Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Neitzche: Good=Power
06-23-2010, 04:16 PM
Neitzche: Good=Power
Before I start, I will define power: ability to do or act; capability of doing or accomplishing something.

From the Antichrist. Section 2.

What is Good? All that enhances Power. What is Bad? All that proceeds from weakness. What is happiness? The feeling that Power is increasing, that resistance has been overcome.

Is Neitzches theory correct?

Looking at it secularly (as I need all others involved to do), he seems to be correct. Life is centered around power, ability, and accomplishment. The fittest are always the most powerful. Those whith the most power reproduce, that is natural selection.

Power is the cornerstone of life (Neitzche theorizes so). All that enhances your power, which in turn continues your existance and importance, is good. (Is he right?)

All that is bad is something that demerits, demeans, and decreases your power, and thus your importance and degrades your existence, is bad. (Is he right?)

All that is happiness derives from the increasing of power, and the decrease of opposition. (Is he right?)

I think hes right......even though he was a tad bit insane at the time of his writings.....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-2010, 04:56 PM
RE: Neitzche: Good=Power
He is both right and wrong. Right in every word he spoke and yet wrong to the fact that the weakness inherent in the world is overpowering, to the point of any of it being able to be true.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-23-2010, 05:04 PM
Could you explain that last part a bit more?
06-23-2010, 05:11 PM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2010 05:12 PM by azurescen.)
Well, if your power leads you into showing itself to other people, than in truth weakness, or more important wrongful accusal, blasphemy, cruel criticism, and killing, all could bump heads with you as opposed to you being able to show true power in any sense of a good nature. In other words showing good power leads weak people to abuse their own.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-24-2010, 06:33 AM
JoshuaGadflyBuffone Wrote:  even though he was a tad bit insane at the time of his writings...

the only thing that makes sense...............lol,,,,,,,,Sad

????????????????
06-24-2010, 01:16 PM
(06-24-2010 06:33 AM)kevlar Wrote:  
JoshuaGadflyBuffone Wrote:  even though he was a tad bit insane at the time of his writings...

the only thing that makes sense...............lol,,,,,,,,Sad

Well, I dont think we should dismiss all of his work because of spots of insanity......not ALL of it......the majority of Zarathustra......yes. But not all.
06-24-2010, 01:22 PM
that is completely up to you

????????????????
06-24-2010, 07:10 PM
Good Point. But I want feedback. Opposition.
06-24-2010, 10:25 PM
I agree with you.I think you have to know it from experience to understand. It's quite inexpressible.I am trying to tie Nietzsche concept of will and power to Pieter's Homecoming. Any help?

8gb sd
06-26-2010, 12:34 PM
How about the pursuit of power is the root of all evil.

????????????????

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  If you love suffering, it loses it's power PopeADope 68 2,518 01-19-2017 02:55 PM
Last Post: jeager
  Do the theories of John William Dunne presuppose a higher power? AnrBjotk 4 2,289 11-19-2011 03:22 AM
Last Post: AnrBjotk

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)