Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
On Suffering and The Plea for Spirituality
05-09-2011, 03:33 AM
On Suffering and The Plea for Spirituality
To me the problem is that people see the horrors and atrocities in the world and they treat them as if they matter, as if they are real things. That is the problem! Most of you may read this and feel that I am preaching misanthrope. No! Not at all. Wake up! For century upon century we have had wars and laws and treaties and alliances and creeds and peacetimes and religions and codes and ethics and well-meanings, but NONE OF THESE HAVE WORKED! If they had, we wouldn't have the mass suffering that we do today. I believe that each of us has an inherent divinity, and to feel such in your heart entails looking at other people and saying, "I am He!", "That is me!", "Thou art That!". If we wish to solve the problems of the world then a different kind of change needs to be instituted. Rather than creating stagnant, a priori doctrines and maxims, every person needs to enact a change within themselves; viz., in their perspective. Stop looking for the solution from the Egocentric vantage. It is because the Ego tells us that THIS is real, and we believe it, that the problems arise. We must step away from this lie of the Ego. It is like being in a dark room and then stepping out into the bright Sun. We are now in the dark room, it is where we are and what we know. To step out of that room would be a great struggle; an enormous, scary change. And even if we do manage to step out of the dark room, the bright, radiant light of the Sun will be distressing to our eyes. Yes, it will be painful at first, this stepping out of the Egocentric life that we have become so enthralled with. But as we gradually become accustomed to the light, we will see that the light is NOT the bad thing that it at first appeared to be. In fact, things are much more clearer in the light of the Sun than ever they were in the dark room. Therefore, Wake Up! The dark room is not the solution. Centuries of human suffering have shown us that. Wake Up!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2011, 05:10 PM
RE: On Suffering and The Plea for Spirituality
I must confess, all of this is but the outcome of Jnana Yoga. Yefet, do you still see God in memory?
05-10-2011, 09:52 AM
How can one desire a pleasure without a memory of that pleasure?
I would not desire a thingamajig without prior knowledge of the pleasure it brings
So the reshimo of god is basically all there is
05-10-2011, 10:03 AM (This post was last modified: 05-10-2011 12:44 PM by IMtM.)
A colleague of mine once said that you can either have God or have knowledge of God, but you can't have both as the one precludes the other. The goal of Jnana Yoga is the act of utilizing knowledge (Jnana) to effectively transcend itself, allowing for direct apprehension of Godhead. Yefet, a lot of the things you say about Kabbalah remind me very much of Yoga. Perhaps they are one and the same with but varying terminologies?

[edit]
@Yefet
I just wanted to say that the first sentence in this post was not directed at you or your beliefs. The purpose was to see if you had anything to say about the guy's statement. If it came across as an objectionable comment toward yourself I most humbly and sincerely apologize.

Namaste
05-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Yefet, I just really, really get this sense that I offended you. My words certainly are offensive in my last post. Man, I apologize. The opportunity for me to talk to you, a real, actual, live Kabbalist, is like some young guitarist getting the chance to jam with Jimmy Page. I mean, for me, you are just an awesome person. And I have a way about me that sometimes tends to alienate people who I don't wish to alienate, and in that respect I so apologize. I just hope that maybe we can talk Kabbalah again.

Peace to you man. Peace to you and all of those you care about and all of which you love.
Peace.
05-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Not at all IMtM, I have been having health issues,was hoping to get the all clear today to return to work, but looks like its going to be longer than I had expected.
Please excuse me if my responses are a little wacky as treatments leave me a little foggy.(at least for 24 HRS)
I owe Bio an apology for misreading a word,I should probably refrain from posting until the treatments over,I am starting to make as much sense as a congressman, but I will be reading everyday.
05-11-2011, 10:22 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2011 10:23 PM by IMtM.)
(05-11-2011 10:07 PM)Yefet Wrote:  Not at all IMtM, I have been having health issues,was hoping to get the all clear today to return to work, but looks like its going to be longer than I had expected.
Please excuse me if my responses are a little wacky as treatments leave me a little foggy.(at least for 24 HRS)
I owe Bio an apology for misreading a word,I should probably refrain from posting until the treatments over,I am starting to make as much sense as a congressman, but I will be reading everyday.
I was WRONG!? Yay!!!!! Tongue

Yefet, you take care of yourself.

Namaste
07-24-2011, 08:21 AM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2011 08:27 AM by IMtM.)
A lot of people on this site have been sending me PMs lately, asking me what the goal of spirituality is. OK OK, no one has sent me any PMs. I'm just saying that to feed my grandiose narcissism. Formalities aside... Quite simply, the "aim" of spirituality is to attain "the consciousness of the continuity of existence." Myself, religions, and a score of others have fumbled with the words and wording of this simple statement, saying things like "we are all one in God" and similar sentiments. The thing is, we must take God out of the equation altogether. If one achieves this consciousness and decides to call the result God, so be it. But a formulation of a God in any way, shape or form is absolutely unnecessary. How does one attain to this realization? Through Yoga, magick, religion, metaphysics, psychology, quantum physics, chemistry, etc.. Many are the paths, but the goal is one. And I mean "one" in the most literal sense.

"The consciousness of the continuity of existence." Makes me think much more of physics than religion.

"The consciousness of the continuity of existence." Makes me think much more of religion than science.

"The consciousness of the continuity of existence." Makes me think... It makes me think that I could keep going and going with this, but I won't. Myriad are the paths, but the goal is singular.

PS
And in this post I am not attempting to execrate God. I am merely saying that one does NOT NOT NOT need to believe in any God to be a spiritual person. Beyond this, take this post as you wish. Cheers.
07-24-2011, 04:24 PM
(05-11-2011 10:07 PM)Yefet Wrote:  I owe Bio an apology

Definitely not.
07-24-2011, 07:37 PM
(07-24-2011 04:24 PM)Painkiller Wrote:  
(05-11-2011 10:07 PM)Yefet Wrote:  I owe Bio an apology

Definitely not.

Absolutely, categorically not in any way shape or form.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)