Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ok, So what if there is a God, why should we care?
04-30-2011, 12:31 AM
Ok, So what if there is a God, why should we care?
OK so let just say I believe in him, it, her or whatever you want to call this thing everyone calls God...Who cares, and why should we? It not like he(note I am only using he because it seem the most common) cares...

He makes up all sort of rules to follow yet he never gives us a reason to do so...plus there are times when he, himself breaks the rules.

He want us to be pure, and innocence...well what about those us who aren't? What about those of us who had there purity and innocence taken from them? or maybe they gave it away with out realizing what is was they were getting themselves into? Or perphs they didn't know they need to fight for it?

He say we shouldn't be afraid because he's going to take care of us; protect us? Really I don't see him doing a whole hell of a lot of protecting. What about the children who cry themselves to sleep evey night because there parent scream at them, throw things at them, make them feel worthless, like their nothing, hurt them; where is he then? They pray please god make it stop..but he does nothing...

Does he even care, or are we just some experiment that went wrong? Not only that but how can he expect us to be pure, innocence, and good when everything around us is in chaos, our innocence is being rob, taken, destroy before we even know what it is...How can he expect us to know good from evil when the lines are all blurred together?

He supposed to be the hand that guide us...well, he doesn't seem to do a whole lot of guiding in fact we pretty much stumble around in the dark and have to draw are own conclusions.

Not only that but there are some us who can see, hear, feel, sense things not of this world...He doesn't talk about that, yet he made us this way...Every where we are made to feel evil, wrong, a sin...But we didn't ask to be this way, we did ask to see things...Other say it just the devil tempting us and if we ignore it will go away...hmmmm tried that failed...

So tell me...why should we care...What the purpose it doesn't do us any good...it doesn't make anything better. Doesn't fix it or make it right...doesn't do a dam thing..Hope they say...I'm sorry to say it but I'd much rather count on myself, then a god who's never done a damn thing for anyone. Tell me why should I care?

Beside some us, our damaged goods...not like we had a say in or anything...some us even cried out to this God, and received nothing....
What he want with us, he never cared before so why should we?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2011, 05:15 AM
RE: Ok, So what if there is a God, why should we care?
(04-30-2011 12:31 AM)Jamais Wrote:  OK so let just say I believe in him, it, her or whatever you want to call this thing everyone calls God...Who cares, and why should we? It not like he(note I am only using he because it seem the most common) cares...

He makes up all sort of rules to follow yet he never gives us a reason to do so...plus there are times when he, himself breaks the rules.

He want us to be pure, and innocence...well what about those us who aren't? What about those of us who had there purity and innocence taken from them? or maybe they gave it away with out realizing what is was they were getting themselves into? Or perphs they didn't know they need to fight for it?

He say we shouldn't be afraid because he's going to take care of us; protect us? Really I don't see him doing a whole hell of a lot of protecting. What about the children who cry themselves to sleep evey night because there parent scream at them, throw things at them, make them feel worthless, like their nothing, hurt them; where is he then? They pray please god make it stop..but he does nothing...

Does he even care, or are we just some experiment that went wrong? Not only that but how can he expect us to be pure, innocence, and good when everything around us is in chaos, our innocence is being rob, taken, destroy before we even know what it is...How can he expect us to know good from evil when the lines are all blurred together?

He supposed to be the hand that guide us...well, he doesn't seem to do a whole lot of guiding in fact we pretty much stumble around in the dark and have to draw are own conclusions.

Not only that but there are some us who can see, hear, feel, sense things not of this world...He doesn't talk about that, yet he made us this way...Every where we are made to feel evil, wrong, a sin...But we didn't ask to be this way, we did ask to see things...Other say it just the devil tempting us and if we ignore it will go away...hmmmm tried that failed...

So tell me...why should we care...What the purpose it doesn't do us any good...it doesn't make anything better. Doesn't fix it or make it right...doesn't do a dam thing..Hope they say...I'm sorry to say it but I'd much rather count on myself, then a god who's never done a damn thing for anyone. Tell me why should I care?

Beside some us, our damaged goods...not like we had a say in or anything...some us even cried out to this God, and received nothing....
What he want with us, he never cared before so why should we?

Would you like to know the answers to your questions, or are they rhetorical?

For I well know the thoughts that I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not of calamity, to give you a future and a hope.- Jeremiah 29:11
04-30-2011, 05:20 AM
(04-30-2011 12:31 AM)Jamais Wrote:  So tell me...why should we care...What the purpose it doesn't do us any good...it doesn't make anything better. Doesn't fix it or make it right...doesn't do a dam thing..

No, that's not true.

If somebody imprisons and tortures you, for example, they are transgressing! They will regret that at some time in the future .. just because Almighty God might not have intervened and stopped them, does not mean that you should turn away from Him, and have an attitude as "if you can't beat them, join them"

The righteous will inherit the earth .. paradise earth .. let anybody who wishes to be successful have patience, and understand that God indeed listens to the one who cries to Him for help, and they will be helped eventually, FOR SURE!

The most valuable thing that somebody can possess in this life is religious knowledge .. it's worth more than all the gold in the world! The only thing that we take with us at the time of death is our souls (righteous or otherwise), and our record of deeds ( rather like Eammon Andrews "This is your life" book in detail )
04-30-2011, 06:31 AM
Not all theists feel this way, and not all religions work this way. Your main point seems to be against monotheistic, Abrahamic religions, am I correct?

If you wish though, I can give my opinion. I just don't want to take your thread off topic if you're looking for monotheist's opinions.
04-30-2011, 12:08 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2011 12:10 PM by Jamais.)
(04-30-2011 06:31 AM)Aingeal Wrote:  Not all theists feel this way, and not all religions work this way. Your main point seems to be against monotheistic, Abrahamic religions, am I correct?

If you wish though, I can give my opinion. I just don't want to take your thread off topic if you're looking for monotheist's opinions.

I'm not sure what you mean my monotheist??? In turth I'm simply fed up with people trying to force me to believe in a god that in my opinion abandoned me, and now I'm not even sure if there is anything left in me that still good. So sure tell what you believe....

Would you like to know the answers to your questions, or are they rhetorical?

[/quote]
Yeah that kind of the reason I posted this form in the first place to understand why?
04-30-2011, 02:09 PM
Quote:I'm not sure what you mean my monotheist??? In turth I'm simply fed up with people trying to force me to believe in a god that in my opinion abandoned me, and now I'm not even sure if there is anything left in me that still good. So sure tell what you believe....

Monotheistic. Mono = one. Theist = Believing in God

Monotheist = One who believes in only one god.

Quote:he(note I am only using he because it seem the most common) cares...

How can you tell?

Quote:He makes up all sort of rules to follow yet he never gives us a reason to do so...plus there are times when he, himself breaks the rules.

Skipping this because it doesn't really happen in my religion.

Quote:.well what about those us who aren't? What about those of us who had there purity and innocence taken from them?

Been there, in the worst way myself. You have to realise, though, that not all "purity" and/or innocence is by any means sexual. Even someone like a prostitute can be innocent if they haven't committed a crime. This isn't a slasher film, where you die for having sex, especially if it was against your will.

Quote:He say we shouldn't be afraid because he's going to take care of us; protect us? Really I don't see him doing a whole hell of a lot of protecting. What about the children who cry themselves to sleep evey night because there parent scream at them, throw things at them, make them feel worthless, like their nothing, hurt them; where is he then? They pray please god make it stop..but he does nothing...

Not my particular situation, though I do know of it. Here comes in the polytheistic bit -- if the gods aren't all powerful then it isn't "they do nothing." And we can't know what worse things might have happened if it was stopped.

Quote:Does he even care, or are we just some experiment that went wrong? Not only that but how can he expect us to be pure, innocence, and good when everything around us is in chaos, our innocence is being rob, taken, destroy before we even know what it is...How can he expect us to know good from evil when the lines are all blurred together?

God, I am so glad my religion doesn't seem to put so much on purity as whatever you were raised in seems to do. As long as you have honour and survive the best you can, and do what you feel is right.

Quote:He supposed to be the hand that guide us...well, he doesn't seem to do a whole lot of guiding in fact we pretty much stumble around in the dark and have to draw are own conclusions.

How can you tell? Let me point out here that for 'stumbling around in the dark' is how we grow.

Quote:Not only that but there are some us who can see, hear, feel, sense things not of this world...He doesn't talk about that, yet he made us this way...Every where we are made to feel evil, wrong, a sin...But we didn't ask to be this way, we did ask to see things...Other say it just the devil tempting us and if we ignore it will go away...hmmmm tried that failed...

If you're talking about the Christian God, he does talk abut the gift of prophesy, as well as the gift of rongues, and talks about the apostles being able to see things not of this world.

Other religions, well hell, most of them have their own magical systems, including Christianity.

Quote:What the purpose it doesn't do us any good

Just because something doesn't do you any good that you can see doesn't mean there isn't, or it doesn't benefit others.

Quote:Doesn't fix it or make it right

For whom? And how do you know? How do you know it hasn't made you a better person, whatever 'it' is?

Quote:'m sorry to say it but I'd much rather count on myself, then a god who's never done a damn thing for anyone.

'A damn thing for anyone?' Well, gee, I don't know, I think smacking the crap out of me to get me out of my eating disorder as 'helping me.' I think making me accept myself as who I am rather than trying to 'fix' myself through more vomit therapy or electroshock as 'helping me.' I also consider warning me before my grandfather's death to be 'helping me.'

Quote:Beside some us, our damaged goods...not like we had a say in or anything...some us even cried out to this God, and received nothing....

How do you know? Again, I've had a [censored] life, all things considered. And I have a very short life to look forward too. I have to try and cram as much as I can into the next ten years, but I wouldn't change a bit of the gobshite that's happened to me, because otherwise I wouldn't be me, and I'd be someone I probably wouldn't like very much. I like who I am (mostly) nd even when I didn't, I realise the kind of person I could be.

Quote:What he want with us, he never cared before so why should we?

Again, how do you know? Great Expectations, my friend. Pip thinks the old convict doesn't care/is a horrible person, and yet he's behind him, supporting him through the second half of the novel.
05-01-2011, 01:27 AM
The fact is god is still and abstract figure, afterlife is an abstract concept. As a person approaches death due to old age or long sickness, they seem to to get closer to what is ahead of them, not nothingness but some form of continuity.
I worked out the mechanics of telepathy, so far the only way to communicate with god. Everybody has it, but in a busy life few can pay attention to it. When you are laid up in a hospital bed facing death, you do pay attention.
Learning telepathy is like learning another language. Once mastered it open new and amezing windows to communication here, to life beyond death, you can learn who god really is, what he does or does not.
I do not think any of you here debating is really interested, it is more fun just to kick the ball around. I was interested. I got my answers. It starts with asking questions then proceed step by step.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-01-2011, 02:08 AM
I have a question - can you communicate telepathically with me?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Care to convert me? zombdi 0 452 08-09-2010 02:25 PM
Last Post: zombdi
  i dont care what you do smellycat 0 683 01-20-2009 05:51 PM
Last Post: smellycat
  Good day, lads. Care for a game? gentleman69 1 825 08-25-2008 03:01 PM
Last Post: God Rocks

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)