Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
No Religion !!
02-05-2009, 08:32 AM
No Religion !!
It is not easy being an ignoramus of religion. Though I have my views and interpretations of it. What is the point,purpose of religion ? Would we be a world worse without religion ? Would we have the wars that we have ? Is it not used more for harm than good?

Meet,see and talk your religionMeet and View
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2009, 09:05 AM
RE: No Religion !!
depends what you mean by religion,getting guidance from God religion.or people making stuff up.?

Good evil salvation
02-05-2009, 09:20 AM
Religion is man made. Faith is based on something higher than human -- no matter which belief you have. Would the world be better without religion? IMO, yes. Better without faith? IMO, no. The old adage of 'You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink' holds true for religion ... and faith.

Wars may have been and may still be fought in the name of religion ... but that's not the only reason wars are fought.

Justice -- When you get what you deserve.
Mercy -- When you don't get what you deserve.
Grace -- When you get what you don't deserve.
02-05-2009, 09:38 AM
(02-05-2009 09:20 AM)Alison Wrote:  Religion is man made. Faith is based on something higher than human -- no matter which belief you have. Would the world be better without religion? IMO, yes. Better without faith? IMO, no. The old adage of 'You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make him drink' holds true for religion ... and faith.

Wars may have been and may still be fought in the name of religion ... but that's not the only reason wars are fought.
Impressive reply Alison. As faith is an inner thing and IMO no way relates to any religion or God. Therefore,why preach religion? Should our elders outside of the church,ie at home or school not instill that faith. Do we need a church for that? Looking around there appears to be a big lack of faith.

02-05-2009, 10:08 AM
Here's the thing ... at least to my kooky way of thinking ... religion is for those who don't want to be responsible for what they think or do. It's been proven time and again -- look at all the Kool-Aid drinkers.

Today's religion gives you permission. Faith holds you accountable. Church isn't a requirement of the Christian faith. You can be a Christian and never step foot into a church. In the Christian faith, church is for like-minded people gathering, fellowshipping, supporting etc.

Religion tends to teach 'do and then repent' while faith tends to teach you how to make the decision and being gratified in another way rather than the whole instant gratification/delayed conscience syndrome.

That's my gig on why people steer away from faith ... faith takes effort.

02-05-2009, 10:42 AM
i agree with you,faith is to learn and keep clear from situations etc.

Good evil salvation
02-05-2009, 11:38 AM
(02-05-2009 10:08 AM)Alison Wrote:  Here's the thing ... at least to my kooky way of thinking ... religion is for those who don't want to be responsible for what they think or do. It's been proven time and again -- look at all the Kool-Aid drinkers.

Today's religion gives you permission. Faith holds you accountable. Church isn't a requirement of the Christian faith. You can be a Christian and never step foot into a church. In the Christian faith, church is for like-minded people gathering, fellowshipping, supporting etc.

Religion tends to teach 'do and then repent' while faith tends to teach you how to make the decision and being gratified in another way rather than the whole instant gratification/delayed conscience syndrome.

Great response Alison. The church does give people too much of an excuse to be irresponsible. Living in Italy I met the then Popes secretary. We had an interesting conversation. Basically he wanted to do good amongst the people and encourage others to do the same. Having seen first hand the concentration camps of Hitler,who wouldn't. That is to me what the church is used for at it's best. Wonder if the Pope would of put Hitler in a confession box !!!

02-05-2009, 09:35 PM
(02-05-2009 10:08 AM)Alison Wrote:  Here's the thing ... at least to my kooky way of thinking ... religion is for those who don't want to be responsible for what they think or do. It's been proven time and again -- look at all the Kool-Aid drinkers.

Hmm... Strange. Most people I know would chalk that up to "Reason". Not faith.

Es gibt keine Korken in diesem Strom. Aber ich dachte zweifellos, dass es geben würde. Es dauerte mir Jahre, um diese einfache Wahrheit zu finden.
02-06-2009, 07:03 AM
Here's the logical conclusion that comes to my mind. Basically, it's a code in the human brain (genes?), to control the world from getting overpopulated. Without it, humans won't have any reason to fight or hate each other, and just constantly multiply. Maybe we're just imprisoned here for some unknown to us reason. Nor religion, nor the science are the real truth.Maybe it will be revealed when we're done here??
02-06-2009, 09:33 AM
(02-05-2009 09:35 PM)DerStrom Wrote:  

Hmm... Strange. Most people I know would chalk that up to "Reason". Not faith.

Well, common sense leads me to follow the rules of the world such as federal and state mandates, but the federal and state government aren't responsible for my moral code. As I mentioned in my post ... these are just my thoughts. Having been raised in a Baptist church and being married to a preacher, I've seen what religion can do. I simply tend to take the man made part out and follow the teachings of Jesus Christ in the Bible.

Just my $0.02 ... your mileage may vary Big Grin

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)