Poll: Has this testimony brought you into a relationship with Jesus?
I am already a Christian
No, I am not interested in knowing Jesus
Yes, I just prayed to receive the Savior!
Not quite, I still have questions.
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
My Testimony
05-27-2010, 09:24 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2010 09:29 AM by NekoJones.)
My Testimony
Growing up, I didn't know that much about any religions. My family left the Mormon church when I was eight, so I didn't really pay that much attention to any of it after that. My best friend, however, was a devout Christian. I was afraid of her beliefs, so we didn't talk about them much. But when I was sixteen, I asked my best friend exactly what she believed. I was afraid that her religion was holding her back from living life. She said "I believe that Jesus is the only way to Heaven." I couldn't explain how, but that was when I started to believe. I didn't fully believe in that moment. I didn't have that instantaneous conversion that everyone talks about. I just started to believe.

Over the next few weeks I started talking to my other Christian friends, and asking them about Jesus. I started Googling Jesus, finding different evangelistic sites that explained exactly why Jesus is the only way to Heaven. I learned that I was a sinner, and therefore separated from a Holy God, and that Jesus died so that I may know God. Eventually I prayed to God for the first time. I thanked Jesus for dying for me and rising again, and I asked Jesus to come into my heart.Praying

Since then, I have been completely drawn to the faith I once criticized. I am a new creation in Christ Jesus, and I have new life. "Because the sinless Savior died, my sinful soul is counted free." Jesus Christ is the meaning of life, and because He died, I will spend eternity in Heaven with the one true God who loved me enough to send His Son in my place. Hallelujah!Praise

If you would like to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, I invite you to pray this prayer right now, sincerely:

"Dear Heavenly Father, You have called me to Yourself in the name of Your dear Son Jesus (Yeshua). I realize that Jesus is the only Way, the Truth, and the Life; and is the only Mediator between You and man.

I acknowledge to You that I am a sinner. I believe that Your only begotten Son Jesus Christ shed His precious blood on the cross, died for my sins, and rose again on the third day. I am truly sorry for the deeds which I have committed against
You, and therefore, I am willing to repent (turn away from my sins). Have mercy on me, a sinner. Cleanse me, and forgive me of my sins as I forgive anyone who has ever sinned against me.

I truly desire to serve You, Lord Jesus. Starting from now, I pray that You would help me to hear Your still small voice.
Lord, I desire to be led by Your Holy Spirit so I can faithfully follow You and obey all
of Your commandments. I ask You for the strength to love You more than anything else so I won't fall back into my old ways.
I also ask You to bring genuine believers into my life who will encourage me to live for You and help me stay accountable.

Jesus, I am truly grateful for Your grace which has led me to repentance and has saved me from my sins. By the indwelling of Your Holy Spirit, I now have the power to overcome all sin which before so easily entangled me. Lord Jesus, please
transform my life so that I may bring glory and honor to You alone and not to myself.

Right now I confess Jesus as the Lord of my life. With my heart, I believe that God the Father raised His Son Jesus from the dead. This very moment I acknowledge that Jesus Christ (Messiah Yeshua) is my Savior and according to His Word, right
now I am born again. Thank You, Jesus,
for coming into my life and hearing my prayer. I ask all of this in the name of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen."

Dear Lord, I pray to You right now, that somewhere, out there, someone sees this testimony of Your undeserved mercy on me, a wretched, hopeless sinner. I pray that You would use my testimony to draw someone to You, through Your Son, Jesus Christ. I pray that through my testimony, someone may be saved. In Jesus' Name, Amen.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2010, 09:31 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2010 09:33 AM by digipixel.)
RE: My Testimony
(05-27-2010 09:24 AM)NekoJones Wrote:  Growing up, I didn't know that much about any religions. My family left the Mormon church when I was eight, so I didn't really pay that much attention to any of it after that. My best friend, however, was a devout Christian. I was afraid of her beliefs, so we didn't talk about them much. But when I was sixteen, I asked my best friend exactly what she believed. I was afraid that her religion was holding her back from living life. She said "I believe that Jesus is the only way to Heaven." I couldn't explain how, but that was when I started to believe. I didn't fully believe in that moment. I didn't have that instantaneous conversion that everyone talks about. I just started to believe.

Over the next few weeks I started talking to my other Christian friends, and asking them about Jesus. I started Googling Jesus, finding different evangelistic sites that explained exactly why Jesus is the only way to Heaven. I learned that I was a sinner, and therefore separated from a Holy God, and that Jesus died so that I may know God. Eventually I prayed to God for the first time. I thanked Jesus for dying for me and rising again, and I asked Jesus to come into my heart.Praying

Since then, I have been completely drawn to the faith I once criticized. I am a new creation in Christ Jesus, and I have new life. "Because the sinless Savior died, my sinful soul is counted free." Jesus Christ is the meaning of life, and because He died, I will spend eternity in Heaven with the one true God who loved me enough to send His Son in my place. Hallelujah!Praise

If you would like to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior, I invite you to pray this prayer right now, sincerely:

"Dear Heavenly Father, You have called me to Yourself in the name of Your dear Son Jesus (Yeshua). I realize that Jesus is the only Way, the Truth, and the Life; and is the only Mediator between You and man.

I acknowledge to You that I am a sinner. I believe that Your only begotten Son Jesus Christ shed His precious blood on the cross, died for my sins, and rose again on the third day. I am truly sorry for the deeds which I have committed against
You, and therefore, I am willing to repent (turn away from my sins). Have mercy on me, a sinner. Cleanse me, and forgive me of my sins as I forgive anyone who has ever sinned against me.

I truly desire to serve You, Lord Jesus. Starting from now, I pray that You would help me to hear Your still small voice.
Lord, I desire to be led by Your Holy Spirit so I can faithfully follow You and obey all
of Your commandments. I ask You for the strength to love You more than anything else so I won't fall back into my old ways.
I also ask You to bring genuine believers into my life who will encourage me to live for You and help me stay accountable.

Jesus, I am truly grateful for Your grace which has led me to repentance and has saved me from my sins. By the indwelling of Your Holy Spirit, I now have the power to overcome all sin which before so easily entangled me. Lord Jesus, please
transform my life so that I may bring glory and honor to You alone and not to myself.

Right now I confess Jesus as the Lord of my life. With my heart, I believe that God the Father raised His Son Jesus from the dead. This very moment I acknowledge that Jesus Christ (Messiah Yeshua) is my Savior and according to His Word, right
now I am born again. Thank You, Jesus,
for coming into my life and hearing my prayer. I ask all of this in the name of my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Amen."

Dear Lord, I pray to You right now, that somewhere, out there, someone sees this testimony of Your undeserved mercy on me, a wretched, hopeless sinner. I pray that You would use my testimony to draw someone to You, through Your Son, Jesus Christ. I pray that through my testimony, someone may be saved. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

May you find happiness and peace in the path you have chosen.

I did not vote because your choices did not include an appropriate response (for me).
Find all posts by this user
05-27-2010, 10:07 AM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2010 10:09 AM by azurescen.)
I still have questions because....I met a man named Jesus, he looked exactly as I would picture Jesus....even talked to himself quietly when I had voices going through my own head. It would appear to me that Jesus was in fact made stupid over the Devil. I gave him my heart and he ate it and excreted his own demands of me.

Since than, Jesus has appeared to be much more of a lier and a cheat....and I have lost my faith in all white men, in fact all except for certain ones who are taking my telepathic situation seriously. They all do the same thing, eating you and pooping out their needs....they are stupid devil stricken retards.

Do you seriously pray to Jesus??? Is my only question. I think you are being lied to if anything. Ask who the real savior is....if he lies about that than I know that they are lost forever.
05-27-2010, 12:55 PM
Okay, here's my questions -- and I did come from a Catholic background, so I have heard the story -- I was once a devout Christian and it nearly killed me, so I do understand where you're coming from, and I'm sharing my questions so I can understand where you're coming from

Quote:and that Jesus died so that I may know God. Eventually I prayed to God for the first time. I thanked Jesus for dying for me and rising again, and I asked Jesus to come into my heart.Praying

How do you find this moral?

Pawol anpil pa leve le mo
Lavi m nan men Bondye o sen
05-27-2010, 01:32 PM
ok I think this will post to all the ppl who have commented. I pray to the Triune God, that is, one God, three Persons. yes, that includes God the Son, the Lord Jesus Christ. He is the Way, the Truth and the Life. the Devil is the one who lies. how do you know Jesus was "lying" to you? what did He say?

and to the Catholic, I don't know how else to answer you but that God required a holy sacrifice for our sins to be forgiven, and Jesus Christ came to the earth to be that Sacrifice for all who believe in Him. I hope this helps you both. God Bless, and I'm praying for you!
05-27-2010, 02:16 PM
WHY would an

ALL KNOWING
ALL POWERFUL

GOD need to sacrifice anything for US..

GOD could just WISH SIN away....

no one dies, no one gets killed, everyone lives in peace...

OH WAIT

too logical,,

GOD = NOT LOGICAL

GOD = LOVES KILLING HUMANS

http://www.religionforums.org/thread-2669.html

:-)
05-27-2010, 02:16 PM
(05-27-2010 01:32 PM)NekoJones Wrote:  and to the Catholic, I don't know how else to answer you but that God required a holy sacrifice for our sins to be forgiven, and Jesus Christ came to the earth to be that Sacrifice for all who believe in Him. I hope this helps you both. God Bless, and I'm praying for you!

Ex-Catholic, actually. I personally find Christianity morally repugnant, after belief in Jesus Christ and his sacrifice drove me to attempt suicide.

I shall pray for you as well, though.

05-27-2010, 02:19 PM (This post was last modified: 05-27-2010 02:22 PM by prdamico.)
(05-27-2010 02:16 PM)Clementine Wrote:  
(05-27-2010 01:32 PM)NekoJones Wrote:  and to the Catholic, I don't know how else to answer you but that God required a holy sacrifice for our sins to be forgiven, and Jesus Christ came to the earth to be that Sacrifice for all who believe in Him. I hope this helps you both. God Bless, and I'm praying for you!

Ex-Catholic, actually. I personally find Christianity morally repugnant, after belief in Jesus Christ and his sacrifice drove me to attempt suicide.

I myself am EX-Roman Catholic, I became "enlightened" to the EVILS of organized religions when I started researching ancient cultures, mythologies, and the written records of past deeds to fellow human beings..

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW PEOPLE CAN WORSHIP MYTHOLOGIES.........

My GOD, is MY ENERGY, which is in everything and everyone..

it is conscious, and it is everywhere, and it is no where

that to me is my god.......and your god, and the god of everyone else..

IN MY MIND.....

I believe a figure like Jesus could exist, but he would be no different then Ghandi, or Tao,

or any other Human beings that understood the UNIVERSAL energy that connects us ALL...

and I am sure there have been many GREAT SPIRITUAL MINDS throughout history, we ALL KNOW THERE NAMES, and HAVE HEARD OF THEM, and maybe even read on them....

BUT YOUR CONNECTION TO GOD WILL BE AS UNIQUE AS YOU ARE...

after all NO ONE ON THIS PLANET

will EVER , EVER, EVER ....really know the REAL......YOU

so how they gonna tell

YOU

about

YOUR

GOD ????

just a thought

05-27-2010, 02:24 PM
(05-27-2010 02:19 PM)prdamico Wrote:  
(05-27-2010 02:16 PM)Clementine Wrote:  

I myself am EX-Roman Catholic, I became "enlightened" to the EVILS of organized religions when I started researching ancient cultures, mythologies, and the written records of past deeds to fellow human beings..

I DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW PEOPLE CAN WORSHIP MYTHOLOGIES.........

My GOD, is MY ENERGY, which is in everything and everyone..

it is conscious, and it is everywhere, and it is no where

that to me is my god.......and your god, and the god of everyone else..

IN MY MIND.....

I believe a figure like Jesus could exist, but he would be no different then Ghandi, or Tao,

or any other Human beings that understood the UNIVERSAL energy that connects us ALL...

and I am sure there have been many GREAT SPIRITUAL MINDS throughout history, we ALL KNOW THERE NAMES, and HAVE HEARD OF THEM, and maybe even read on them....

BUT YOUR CONNECTION TO GOD WILL BE AS UNIQUE AS YOU ARE...

after all NO ONE ON THIS PLANET

will EVER , EVER, EVER ....really know the REAL......YOU

so how they gonna tell

YOU

about

YOUR

GOD ????

just a thought

Boy, you know how to rant. How is "your energy" in everyone and everything. You make it sound as if you're a pantheistic creature.

05-27-2010, 02:39 PM
Here is my testament to why Jesus Christ is a load of....whatever.

He died. He did magic and than he died. He died ok.

He obviously chose this. Maybe it was because he only wanted to do what little he did. BS in my book. He was gifted and used that gift to twist people into listening to him...That and that alone.

Why else would he prophetically Rise Again, only to show himself and than vanish.

If he has anything to do with "god" than he uses his magic to heal humanity. Otherwise, he is stupid and a waste of magical power. Looks to me like he is doing something to everyone and only lying about what his true intent is.

Sorry but if you can make the word Jesus make me float.....Ill trust you

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  MY TESTIMONY, Salvation 101, Part 2 ellisbrasher 6 1,121 02-06-2009 07:23 PM
Last Post: B MAN
  MY TESTIMONY, Salvation 101, Part 1 ellisbrasher 11 2,282 02-06-2009 07:14 PM
Last Post: B MAN

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)