Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Warning System
12-21-2008, 05:14 PM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2009 12:10 AM by God Rocks.)
New Warning System
There is now a more formal warning system in order to better enforce the forum rules which will make this a more friendly place. Warnings will result in members receiving warning points. The amount of points given and how long they stay with the member depends on the type of rule that is broken.

Warning Types
Off Topic/Pointless/Illegible Post = 5 Points (Expires after 3 months)
Posts which are totally off topic, completely pointless, or contain so many typos and other errors it is difficult to read.

Spam = 20 Points (Expires after 4 months)
Posts which are only advertisements. A link in your signature or a brief mention if it is on topic would probably be acceptable but more than that or any kind of sales talk is unacceptable.

Inappropriate Post = 20 Points (Expires after 4 months)
Anything R-rated

Personal Attack = 20 Points (Expires after 6 months)
Any name calling or other attacks aimed at another member or group of members. We are here to debate topics, just because you may disagree on a topic doesn't mean you should attack the person. Retaliation posts will receive the same warning as any other, even if you believe the other member deserved it. The appropriate response should be to return the conversation back to the topic, report the offending post if needed, or add the person to your blocked list if you don't want to hear from them anymore.

Warning Levels
50 Points (50%) = Loss of Posting Privileges for 5 Days
75 Points (75%) = Loss of Posting Privileges for 2 Weeks
100 Points (100%) = Banned for 1 Year

This warning system may be adjusted as needed in order to create the most fair system possible. You can post any comments you may have about the warning system here.

His and Your Humble Servant
RF's Sponsors
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2008, 03:40 PM
RE: New Warning System
Good system. Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
12-28-2008, 08:15 AM
very fair for people who are educated.Sad

Good evil salvation
01-04-2009, 06:05 PM
(12-28-2008 08:15 AM)smellycat Wrote:  very fair for people who are educated.Sad

lol...50% = 6/10?
02-09-2009, 04:17 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2009 04:19 AM by Pilgrim.)
God Rocks Wrote:Warning Types
Off Topic/Pointless/Illegible Post = 5 Points (Expires after 3 months)
Posts which are totally off topic, completely pointless, or contain so many typos and other errors it is difficult to read.
Meaning no criticism bro. but I do find this criteria somewhat biased? I mean what to some will seem pointless to others will be valid comment and therefore this is subjective and if it's off topic or so unintelligable that it cannot be understood then surely we're adult enough to point that out for ourselves, politely, in a subsiquent post without penalising someone for it? Either that, or simply not responding to it. As to the rest, yes excellent! Smile

"Love is not a feeling, it's an act of your will." Don Francisco.
02-12-2009, 07:43 PM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2009 07:44 PM by God Rocks.)
(02-09-2009 04:17 AM)Pilgrim Wrote:  Meaning no criticism bro. but I do find this criteria somewhat biased? I mean what to some will seem pointless to others will be valid comment and therefore this is subjective and if it's off topic or so unintelligable that it cannot be understood then surely we're adult enough to point that out for ourselves, politely, in a subsiquent post without penalising someone for it? Either that, or simply not responding to it. As to the rest, yes excellent! Smile

Unfortunately the problem with the internet is that not everyone acts adult like so I feel like there should be at least some way to try to prevent the forum from becoming overrun with pointless posts. I agree that it is rather subjective, but I've tried to deal with this in 2 ways. First, this rule isn't heavily enforced. It is mostly used only for the most obviously pointless or irrelevant posts. Second, the warning only gives 5 points. Since it takes 100 points before someone would be banned, it really isn't that big of a deal if someone would only get a warning for it once in a while.

His and Your Humble Servant
RF's Sponsors
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  the warning system Visqueen 0 380 04-09-2015 10:08 AM
Last Post: Visqueen
  Warning Yefet 21 2,179 05-06-2014 11:56 PM
Last Post: Herminator

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)