Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New user, new religion
08-25-2011, 06:02 PM
New user, new religion
Hi, everyone.

I thought I would stop by to share some good conversation about religion, one of my favorite subjects.

I was raised as a Christian, and life has gotten very strange since then, so I have had to reconsider my beliefs. I am now polytheistic. I don't know for certain that my gods exist outside of my own head, but they are more real than the Christian god ever was. All I can say is that they were there when I needed them, and I think I always will.

My beliefs are best taken in small doses, because they can frighten people, so I will listen for a while, maybe talk about other religions, before I say too much more. That way I don't get accused of being a devil worshipper or insane, or trolling a message board to be silly; at least, not right away.

-Morella Marchande
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2011, 08:51 AM
RE: New user, new religion
Hi and welcome to our little asylum!

Your name is beautiful!
08-26-2011, 01:19 PM
(08-26-2011 08:51 AM)Alison2 Wrote:  Hi and welcome to our little asylum!

Your name is beautiful!

Thank you! Morella came from a poem by Poe, which is significant to me, in a strange way. Marchande is a religious family name, in another strange way. I'm not sure who begat whom, but when my "gods" accepted me into their family, I took their name.

I would be very much at home in an asylum; at least, that's what people keep telling me.
08-26-2011, 02:32 PM
Then you'll fit right in!

We fly over our nest quite regularly ...
08-26-2011, 04:02 PM
Welcome. Am interested to hear more about your religion. Not sure, that it would frighten us, or that we would call you a devil worshipper. We do have some people that might not respect your idea of other gods, but, that will come no matter where you go. Will keep my eyes open for you.

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.
08-26-2011, 04:51 PM
(08-26-2011 04:02 PM)EqualAtheist Wrote:  Welcome. Am interested to hear more about your religion. Not sure, that it would frighten us, or that we would call you a devil worshipper. We do have some people that might not respect your idea of other gods, but, that will come no matter where you go. Will keep my eyes open for you.

See my post in the agnostic forum, in the Pantheisms thread. That's a pretty good introduction to my insanity.

A Christian recently told me that my gods were real, and very dangerous. I supposed that was supposed to make me forsake them and turn to Christ, but to tell you the truth, it kind of turned me on.

Of course they are dangerous, and evil. Either they came to me for that reason, or I created them in my own image. Either way, I find it stimulating.
09-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Welcome, always nice to have some new viewpoints!

Osho: "Enlightenment means being fully conscious, aware. Ordinarily we are not conscious and not aware. We are doing things either out of habit or out of biological instinct".
09-30-2011, 10:54 PM
I am sorry that you feel that way about God. He really does love you.
10-01-2011, 08:03 AM
(09-30-2011 10:54 PM)IsmailaGodHasHeard Wrote:  I am sorry that you feel that way about God. He really does love you.

As can be seen by all the passages in the bible.Rolleyes

????????????????

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hello all, new user here. Ro3bert 3 601 03-18-2011 11:30 AM
Last Post: Ro3bert

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)