Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Old miracle for the prophet Mohammed(moon split)
09-06-2008, 08:04 AM
Old miracle for the prophet Mohammed(moon split)
The wonders of the Qur’an never finishes. Allah(swt) said in the Holy Qur’an [41:53] ‘We will show them Our Signs in the universe, and in their own selves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (the Qur’an) is the truth. Is it not sufficient in regard to your Lord that He is a Witness over all things?’ [54:1] ‘The Hour has drawn near, and the moon has been cleft asunder (the people of Makkah requested Prophet Muhammad to show them a miracle, so he showed them the splitting of the moon)’. The challenge was to split the moon in to two pieces when it is full.
The incident of the splitting of the moon that has been mentioned determines its period of revelation precisely.
The amazing and wonderful phenomenon of the splitting of the Moon when it was full was a manifest sign of the truth that the Resurrection, of which the Prophet was giving them the news, could take place and that it had approached near at hand.
The great sphere of the Moon had split into two distinct parts in front of their very eyes. The two parts had separated and receded so much apart from each other that to the on-lookers one part had appeared on one side of the mountain and the other on the other side of it. Then in an instant the two had rejoined. This was a manifest proof of the truth that the system of the Universe was neither eternal nor immortal it could be disrupted.
David Mosa Pidcook (leader on British Muslim Party) said: It was shown in BBC a program where there was a debate between three experts. The discussion was about if the amount of money paid by NASA to send a human to land on the surface of the moon to study the inner structure of the moon was worth it or not?? The American government authorised a budget of $100, 000, 000, 000 (one hundred thousand million dollar) for this project. One of the discoveries of that project was that there is a layer of material that splits the moon into two halves and the only explanation to this discovery that the moon was split at some times in its history and rejoined !!
For Now i will give you a pic of moon taken by Apollo-10. See it and give your comments.and the site for NASA vidio:-
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/303737/moo...from_nasa/
[Image: 304727677_737e78e39f.jpg?v=0]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-17-2010, 08:53 PM
RE: Old miracle for the prophet Mohammed(moon split)
(09-06-2008 08:04 AM)sesame Wrote:  The wonders of the Qur’an never finishes. Allah(swt) said in the Holy Qur’an [41:53] ‘We will show them Our Signs in the universe, and in their own selves, until it becomes manifest to them that this (the Qur’an) is the truth. Is it not sufficient in regard to your Lord that He is a Witness over all things?’ [54:1] ‘The Hour has drawn near, and the moon has been cleft asunder (the people of Makkah requested Prophet Muhammad to show them a miracle, so he showed them the splitting of the moon)’. The challenge was to split the moon in to two pieces when it is full.
Sad
I am sure the majority of muslems are reasonable, hard working sane people, but then there is always a small minority like yourself with the heads stuck up in the clouds. Let me ask you one question genius: "Who pays your food and rent? Is it your mother working as a cleaning woman?"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-17-2010, 09:06 PM
This is very interesting. Thanks for sharing it.
09-18-2010, 10:30 AM
I thought "up in the clouds" was far more subtle than I could ever manage..............Huzzah. Smile

????????????????
09-18-2010, 03:05 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2010 03:06 PM by biomystic.)
"‘The Hour has drawn near, and the moon has been cleft asunder (the people of Makkah requested Prophet Muhammad to show them a miracle, so he showed them the splitting of the moon)’. The challenge was to split the moon in to two pieces when it is full."

Did Muhammad then show them the moon split in two pieces when it was full? Not if he was dead and buried for 1400 centuries. He isn't here to show anyone anything. And the moon is intact now, no one has shown it being split in two because no one was around then and besides, the bigger news was the moon being born from an asteroid impact with earth, i.e., the splitting of earth into two pieces.
09-18-2010, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 09-18-2010 11:06 PM by peaceful1.)
Dear sesame,

I believe that God could split the moon, however --

The photo does not show a split in the moon. There are a lot of strange marks on the moon. Even on the metacafe.com website you mentioned, you can see a comment posted by a fellow muslim named i am a muslim who wrote, "This photo is a joke."

I went to the NASA website
http://lunarscience.arc.nasa.gov/ask-browse

and it says:

Q: Was the moon split into two parts at a certain time?

A: I'm not sure what you're referring to, but the current theory is that the Moon is the result of a collision with early Earth and a Mars-sized planetessimal. Early on when the earth was completely molten, the heavier elements (iron, etc) were falling to the center of the Earth leaving behind a less-dense outer layer/crust. When the collision happened, it ripped off that outer most layer and was flung out into orbit around Earth and eventually came together to form our Moon. This is the predominant theory behind why the Moon has an overall lower density than that of the Earth. So while it is not possible to "split" the Moon into two parts and reassemble it, it is the result of two bodies colliding with one another!

Q: You've already answered this question in August 2009 but I'd like to go into more detail. A certain website claims that Allah split the Moon in two at the request of the Prophet Mohammed and that there is a split on the Moon documented by American scientists that goes right around it which is evidence of the miracle. Is there any truth to any of these claims [that the moon was split in two]?

A: My recommendation is to not believe everything you read on the internet. Peer-reviewed papers are the only scientifically valid sources of information out there. No current scientific evidence reports that the Moon was split into two (or more) parts and then reassembled at any point in the past.

So, the NASA website says there is no current evidence that the moon was split. If you have a link to a scientific paper or other reliable source, please post it.
09-19-2010, 08:41 AM
(09-18-2010 10:51 PM)peaceful1 Wrote:  Dear sesame,

I believe that God could split the moon, however --

The photo does not show a split in the moon. There are a lot of strange marks on the moon. Even on the metacafe.com website you mentioned, you can see a comment posted by a fellow muslim named i am a muslim who wrote, "This photo is a joke."

I went to the NASA website
http://lunarscience.arc.nasa.gov/ask-browse

and it says:

Q: Was the moon split into two parts at a certain time?

A: I'm not sure what you're referring to, but the current theory is that the Moon is the result of a collision with early Earth and a Mars-sized planetessimal. Early on when the earth was completely molten, the heavier elements (iron, etc) were falling to the center of the Earth leaving behind a less-dense outer layer/crust. When the collision happened, it ripped off that outer most layer and was flung out into orbit around Earth and eventually came together to form our Moon. This is the predominant theory behind why the Moon has an overall lower density than that of the Earth. So while it is not possible to "split" the Moon into two parts and reassemble it, it is the result of two bodies colliding with one another!

Q: You've already answered this question in August 2009 but I'd like to go into more detail. A certain website claims that Allah split the Moon in two at the request of the Prophet Mohammed and that there is a split on the Moon documented by American scientists that goes right around it which is evidence of the miracle. Is there any truth to any of these claims [that the moon was split in two]?

A: My recommendation is to not believe everything you read on the internet. Peer-reviewed papers are the only scientifically valid sources of information out there. No current scientific evidence reports that the Moon was split into two (or more) parts and then reassembled at any point in the past.

So, the NASA website says there is no current evidence that the moon was split. If you have a link to a scientific paper or other reliable source, please post it.

Thanks for posting the nasa site. Idk if you ll get a response from sesame because this thread is 2 years old but we ll see if some of the other muslims have any info on it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What qualifies as a miracle? Jon 25 1,498 06-29-2016 08:24 AM
Last Post: Herminator
  Original Sin Discussion [Split] Clementine 59 3,417 10-25-2014 05:42 AM
Last Post: Duffitwine
  Miracle or no? EqualAtheist 6 662 02-15-2012 03:42 PM
Last Post: Visqueen
  Which does the moon orbit, the chicken or the egg? jm44 1 468 03-21-2011 11:12 AM
Last Post: kevlar
  and the Moon shall turn to blood... biomystic 25 2,937 12-21-2010 02:49 PM
Last Post: EqualAtheist
  Mohammed VS Jesus Christ ChristIsKing 41 4,753 10-28-2010 08:41 AM
Last Post: kevlar
  Was Mohammed a liar? vonason 2 1,465 03-26-2010 02:33 PM
Last Post: hillbilly
  The fate of the moon in the Holy Quran and science abd allah 10 1,657 01-15-2010 04:05 AM
Last Post: Phill
  cleavage in moon and The Holy Quran...very important abd allah 2 1,583 12-24-2009 11:45 PM
Last Post: MerryAtheist
  mohammed truth smellycat 2 659 01-28-2009 04:15 AM
Last Post: Pilgrim

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)