Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Muslims (& others if you wish) please read.
12-29-2009, 07:08 PM
Muslims (& others if you wish) please read.
Any chance there could be less of much the same posts on this forum; specifically in this General Religion section?

There are lots of cutting and pasting from Islamic websites posts, numerous and lengthy quotes from the Qur'an, youtube clips, and so on. Many of the things posted have been seen before, and it's not really adding anything new here. If it was a simple quote or piece of information, and the comment 'discuss', then that'd be great.

1,000 words copied from a website is just boring to read, and so I (and others) just don't bother. I find Islam fascinating, and would like to know more, but bombarding us isn't the way to get talking going.

Please, all, feel free to disagree, but I've been thinking this a while, and GT made a similar comment recently.

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-29-2009, 09:39 PM
RE: Muslims (& others if you wish) please read.
(12-29-2009 07:08 PM)Zagreus Wrote:  Any chance there could be less of much the same posts on this forum; specifically in this General Religion section?

There are lots of cutting and pasting from Islamic websites posts, numerous and lengthy quotes from the Qur'an, youtube clips, and so on. Many of the things posted have been seen before, and it's not really adding anything new here. If it was a simple quote or piece of information, and the comment 'discuss', then that'd be great.

1,000 words copied from a website is just boring to read, and so I (and others) just don't bother. I find Islam fascinating, and would like to know more, but bombarding us isn't the way to get talking going.

Please, all, feel free to disagree, but I've been thinking this a while, and GT made a similar comment recently.

Thanks.

They strike me as counter productive, seeming to resemble the endless boring sermons of my Catholic youth. I am not doing more than skimming them. I would not look into such a religion. (Assuming of course that I would look into any religion other than academically, but that is another matter.)

To put on the moderator hat: Cut and paste is not against any rule unless it is the same thing over and over. But it would be nice if there were something more personal from the poster to react to.
12-30-2009, 12:43 PM
It is the same thing, though. Not in rapid fire, but we've seen most everything they copy and paste five or six times on the site. Especially the stupid 7 scientific miracles in the Quran crap.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
01-12-2010, 01:14 PM
Bump, as we have some new posters doing EXACTLY what some of us were poilitely asking them not to.

Talk to us guys, don't cut and paste or simply post links.
01-12-2010, 01:44 PM
(01-12-2010 01:14 PM)Zagreus Wrote:  Bump, as we have some new posters doing EXACTLY what some of us were poilitely asking them not to.

Talk to us guys, don't cut and paste or simply post links.

Good advice, but patience please. Wink
And you are right, it is NOT just Muslims.
02-09-2010, 06:00 AM
I have noticed what you say
And I agree with you
I do not know, do I speak too much
I will have no problem if you tell me yes
02-09-2010, 01:39 PM
No, your posts are fine Muslim Girl. The comment was aimed at a time where lots of copy and paste was going on, but the forum rules altered to limit this, and the result has been possitive I'd say.

The comment certainly was not aimed at you, don't worry.
02-09-2010, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2010 03:14 PM by Ahmadi.)
(12-29-2009 07:08 PM)Zagreus Wrote:  Any chance there could be less of much the same posts on this forum; specifically in this General Religion section?

Thanks.

I keep my cut and paste to a short length. The Muslims feel that they have the Truth, and are passionate about it. So, if they have brought up some issue once and non-Muslims feel that they have refuted it or ignored it, from the Muslim perspective, there is no choice but to bring it back with some different flavor. Yesterday, I had discussion about Limbo, and I had at least one person agreeing with my thoughts namely, Parousia.

If every one inherited the Original sin then so did the children! Limbo, in my view has exposed the dogma of 'Original sin.' Are unbaptized children sinful? Do they go to hell, heaven or to Limbo? That is the question that has haunted the Church for centuries, I would think that this dilemma led to the invention of Limbo, in the first place. The newborn children look beautiful and innocent, so the combined Christian conscience, could not condemn them to hell. I would think that this dilemma led to the invention of Limbo, in the first place. Church can neither accept nor let go of the idea of Limbo. Hence 'Limbo is in limbo!' But this can help the truth seekers understand the dogma of the 'Original sin.'

Islamic view is simple and clear that every one of us is born innocent. The word Limbo does not exist in the Bible and a little detective work makes it immediately clear, how it came about. I leart all this just yesterday and felt confidant enough, without reading voluminous books on the topic, that I am sure would exist, that I decided to share with every one.

But I have not seen any stampede of Christians accepting Islam. So, I will bring it back again some day, rather than talk about what was written in the left palm of Sarah Palin. Who cares!!

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?
02-09-2010, 03:06 PM
(02-09-2010 02:34 PM)Ahmadi Wrote:  But I have not seen any stampede of Christians accepting Islam. So, I will bring it back again some day, rather than talk about what was written in the left palm of Sarah Palin. Who cares!!

[Image: 2010-02-07-palinhandclose.jpg]
02-09-2010, 07:47 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2010 07:49 PM by biomystic.)
(02-09-2010 03:06 PM)Parousia Wrote:  
(02-09-2010 02:34 PM)Ahmadi Wrote:  But I have not seen any stampede of Christians accepting Islam. So, I will bring it back again some day, rather than talk about what was written in the left palm of Sarah Palin. Who cares!!

[Image: 2010-02-07-palinhandclose.jpg]

Does that say "spank" at the bottom of her palm?

Ahmadi, I do feel sorry for you Muslims running up against a very solid wall of Western resistance to Islam but that's how it's going to be and there's really nothing you Muslims can do about it except overhaul Islamic beliefs to bring them in line with modern life conditions. To many of us Westerners Muslims seem to have far too low of standards of what constitutes moral behavior of those who believe in God. The Quran is just too stuck in ancient ideas of social rules and presents to the Western mind a religion that uses extreme fear of God's punishment in order to convert and hold Muslim believers. When your belief in God is due to fear of damnation to torturous hell and not due to love of a good God, when the fear is taken away as it was for Christians by overthrowing the Christian's version of religious totalitarianism, Roman Catholicism, and by recognizing secular human rights of individuals, the religion that uses fear of God loses adherents who are no longer fearful.

In short, Islam is like trying to sell a cheap Fiat to people used to driving Mercedes and Cadillacs. It's an inferior product but you Muslims don't see this because to you guys living in or coming from Muslim countries haven't gone through their Enlightenment period and overthrown religious totalitarianism.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)