Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
OXIDATION IN THE BLOOD
12-03-2009, 05:39 AM
OXIDATION IN THE BLOOD
No indeed! Rather what they have earned has rusted up their hearts. (Surat al-Mutaffifin, 14)

The term ‘rusted’ used to describe hearts in verse of Surat al-Mutaffifin may be a reference to biochemical reaction that takes place in the heart. (Allah knows the truth.) Rust is the result of iron reacting with oxygen – oxidation. The oxygen we absorb from the air is carried through the body thanks to the iron in the hemoglobin in the blood. During this process, the oxygen reacts with the iron in the blood. This means there is a constant process resembling rusting in the blood in the human body, and therefore in the heart, the center of the circulation system.

An excess of iron in the blood can even lead to premature aging in all the body’s cells by causing rust-like oxidation. i In the disease known as ‘hemochromatosis,’ caused by excess iron accumulating in the body, iron produces a toxic effect and causes organs such as the liver to collapse. Since this is the result of iron oxidation, this phenomenon is often described as organs ‘rusting’ or ‘rust accumulation’ in organs. ii In the journal Science News Dr. Sharon McDonnell describes the iron oxidation in cells making up organs as ‘rusting’. iii

[Image: bebekler.jpg]

Another reference says this about the disease: “…those with hemochromatosis absorb iron, storing it in their organs. Over time, it accumulates in toxic amounts, causing organs to fail because they literally rust.” iv

It is only possible to identify the reaction of iron with oxygen in the body – oxidation in the blood – in laboratories with highly advanced equipment. The fact that such a comparison, so compatible with the scientific data, appears in the Qur’an is an evident miracle, given the time when the Qur’an was revealed. The fact that the Qur’an also contains countless other pieces of information all in agreement with modern science is another sign that it is the revelation of Omniscient Allah, our Lord and the Creator of all things.

i E. Griffiths, Iron and Infection, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1987, pp. 1-25; http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig/sardi10.html
ii Jane E. Brody, The New York Times, "Personal Health", 5 March 1997.
iii Kathleen Fackelmann, Science News, "Rusty origins: researchers identify the gene for iron-overload disease - hereditary hemochromatosis", 18 January 1997.
iv Deborah Weisberg, Post Gazette, "New center treats victims of chronic iron poisoning", 10 November 1998; http://www.post-gazette.com/healthscienc...0hemo1.asp

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2009, 05:49 AM
RE: OXIDATION IN THE BLOOD
That would be startling if yours were the only one that refers to blood rusting. Vodou calls it Bondye's rouye.
12-03-2009, 09:23 AM
This is actually a classic incident of quote-mining. It takes a small quote out of its context, and pretends it means something else (this is precisely the method used to "prove" that Einstein was a Christian, for instance.)

It is disingenuous at best. The truth, of course, is that it is a lie. A form of deliberate lying, and deliberate attempt to mislead.

The passage involved has nothing whatsoever to do with actual rusting in the blood. It has to do with those people (like me) who claim the Quran is not true, and is merely "words from the ancients". To those people, the verses of the Quran rust in the heart. That is, they do nothing. They sit idle, and like metal, will rust.

If you pretend that this verse is being scientifically accurate, you must also allow that the rust is come from the verses of the Quran. Thus the verses of the Quran somehow take physical form, enter our hearts, and rust there. So the Quran is completely wrong! Who would ever believe such a silly thing.

No, it's best for you if you take this passage as the metaphor it was so very obviously intended as, and stop trying to quote mine scientific fact from an ancient book.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
12-03-2009, 12:13 PM
It is most likely just a metaphor. Rusting=deterioration (as in rusting metal, which they could observe, not iron in blood)It seems to me that it is just saying that their heart is damaged, meaning they are a cruel person.

Besides, if Allah wanted to prove futuristic knowlege, the it would be more clear and frequent.

The person that is truly happy is not the one who gets everything they want, but the one who learns to be happy with what they have.
12-03-2009, 12:46 PM
As I have said before, can someone extract from the Qur'an a definite and precise scientific statement that has not yet been checked for accuracy? If this could be done, and if the statement were then verified scientifically and in detail, it would really mean something. But vague and strained correlations after the fact are unimpressive. If this is all that can be offered, it seems to me to be more harmful than helpful.
12-04-2009, 01:36 AM
And do not forget that the Qur'an fourteen centuries
However contains the facts of modern scientific
12-04-2009, 03:41 PM
No, they don't. It's all misquotes, quote mining, and downright fraud.

Stop claiming the Quran predicts modern science. It doesn't. There have been many, many threads on this list where muslims have claimed exactly that, and each time it has been shown how the verses are metaphorical, talking about something else, or are simply inaccurate.

To consider insisting on this just makes you look foolish.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
12-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Let’s look at this in context.

Quote:11 Those who deny the Day of Judgment
12 Which none denieth save each criminal transgressor,
13 Who, when thou readest unto him Our revelations, saith: (Mere) fables of the men of old.
14 Nay, but that which they have earned is rust upon their hearts.
15 Nay, but surely on that day they will be covered from (the mercy of) their Lord.
16 Then lo! they verily will burn in hell,

http://www.sacred-texts.com/isl/pick/083.htm

Quote: Get Tested for Hemochromatosis
Are you at risk?

1 in 200 individuals of European ancestry are at risk

http://www.hemochromatosisdna.com/index....n=__NONE__

If the reference is to Hemochromatosis as claimed, then it appears that very, very few people of European ancestry are at risk of burning in hell. Isn’t that interesting?

Or maybe the reference is not a 'scientific' one at all but a moral one, referring to the idea of a future judgment to reward the good and punish the bad, an idea which appears in all of the Abrahamic religions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Blood Sacrifice kevlar 0 388 01-17-2012 08:41 AM
Last Post: kevlar
  Rare AB- Blood Types All Prayer Requests 9 2,709 04-25-2011 06:11 AM
Last Post: For the love of god
  and the Moon shall turn to blood... biomystic 25 3,065 12-21-2010 02:49 PM
Last Post: EqualAtheist

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)