to be pitied because I am such a waste of time, the space I take up both physically and here on this site, and the oxygen I breathe, hence depriving others actually worthy of making better use of that oxygen. I am a very sad small person with no power and I will apparently keep doing this because I am powerless in my actual life. I am a very pitiful creature, no doubt plagued by serious mental health issues which are not being addressed properly and I lash out the only way I can for free - spamming this small site.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Can a Muslim woman marry a Non-Muslim? Azrael17 16 5,540 08-05-2010 01:11 AM
Last Post: super.girl

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)