Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
My ideas towards God.
06-20-2010, 10:24 PM
My ideas towards God.
God. In these three letters are some of the most perplexing and and some points exasperating arguments and opinions. I am but 14, and being rather unexposed to certain theistic arguments and logics, I have come to a public forum to share my ideas, and hopefully have them bashed and maimed until I reach a more refined opinion on this massive question. So here goes.

From my observations, there seems to be no answer to be found on whether God exists or not. Science continually and acurately explains the great wonders of life and the universe, but has not disproved God. Religion has shown that the very idea of God is itself a magnificent power, and see that as a testament to his existance. They also raise their holy books in the air and say "it says he's real RIGHT HERE!" But alas, they have not proven Gods existence.

From this I can conclude two things:
A) Supposing God was real, belief in him must not be as important as religion makes it, for if it was, he would've given UNDENIABLE, and I emphasize UNDENIABLE, proof of his existence.
B) Im still rather agnostic.

Okay. Have at me. Please keep this serious.

And no Pascals Wager. That doesnt prove anything. If you disagree then open another forum and we can argue it, but leave it outside here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-20-2010, 10:39 PM
RE: My ideas towards God.
Quote:From my observations, there seems to be no answer to be found on whether God exists or not. Science continually and acurately explains the great wonders of life and the universe, but has not disproved God. Religion has shown that the very idea of God is itself a magnificent power, and see that as a testament to his existance. They also raise their holy books in the air and say "it says he's real RIGHT HERE!" But alas, they have not proven Gods existence.

You've pretty much got it right. God/gods will never be proven because you cannot prove a negative.
06-20-2010, 11:02 PM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2010 11:03 PM by lastmikvehlastDay.)
One thing I would want to know is what do you see that is different and the same within many religions (Especially as it pertains to what God is like) ?

..This may allow you to reach at what beliefs (or not) you might have on your starting-point..
06-21-2010, 04:08 PM
you sound like your in denial of the infinite truth. that is God pulling you him. For you believe in that "He Is Who He Is." This is what happens to non-believers.
06-22-2010, 02:44 AM
God wants us to make the right choices of our own will. If there was undeniable evidence of God, then it would be like our will was taken away. I think.. without putting much thought into it. Smile
06-22-2010, 12:47 PM
(06-22-2010 02:44 AM)Christian_Chris Wrote:  If there was undeniable evidence of God, then it would be like our will was taken away.

How so? How would evidence for God take away our will? I never understood why Christians say this.
06-22-2010, 02:46 PM
if i'm getting at what you are saying, God doesn't take away will. our belief and constant battle with lucifer is what drains our will. just stay faithful with God and your will, will stay strong.
06-22-2010, 08:09 PM
I do want to remind people that this thread is in the intent of deducing whether God probably exists or probably doesnt through reason and evidence.

And mystic_mcnair, simply stating that Im "in denial of infinite truth" does not affect my opinion whatsoever. Blatanly stating somethings wrong never works. Try again.

Stay on topic.
06-23-2010, 03:30 PM
what do you mean by "god"?
06-23-2010, 03:40 PM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2010 03:40 PM by JoshuaGadflyBuffone.)
(06-23-2010 03:30 PM)idontknow Wrote:  what do you mean by "god"?

The omnipotent, omniscient God. Thats what I mean. The majority audience that Im trying to draw into this discussion holds God to be such.

At least from my understanding.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Values/ideas of your religion Ajar 28 3,497 10-15-2010 08:24 PM
Last Post: StarStuff
  Egyptian Ideas of the Future Life - "Pharos" - "Ancient Egypt" helmy 0 588 08-19-2009 07:16 AM
Last Post: helmy
  My ideas seanking 7 1,427 05-09-2009 12:12 AM
Last Post: sympathy07

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)