Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Testament
08-24-2009, 08:22 PM
New Testament
The New Testament is sometimes called the Greek New Testament or Greek Scriptures, or the New Covenant – which is the literal translation of the original Greek. The original texts were written in Koine Greek by various authors after c. AD 45.

Its 27 books were gradually collected into a single volume over a period of several centuries. Although certain Christian sects differ as to which works are included in the New Testament, the vast majority of denominations have settled on the same twenty-seven book canon:

Although the traditional timeline of composition may have been taken into account by the shapers of the current New Testament format, it is not, nor was it meant to be, in strictly chronological order.
Though Jesus speaks Aramaic in it, the New Testament (including the Gospels) was written in Greek because that was the lingua franca of the Roman Empire.

According to tradition, the earliest of the books were the letters of Paul, and the last books to be written are those attributed to John, who is traditionally said to have lived to a very old age, perhaps dying as late as 100, although this is often disputed.

Irenaeus of Lyons, c. 185, stated that the Gospels of Matthew and Mark were written while Peter and Paul were preaching in Rome, which would be in the 60s, and Luke was written some time later.

I read recently that scrolls dug up from Herculaneum were in Greek
(Herculaneum was buried at same time as Pompeii )
this proves that Greek was the lingua franca of the Med
and that Latin was a Johnny come Lately.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-24-2009, 09:03 PM (This post was last modified: 08-24-2009 09:27 PM by Parousia.)
RE: New Testament
(08-24-2009 08:22 PM)sunking Wrote:  I read recently that scrolls dug up from Herculaneum were in Greek

Latin was the official language of centralized government of the Roman Empire. Greek was the administrative language of the eastern regions because many people there understood it, certainly much more than knew Latin. This was thanks to the efforts of Alexander the Great a few centuries earlier. Greek was widely used throughout the Empire by the educated classes, perhaps to show that they were educated, as French was commonly used by the educated many centuries later. Greek is certainly the older language, but its use in the western regions definitely came after Latin and was never the 'language of the people' there. In between Greek and French, the language of scholars was Latin, this deriving from the influence of the Roman Church on civilization.

Caesar's Commentaries on the Gallic Wars, intended to be read by (or read to) the common people of Rome in his bid for popular support, was written not only in Latin but in simple short sentences with a fairly limited vocabulary. (E.g., Omnia Gallia in tres partes divisa est.) Which is why it was used in second year Latin class. By contrast, fourth year Latin used advanced and elegant writing such as Virgil.
I did not mean to slight your discussion of the NT. It's just that there was nothing controversial to talk about, except maybe trivial quibbles over the exact dates of the various books.
08-26-2009, 08:02 AM (This post was last modified: 08-26-2009 08:45 AM by Raphael.)
RE: New Testament
(08-24-2009 08:22 PM)sunking Wrote:  I read recently that scrolls dug up from Herculaneum were in Greek

Around the 60s?
Paul started promoting Christianity when?

When did Pompeii / Herculaneum get destroyed?
79 AD

What ancient 10,000+ year old symbol can we find buried all around the Mediterranean basin?

From Greece to Jerusalem to Troy to Carthage to Rome to Pompeii what symbol can we find buried in these 'hot spots' while the rabid 'holier than thou' Christians were trying to create a new belief system?
What symbol was buried along with these ancient civilizations/cultures that were destroyed by nature or man?

Shall we go the Villa of the Mysteries in Pompeii to find out?
Wink

[Image: KnightsTemplarMagicSquareVillaofthe.jpg][Image: KnightsTemplarMagicSquareSwastikaVi.jpg]

Show me a modern Judeao/Christian/Islamic Church/Synagogue/Mosque/Ashram and I will show you an area/local where the swastika once ruled.
Easy to do.
Time somebody with real courage and archetypal insight did.
Wink

[Image: 111cruxdissimulataswastika.jpg]
Mosaic featuring Crux Dissimulata a.k.a. SWASTIKA, Herculaneum
many good photos here:
http://www.qsov.com/Italy2005/Italy2005.html

Also found in Pompeii was the Knights Templar Magic Square.

[Image: knightstemplarmagicsquareaeon.jpg]
Knights Templar Magic Square contains the Templar Cross if you join the letters AEON four times.
AEON four times = 4 AGES?
Maybe...
Play a game, like I did.
What other CROSSES are embedded in this ancient 5x5 magic square? Wink
http://forums.abrahadabra.com/showpost.p...stcount=13

Can we connect all of the above to St. John the Baptist?
i.e. Swastika and Knights Templar connected to St. John the Baptist
YES
I have... Wink
read these two successive posts found here:
http://www.religionforums.org/thread-31-...ml#pid9297

BUT please note...Pompeii was destroyed in the 1st century and the heroes of the crusades were not even an entity till the 11th century.
1000 years later but the square became adopted by the Knights Templar who it is rumored also found the legendary Ark of the Covenant buried in the Temple of Solomon.
So goes the contrived western BS, that the sheeple refer to and recite as HIS-story.

Other folks draw the obvious conclusions that the Temple of Solomon is an archetype representing the human body too.
I have repeatedly shown the connections between matter and anti-matter/DNA/amino acids/proteins/sugars/crystals and the swastika.
Digging for the truth is an amazing journey.
Ignore the ignorant on your journey folks.
They are merely distractions that the archetypal 'devil' has enlisted to keep folks embalmed on the prison planet...

The walking dead, unaware, think they have free will?
EWE are being lead, hook, line, and sinker in the Age of the Fish/Pisces.

Fishy fish stories told by the Pope who wears the ring of the fisherman?
Stories about the Carpenter/builder who cast his net over the RIGHT side of the boat?
My fish story suggests my god is bigger than yours. Tongue
nah nah nah nah nah

namaste

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/about/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Why does the Old Testament end with a book concerning love whirlingmerc 1 64 06-25-2017 12:12 PM
Last Post: Imprecise Interrupt
  Where is the son of God in the Old Testament? chucknance 274 15,074 03-16-2017 05:54 PM
Last Post: Sue D.
  A Theological contradiction in the New Testament. Azrael17 100 13,644 08-28-2016 06:55 PM
Last Post: Avun Jahei
  the other half of the old testament... Adi Baba 85 5,053 02-12-2014 04:46 PM
Last Post: shiverleaf15
  Old testament FrostBite 41 5,963 05-14-2010 01:37 AM
Last Post: prdamico

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)