Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Noah's Ark thread has sunk
11-11-2017, 02:54 PM
Noah's Ark thread has sunk
The Noah's Ark thread appears to have run into some kind of internal limit. Attempting to see the latest post wraps around to the first post on the first page. I have seen this before. If I remember correctly it happens when page 61 starts.

And here I sit so patiently waiting to find out what price
You have to pay to get out of going through all these things twice
Dylan
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2017, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2017 04:29 PM by muhammad_isa.)
RE: Noah's Ark thread has sunk
(11-11-2017 02:54 PM)Imprecise Interrupt Wrote:  The Noah's Ark thread appears to have run into some kind of internal limit. Attempting to see the latest post wraps around to the first post on the first page. I have seen this before. If I remember correctly it happens when page 61 starts.

Aha! I noticed it .. new posts don't show up either .. every now and then it seems to clear itself .. then it happens again Smile

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters.
11-11-2017, 05:13 PM
(11-11-2017 02:54 PM)Imprecise Interrupt Wrote:  The Noah's Ark thread appears to have run into some kind of internal limit. Attempting to see the latest post wraps around to the first post on the first page. I have seen this before. If I remember correctly it happens when page 61 starts.

This has happened in the past as well, and indeed "60" seems to be the magic number.... weird.

Yesterday I noticed it showed one of BG's posts as the latest, but indeed it wrapped arounbd to the OP when I clicked it.

Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it
11-12-2017, 04:30 AM
it's a goner again.... you can't post in the thread, and when trying to you get transferred back to the OP.

11-12-2017, 05:15 AM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2017 05:15 AM by Amememhab.)
Aye. In Davy Jones’s locker. With 619 animals (posts) aboard, including the Creation Museum’s dinosaurs. But I see Ark II already plying the seas...
~ Smile
11-12-2017, 10:23 AM
I'm sure the mods can fix it, just like Vis did last time...

11-12-2017, 12:52 PM
Ok, so we have to continue proceedings here! Smile

(11-12-2017 12:24 AM)The_Squid Wrote:  
(11-11-2017 11:19 PM)Brother Gerald Wrote:  
(11-11-2017 07:02 PM)The_Squid Wrote:  
Quote:With the use of metals back then, it is possible there was some metals used to put the Ark together...

You cling to “what’s possible” like a drowning man to a life raft, but completely ignore the impossible... (2 of every animal in the world on a boat and then all the inbreeding).

1. To
Of BS nonsense.

Listing a bunch of nonsense doesn’t help with the impossibility of getting 2 of every animal in the world on a boat.

Actually BG posted the exact same list as posted by our JW friend Tas-10 earlier in this thread. Looks like they gave up on discussion (all those hard-to-answer questions!) and think you are arguing a case by copy/pasting lists of nonsense from creation.com.

(11-12-2017 01:11 AM)Amememhab Wrote:  
(11-11-2017 05:21 PM)Herminator Wrote:  
(11-11-2017 02:27 PM)Amememhab Wrote:  This is the Noah’s Ark thread? Were chariots with iron-shod wheels stowed in the hold, for use against any armies of the Earth “filled with violence” (Genesis 6:11) managing to survive the deluge?...
(11-11-2017 02:30 PM)Imprecise Interrupt Wrote:  The chariots stowed aboard the Ark had titanium-shod wheels.

Explains the titanium alloy rivets - you've solved the riddle II! Big Grin

The real problem here was the Flood took place in the Bronze Age, if not the Stone Age. No iron, no titanium, no plutonium.

When I explained this to BG he came with a very strong "yeah well maybe ("maybe" being his most used word on this forum!) God made titanium especially for the Ark!".

(11-11-2017 11:19 PM)Brother Gerald Wrote:  
(11-09-2017 09:20 AM)Amememhab Wrote:  The one time you presented us with an article, it was bogus to the third degree...

Well, (exasperation) Imagine that, you ask for something, than call it a prob.

Well tbh, asking for actual evidence instead of bogus website texts was kinda naughty of me!

Bad Cut and Past Wrote:I, Bad Cut and Paste, King of Typos, posted that clip to make it look like it was Amememhab!

Big Grin

BG indeed is mixing a lot of things up - in his defense, it's hard to keep track of the slew of nonsense "explanations" he has giving in this thread. Remember the fountains!

11-12-2017, 03:24 PM
Sorry, I just got to the post on the other thread.
Amememhab Offline
RE: Noah's Ark

(11-09-2017 04:33 PM)Brother Gerald Wrote:
No it will never be ok to take part of knowledge and draw conclusion as does science which will never know it all, leaving only a theory.

If we couldn’t formulate a theory and draw conclusions based on partial information, Dr. Snow would never have been able to convince the selectmen of London to allow him to remove the Broad Street pump handle in 1854, an action which kept residents from drawing the contaminated water in that well and ended a lethal cholera outbreak.

Scientists did not know about pathogenic microbes, as Koch wouldn’t publish his famous postulates, the germ theory of disease, until 1881. Yet Dr. Snow theorized that the water was responsible for the cholera, going against then-conventional wisdom that cholera spread through bad air in slums and swamps, the miasma theory. And he was correct.

To draw his conclusions, Dr. Snow drew a map of the cholera cases, noting that they concentrated around the Broad Street pump. Inmates in a nearby workhouse escaped cholera because they got their water elsewhere. Turns out the well had been dug only a few feet from a cesspit where feces were dumped. The ultimate in toilet-to-tap, I would say.

If you will read again, you will notice I said leaving only a theory!
11-12-2017, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2017 05:09 PM by Amememhab.)
(11-12-2017 02:53 PM)Brother Gerald Wrote:  I would think that is where the Torah mentions the sons of God who married the daughters of men, having children who became of old, men of renown. Their knowledge would be great because the fallen angels taught many of the secrets of Heaven as one writer put it, yet the secrets they knew were worthless according to God...

So we did have men of renown (Genesis 6:4), of tall stature. Yet I don’t recall Genesis pegging Noah at 132in; why, the ruler on the doctor’s office scale goes only to 80, and the nurse will never get his height unless she stands on a ladder, using a carpenter’s tape measure! Instead, it seems the bible described Noah as a righteous man. And to be righteous, you need not be tall.

I can imagine a wizened Noah, age 824 with another 126 to go, looking up at his three strapping sons with love in his eyes, as they reminisce around the campfire about the day 223 years past when the family finally alighted from the Ark to kiss dry land again. Although I don’t know how long Shem, Ham and Japheth lived, and with lifespans rapidly contracting in each generation, some children might have predeceased their parents. At any rate, although I’ve reserved judgment on those longevity figures, I see no basis for thinking them other than part of the story. Noah looks the more impressive the older he is. Given righteousness can bless a soul at age 20, enormous lifespan isn’t necessary for the key Noachic trait the bible records: Noah’s sense of right and wrong, his conscious contact with God.

I respect your zeal for Christ, Brother Gerald. I’ve been hard on you about the Ark only because it bears the fingerprints of classic literature, alongside Hemingway in The Old Man and the Sea. God, as I understand him, has no urges to showboat his power. He has nothing to prove to us. But he can twinkle a Mesopotamian heart into making a local hydraulic disaster into a flood story in which values God wants to teach us: faith, even temperament, endurance amid hardship, can be inserted to educate the first audiences hearing that story. It’s 4000 years extant now.

And yeah. Mere secrets, and patient faith, are worlds apart.
~ Wink

(11-12-2017 03:17 PM)Herminator Wrote:  
(11-12-2017 11:09 AM)Visqueen Wrote:  I can't even lock this thread, something very weird going on. To all posters - please consider this thread closed.
Important bits balded and highlighted for those that are visually challenged Big Grin

Yup. The Queen is shelling the Bismarck, but she won’t sink!
~ Big Grin

(11-12-2017 12:52 PM)Herminator Wrote:  God made titanium especially for the Ark!

And I suppose he made plutonium especially for the Fat Man bomb.

(11-12-2017 03:24 PM)Brother Gerald Wrote:  
’Amememhab’ Wrote:To draw his conclusions, Dr. Snow drew a map of the cholera cases, noting that they concentrated around the Broad Street pump...The ultimate in toilet-to-tap, I would say.

I’d say Dr. Snow left lives spared a death by cholera. God never forbade us use of our minds.
~ Angel
11-12-2017, 05:40 PM (This post was last modified: 11-12-2017 05:43 PM by Brother Gerald.)

It seems to be posting ok now, yet Vis says to consider that thread closed so here we are, and here we go.

RE: Noah's Ark

(11-09-2017 04:33 PM)Brother Gerald Wrote:
You have not proved that the flood didn't happen. Only that with the conditions the way they are you can find no way to prove it did happen, yet taking the fact that conditions change into consideration, you can not prove the flood didn't happen.

I am a goddess.

Now prove me wrong. I'll be waiting.

Well what would you call a goddess? Like the going def? let's say you mean by the going def. What do you attribute that you have that any other woman doesn't have?
(11-12-2017 04:55 PM)Amememhab Wrote:  
(11-12-2017 02:53 PM)Brother Gerald Wrote:  I would think that is where the Torah mentions the sons of God who married the daughters of men, having children who became of old, men of renown. Their knowledge would be great because the fallen angels taught many of the secrets of Heaven as one writer put it, yet the secrets they knew were worthless according to God...

So we did have men of renown (Genesis 6:4), of tall stature. Yet I don’t recall Genesis pegging Noah at 132in; why, the ruler on the doctor’s office scale goes only to 80, and the nurse will never get his height unless she stands on a ladder, using a carpenter’s tape measure! Instead, it seems the bible described Noah as a righteous man. And to be righteous, you need not be tall.

I can imagine a wizened Noah, age 824 with another 126 to go, looking up at his three strapping sons with love in his eyes, as they reminisce around the campfire about the day 223 years past when the family finally alighted from the Ark to kiss dry land again. Although I don’t know how long Shem, Ham and Japheth lived, and with lifespans rapidly contracting in each generation, some children might have predeceased their parents. At any rate, although I’ve reserved judgment on those longevity figures, I see no basis for thinking them other than part of the story. Noah looks the more impressive the older he is. Given righteousness can bless a soul at age 20, enormous lifespan isn’t necessary for the key Noachic trait the bible records: Noah’s sense of right and wrong, his conscious contact with God.

I respect your zeal for Christ, Brother Gerald. I’ve been hard on you about the Ark only because it bears the fingerprints of classic literature, alongside Hemingway in The Old Man and the Sea. God, as I understand him, has no urges to showboat his power. He has nothing to prove to us. But he can twinkle a Mesopotamian heart into making a local hydraulic disaster into a flood story in which values God wants to teach us: faith, even temperament, endurance amid hardship, can be inserted to educate the first audiences hearing that story. It’s 4000 years extant now.

And yeah. Mere secrets, and patient faith, are worlds apart.
~ Wink

(11-12-2017 03:17 PM)Herminator Wrote:  
(11-12-2017 11:09 AM)Visqueen Wrote:  I can't even lock this thread, something very weird going on. To all posters - please consider this thread closed.
Important bits balded and highlighted for those that are visually challenged Big Grin

Yup. The Queen is shelling the Bismarck, but she won’t sink!
~ Big Grin

(11-12-2017 12:52 PM)Herminator Wrote:  God made titanium especially for the Ark!

And I suppose he made plutonium especially for the Fat Man bomb.

(11-12-2017 03:24 PM)Brother Gerald Wrote:  
’Amememhab’ Wrote:To draw his conclusions, Dr. Snow drew a map of the cholera cases, noting that they concentrated around the Broad Street pump...The ultimate in toilet-to-tap, I would say.

I’d say Dr. Snow left lives spared a death by cholera. God never forbade us use of our minds.
~ Angel

Yes, by using what God has given to us, we can be of help to others. Yet sometimes we find that theories are correct. Sometimes not.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Noah's Ark Brother Gerald 626 8,910 11-14-2017 11:26 PM
Last Post: Tas-10
  How do the Religious Explain Noah's Ark? Secular Hobbit 67 13,894 10-21-2017 12:31 PM
Last Post: Jayhawker Soule
  Egyptians? The Ark? IMtM 45 5,669 06-30-2010 08:59 AM
Last Post: kevlar

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)