Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Hi There. I am new here. This is the second forum I have been involved in. I was involved (5,000 + posts) in a sports forum but the abusive religion posts chased me away.

I am here because I like to chat about God. I am a Christian (25 years) and a father of 1 and 1 on the way. I pastor a small church in Northern Canada but am an American citizen.

That's the basics. Oh I also have a small devotional blog:
http://www.apperson.blogspot.com

Passionately Sharing Jesus at http://www.apperson.blogspot.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2009, 04:41 PM
RE: Newbie
Greetings, RickD.

Just out of curiosity, what particular sports do you follow?

---------------
Not selling anything.
Find all posts by this user
09-07-2009, 05:32 PM
Baseball and football mostly. (Yankees and Bears fan!)

What about you?

09-07-2009, 08:44 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2009 08:45 PM by MerryAtheist.)
I limit myself to one sport; baseball. Though I don't follow it that closely. It was the one sport I loved the most growing up. I live in the Northwest (grew up in the Seattle area), so I've inherited an interest in the Mariners. Hated them last year, but they seem to have turned things around and are now headed in the right direction. It'll take a few years, but they should be a threat again someday.

These days, I go and watch the local A-ball Minor League team (the Spokane Indians). I don't know any of the players and don't really care who they are, I just like sitting in the stands on a warm summer night, enjoying a beer and dog, and watching the game. Next year I'm getting season tickets.

At any rate, welcome to the forums. I'm not a frequent contributor, but I check in every day to see if there's anything I can contribute (or, failing that, if there is any smart-aleck remark I can make). I generally try to remain polite, and will always respond positively to those who extend the same courtesy to me, whether we agree or not.

Talk to you soon...

---------------
Not selling anything.
09-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Hey Merry Atheist. I checked out your blog. Interesting. I'll have to dig into that more.

Minor league ball rocks. My parents live in East Tn a long HR away from the AA Chicago Cubs team...

Thanks for the welcome. I will probably check in every day or so as well and see what strikes my fancy. So what's the make-up like here? Does anyone know the percentage of say Protestants to Muslims to Atheists? Just curious.

I love living in BC, Canada. Nice weather, nice folks and very peaceful.

Talk to ya later.

09-08-2009, 10:37 AM
The mix here seems pretty spread out. No one appears to have the majority, which makes things interesting, and provides lots of fodder for discussion and fireworks.

Personally, I'd love to participate more, but I gotta earn a living to satisfy my wife's extravagant tastes, and to provide a constant stream of biscuits for the dog.

I admit my Merryatheist.net site has been languishing unattended for some time. I'll need to add a re-design/refresh to the list of things to do this winter. I'm just having too much fun to bother with it right now, I guess.

I've enjoyed talking to you in this thread, and I'm looking forward to butting heads in a discussion soon.

Ciao.

---------------
Not selling anything.
09-08-2009, 10:45 AM
Ah, sports.

Welcome Rick. I'm not going to say we don't have any abusive posters (this is the interweb, after all,) but I like to think we're better than most.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
09-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Cool and thanks GTseng3....well let's put it this way, so far I haven't seen any pics of Jesus and references to Him in that pic as a zombie and so far no one has called the Bible a 2,000 year old comicbook so yeah I'm thinking this is a cool place.

09-08-2009, 12:47 PM
(09-08-2009 11:49 AM)RickD Wrote:  Cool and thanks GTseng3....well let's put it this way, so far I haven't seen any pics of Jesus and references to Him in that pic as a zombie and so far no one has called the Bible a 2,000 year old comicbook so yeah I'm thinking this is a cool place.

For the record, I have referred to Jesus as a zombie, but only on my blog, where I tend to let my (metaphorical) hair down.

I generally don't go out of my way to insult people in forums, as it is usually counter-productive.

---------------
Not selling anything.
09-08-2009, 03:18 PM
I've referred to Jesus as a zombie here, but it was only to shock a few people into looking at the story from a different perspective.

He's actually a reverse vampire. He rose from the dead so we can drink his blood Smile

Just kidding, of course.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Hello! I'm a Newbie Here! Bartender 4 827 03-30-2015 09:44 AM
Last Post: Bartender
  Newbie alert....newbie alert menna 5 588 06-15-2014 02:16 AM
Last Post: menna
Wink Opinionated Newbie MamaStorm 8 852 03-19-2013 09:16 AM
Last Post: MamaStorm
  Newbie Anaya 7 1,121 09-17-2012 08:15 PM
Last Post: Visqueen
  newbie here :) Cyber Prince 1 530 04-13-2012 04:49 AM
Last Post: Zagreus
  Newbie Introduction kateriyan 1 523 01-22-2010 10:41 PM
Last Post: Zagreus
  Greetings from a Newbie!!! rickyvogas 1 536 01-08-2010 10:18 AM
Last Post: Parousia
  Newbie Here rickmathew 5 1,360 12-22-2009 08:11 AM
Last Post: jerysbond
  I am Newbie.. nikdevid 9 1,702 12-01-2009 01:32 PM
Last Post: GTseng3
  Another Newbie Parousia 2 994 06-09-2009 09:17 PM
Last Post: God Rocks

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)