Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Age Ten Commandments
06-18-2017, 06:49 PM
New Age Ten Commandments
Since all of the places I used to post have gone belly-up, I've decided to resurrect some of my old posts here (and in a couple of other forums). I do this so that my profound wisdom will not be lost.

Yeah, right. The real reason I'm rehashing some of my old stuff is because I can't think of any new stuff to write. I had to reach back to July of 2007 for this one.

New Age Ten Commandments

And Moshe went up into the mountain, with his old lady and a baggie filled with primo weed, for to receive the commandments from God.

And Moshe and his old lady did get wasted, and did rut together as the beasts of the field, until both were near exhausted.

And the weed was ablaze, yet was not fully consumed (for Moshe's old lady didn't really inhale).

And the Lord God spoke from out of the burning weed, and said,

I am the Lord thy God. Thou shalt have no other Gods before me.

And Moshe was sore afraid. (Sore afraid, in fact, that he nearly pissed himself.)

And the Lord God said, Chill dude. I was just messin' with ya. Have as many gods before me as you want. Many paths. Same source. All is one. One is All. In fact, that's my first commandment: Believe whatever the hell you want. It's all good.

And Moshe did answer, Uh. Okay.

And the Lord said, Thou shalt use the greeting "Namaste" at every opportunity (or, if thou wilt not, then at least try to work the phrase "Love and light" into as many conversations as you can) for verily this shall make thee appear to be more spiritual than thou really art. That is my second commandment.

And the Lord said, This is my third commandment: Thou shalt be tolerant of all religions, except for the one you were brought up to believe in - for verily, parents are stupid.

And Moshe said, Amen.

And the Lord said, This is my fourth commandment: Thou shalt not pray. Call it meditation. Call it centering yourself. Call it focusing your chakra. But don't call it prayer. That's too old-school. And remember that the Lord thy God is a cool, swingin', with-it kind of a God.

And the Lord said, Let's see... number five... number five... oh yeah: Remember the Winter Solstice, to keep it holy.

And Moshe said, What day does that fall on this year, O Lord?

And God said, I'm not sure. Ask one of those Wiccans. They're always keeping up with crap like that.

And God said, Now for number six. This is a biggie. Are you writing these down?

And Moshe said, No problem, Lord. I'll remember.

And the Lord said, Yeah right. You'll forget all this crap once you come down... from the mountain, that is. Then the Lord coughed and said, Hey! This is some good weed!

And Moshe said, Woah! Don't bogart my inspiration, man.

And God said, That's a good one. I'll make that number six: Thou shalt not bogart thy neighbor's inspiration. And the seventh commandment is like unto it. That is: Thou shalt not steal. Stealing is just plain wrong, man. However, it's okay to steal the ideas and precepts from other religions and pass them off as your own. Do it just right, and verily thou shalt be a guru, and shall be made rich from the contributions of the gullible... er... I mean faithful.

And Moshe said, Fleece the sheep. Got it.

And the Lord said, Here's number eight: Thou shalt rotate thy healing crystals every two thousand miles, and thou shalt verily get good gas mileage. A tune-up every ten thousand miles is also highly recommended.

And God said, For my last commandment: Always keep a good supply of Kool Aid on hand. A spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down. Just ask Jim Jones.

And Moshe said, That's only nine.

And the Lord God of Hosts said, Huh?

And Moshe said, That's only nine commandments.

And the Lord God sighed and said, Aw hell, Moshe. Just make something up. Those morons won't know the difference.

And verily, a new age was born.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2017, 06:56 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2017 07:07 PM by PeterPants.)
RE: New Age Ten Commandments
This one i like. Tongue bit silly but i like it.
Probably just because i love the weed Tongue

~~~

when we enter a discussion on matters of discordance, we should search for truth not victory, In this manner we always win, there are no losers.
06-18-2017, 08:22 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2017 08:22 PM by Imprecise Interrupt.)
Been quite a while, decades in fact, since I hoisted the pipe (my preferred mode). Even longer since I used more serious chemicals. It was via the latter that I talked with God. (Not really of course and I knew that at the time as well.)

In one conversation God said something like "I hate to break it to you but this is the only life you are going to have. Climb out of that hole you are in and live it. Do something cool that you can be happy about when you are old. Along the way try to do things to make the one and only lives of other people less miserable and not more miserable." Or maybe I was talking to myself. Whatever it was, I followed that advice and never regretted it.

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
- Albert Einstein
06-18-2017, 08:27 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2017 08:32 PM by PeterPants.)
Yeah damn straight II. Gotta actually do things with your life. Drugs can be a terrible waste of time.

Weed however. I enjoy like i enjoy cofee. A healthy attitude towards drugs can be a brillient thing. I like to have a smoke and write, draw or paint, or build planes.

Ive never had the oppertunity to take anything else. But there are a number of harmless psycadelics i would certainly like to try one day.

~~~

when we enter a discussion on matters of discordance, we should search for truth not victory, In this manner we always win, there are no losers.
06-18-2017, 08:42 PM
I saw psychedelics mess up some lives so take a care if you are going to try that out. My life was already messed up so I guess they actually helped. Tongue Or maybe it was just the amazing joy and optimism of that particular age that turned my head around. Or the Zen Buddhism I was practicing at the time. Or maybe all of the above.

We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.
- Albert Einstein
06-18-2017, 08:54 PM (This post was last modified: 06-18-2017 08:57 PM by PeterPants.)
Oh yes. No one should ever take a drug unkess they are well inforned about it. I said harmless psycedelics for a reason Tongue
I meant harmless for me. Being that i understand the risks and effects, and am quite sure i can take it. Low doses of certain things.

Think the main problem with drugs is a lack of understanding of dosage. Lack of education in general. Obscurantist properganda like 'reefer madness' (the bad one not the good one) are really damaging in this area.

~~~

06-19-2017, 09:29 AM
I saw a very fit young lady at the sporting goods store over the weekend; she had on a shirt that said "Drop and give me Zen".

When someone asks "What would Jesus do?" remind them that flipping tables and chasing people with a whip is entirely possible.
06-19-2017, 10:00 AM
(06-19-2017 09:29 AM)Caesar Saladin Wrote:  I saw a very fit young lady at the sporting goods store over the weekend; she had on a shirt that said "Drop and give me Zen".

Did she look like the young Kelly LeBrock?

- Albert Einstein
06-19-2017, 10:11 AM
(06-19-2017 10:00 AM)Imprecise Interrupt Wrote:  
(06-19-2017 09:29 AM)Caesar Saladin Wrote:  I saw a very fit young lady at the sporting goods store over the weekend; she had on a shirt that said "Drop and give me Zen".

Actually, she looked like a slightly thinner Amanda Bingson, one of our top hammer throwers.

When someone asks "What would Jesus do?" remind them that flipping tables and chasing people with a whip is entirely possible.
06-19-2017, 10:42 AM
(06-19-2017 10:11 AM)Caesar Saladin Wrote:  
(06-19-2017 10:00 AM)Imprecise Interrupt Wrote:  

Actually, she looked like a slightly thinner Amanda Bingson, one of our top hammer throwers.

She's the one that wears shirts that say: "Drop: Hammertime"!

Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  new age Vana 53 2,704 09-25-2014 01:57 PM
Last Post: Vana
  Sean Faircloth's Ten Point Vision of a Secular America Secular Hobbit 3 492 06-27-2012 05:36 PM
Last Post: Satyros
  Do commandments and threats negate free will? Greatest I am 25 3,168 03-27-2012 04:12 PM
Last Post: thomasj6299
  Itikaf, The Night Of Qadar And The Last Ten Days Of Ramadan Manahel.Fatima 6 937 09-09-2011 03:42 AM
Last Post: DaniEl
  The Ten Commandments purpose, Sin and Solution FRED 14 1,528 03-26-2011 01:04 AM
Last Post: MRlogic
  The old Age argument. EqualAtheist 38 3,653 02-06-2011 08:47 AM
Last Post: StarStuff
  New golden age. MRlogic 6 958 02-01-2011 05:52 PM
Last Post: MRlogic
  Does and should God break His commandments? Greatest I am 0 409 08-16-2010 06:21 PM
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Regarding Ten Commandments friendofafriend 2 594 09-27-2009 01:48 AM
Last Post: GTseng3

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)