Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
One
04-13-2009, 06:11 AM
One
Will it be possible in the future for Christians, Muslims, Buddhist ,and other religions to get along with one another?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-13-2009, 08:21 AM
RE: One
(04-13-2009 06:11 AM)George Wrote:  Will it be possible in the future for Christians, Muslims, Buddhist ,and other religions to get along with one another?

If you leave out the fundamentalists, for the most part they do get along. The Dalai Lama could refer to the last pope as his friend, but I doubt if he was thinking of converting to Catholicism, and I doubt if the Pope was thinking of becoming a Buddhist.
Find all posts by this user
04-13-2009, 11:23 AM
Get along? I'm not certain. I do have hopes of a future where humanity is sufficiently advanced to where violence and true intolerance are seen only as the options of madmen, but as long as you get people who believe two different things in a room together you will have debate and disagreement. And as long as those people think their religions are actually important you will have anger. But I do believe that one day it will stop there, and not turn into war or frivolous legislation.
04-13-2009, 06:23 PM (This post was last modified: 04-13-2009 06:31 PM by George.)
I hope so too^.

Does the name for one belief elude us?
10-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Never. Either they destroy each other altogether, or religion will die as an absurd shortcoming that kept humankind back for two millenniums or even longer.
10-17-2009, 09:41 AM
It is in human nature to argue. It is in human nature to find reason behind things. Put these two together and you have a religious argument. Until human nature changes, there will still be debate, and this includes religious debate. The topics will change, but the fundamentals will stay the same-we just can't all get on and agree.

Perhaps one day there will be undeniable proof of X being true, but there will still be some random person that denies it all-I still know people who deny that dinosaurs ever existed because of...the bible. In couple thousand years we may look back on Christian, Muslim etc etc etc ideas in the same way we look at ancient religions now. There will probably always be some small form of a God in society, even if it is just like pantheistic ideas. But I’m getting completely away from the original topic here...The point is that people are always going to argue, and even if one religion/belief set dies out, another will spring up.

The person that is truly happy is not the one who gets everything they want, but the one who learns to be happy with what they have.
10-17-2009, 09:42 PM
(04-13-2009 08:21 AM)Anglican Wrote:  
(04-13-2009 06:11 AM)George Wrote:  Will it be possible in the future for Christians, Muslims, Buddhist ,and other religions to get along with one another?
If you leave out the fundamentalists, for the most part they do get along.

I have to say that I agree with Anglican. Many religious people do tolerate each other, and it is mainly the fanatical that cause the problems. It is written into Islam that people of that faith should be accepting of other people of the book, and Christianity is hardly separate from Judaism. Hindus are pretty inclusive, and the original Sikh teaching is that there is only one God, and that there is no Hindu or Muslim.

It's largely when people get convinced that only they are right that problems occur; if everyone left each other alone to believe or not believe, then everyone would get along fine. Nice idea, but never going to happen. Sad
11-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Will it be possible in the future for Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, and other religions to get along with one another?

It depends.

If Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, and other religions agree to peacefully disagree and leave it at that, then they'll get along.

If Christians, Muslims, and Buddhists, and other religions attempt to violently force others into converting to their religion, then they'll not get along.

Every evening I turn my worries over to God.
He's going to be up all night anyway.
~Mary C. Crowley
11-07-2009, 03:37 AM

Yes, we will as long as we don't try to force our beliefs on each other!

"Hidden underneath the stoned cold surface of every Pious Person lays buried a Kinky Pervert, Stop bringing shovels, Where not digging!"-Azrael
11-07-2009, 07:13 AM
They should discuuss the common terms in the religions which each other follow, agree on those common-terms, and this may settle down a big portion of problem.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)