Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
One God One Gospel
04-10-2011, 01:48 PM
One God One Gospel
Catholic, Orthodox, Jehovah Witness, Mormon, Pentecostal, etc.
So many different sects and teachings.

Where can we find the true gospel? True Christianity?
First of all lets take a look what many "Christians" are doing and teaching.

Speaking in Tongues
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NZbQBajYnEc
Is this really God's Spirit? A language who no one understand, the only thing i can hear is restlessness.

To be drunk in Spirit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-1AVQLlJ...re=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pgFXRoR4ss
I was quite shocked, well i think you will be too.

Make image of God
Crucifixes are quite common among Christians, the Catholic and Orthodox love to decorate their churches with images and etc.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGTBFPte-MY
But what does God say to this?
Exodus 20:4) You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below.

I could go on and on, but this is going to be my last one, about the church in Thyatira (Revelation 2:18)
Even there, one of the first churches from Christ, wrong peoples taught wrong.
Rev 2:20) Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols. I have given her time to repent of her immorality, but she is unwilling.

Many sects and churches aren't teaching the truth about God. If you want to hear about God or to learn more about him, i tell you, you won't be always happy with what you find there. Quite many peoples get frustrated and see what is wrong, they rather live a live without God then to go back to such falseness. I can understand these former Christians.

The truth is that we have only One God One Gospel.
Everything is united by God. Those who believe Christ and haven't accept wrong teaching from men, will truly understand.

Colossians 2:2) My purpose is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ

John 12:46) I have come into the world as a light, so that no-one who believes in me should stay in darkness.

What do you think about the title: One God One Gospel?

Trust in God and not in what men says.
FRED
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2011, 03:38 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2011 03:41 PM by biomystic.)
RE: One God One Gospel
What God says and what men say are identical. There hasn't been a god yet whose left us his personal signature as author of any Scriptures known to human beings. Men wrote them, not God, but fallible men.
04-10-2011, 04:08 PM
In the words of Edward Current

Question: What denomination of Christianity is the true denomination?

Possible answers: One of any 3000 denominations.

Right Answer: If you said, my denomination, then you are correct.

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.
04-10-2011, 06:12 PM
(04-10-2011 03:38 PM)biomystic Wrote:  What God says and what men say are identical. There hasn't been a god yet whose left us his personal signature as author of any Scriptures known to human beings. Men wrote them, not God, but fallible men.
(04-10-2011 04:08 PM)EqualAtheist Wrote:  In the words of Edward Current

Jeremiah 17: 5, 7
This is what the LORD says:Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the LORD. But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him.

I opened this topic to discuss with Christians and believers, but not to discuss with Atheist whether God exist or not.
FRED
04-10-2011, 06:14 PM
Welcome to the forum Fred. I would suggest you understand what a discussion forum is all about. If you only wish to talk to those who agree with your point of view, there are Christian forums out there. Good luck with that though.

I would like to point out the words you are using though are the words of a man. I think his name was Jeremiah, but that could just be a mistake. So what does that tell you?

04-10-2011, 07:11 PM
And I am a Christian believer, fyi, (huff,huff..)
04-10-2011, 07:18 PM
Not to worry Bio, I think my Screen name was offensive to him. How dare an Atheist think he might be Equal......

04-11-2011, 11:10 AM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2011 01:02 PM by digipixel.)
(04-10-2011 06:12 PM)FRED Wrote:  
(04-10-2011 03:38 PM)biomystic Wrote:  What God says and what men say are identical. There hasn't been a god yet whose left us his personal signature as author of any Scriptures known to human beings. Men wrote them, not God, but fallible men.
(04-10-2011 04:08 PM)EqualAtheist Wrote:  In the words of Edward Current

Jeremiah 17: 5, 7
This is what the LORD says:Cursed is the one who trusts in man, who depends on flesh for his strength and whose heart turns away from the LORD. But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him.

I opened this topic to discuss with Christians and believers, but not to discuss with Atheist whether God exist or not.
FRED

@ FRED - I believe biomystic and EqualA are both correct.

Man wrote the Bible, every word. Divinely inspired or not, whatever man touches is tainted with social, political and religious agendas. Not to mention the bloated human ego that goes with each. I am not saying the Bible does not contain worthwhile information, but it should be applied to our lives with careful deliberation. Where man gets gummed up is when he attempts to interpret the Bible (or any other scripture) as an inerrant guide for living.

This is why Islam has such a PR problem. They say the Quran is the true and final word of God, but if it is taken literally and considered without error, then how are they (Muslims) to explain the verses that say it is okay to murder infidels. Some “moderate” Muslims say that those verses are not to be taken literally and they must be interpreted. Well, which is it? Is the Quran without error, or is it not? They can’t have it both ways.

Once again the same is true of the Bible. Biblical scripture has been used for centuries to justify slavery, hate, punishment, and persecution. I just don’t buy it.
04-11-2011, 02:22 PM
(04-11-2011 11:10 AM)digipixel Wrote:  @ FRED - I believe biomystic and EqualA are both correct.

Man wrote the Bible, every word. Divinely inspired or not, whatever man touches is tainted with social, political and religious agendas. Not to mention the bloated human ego that goes with each. I am not saying the Bible does not contain worthwhile information, but it should be applied to our lives with careful deliberation. Where man gets gummed up is when he attempts to interpret the Bible (or any other scripture) as an inerrant guide for living.

This is why Islam has such a PR problem. They say the Quran is the true and final word of God, but if it is taken literally and considered without error, then how are they (Muslims) to explain the verses that say it is okay to murder infidels. Some “moderate” Muslims say that those verses are not to be taken literally and they must be interpreted. Well, which is it? Is the Quran without error, or is it not? They can’t have it both ways.

Once again the same is true of the Bible. Biblical scripture has been used for centuries to justify slavery, hate, punishment, and persecution. I just don’t buy it.
We will never know if it is true or not, if we don't take a look and investigate.
From my first post you can see what many "Christians" are doing and about extreme Muslims i don't have to tell you (for you have your own opinion about both of these Christians and Muslims doings). My point is that we have only One God and One Gospel and God want us to know the truth, he will show it to you if you ask him.

Matthew 7:7-11
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Like i said before you will never know if you don't have experience it, so go on try it out, ask him to show you the truth, then you will know.

John 8:32) Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

FRED
04-11-2011, 02:54 PM
(04-11-2011 02:22 PM)FRED Wrote:  We will never know if it is true or not, if we don't take a look and investigate.
From my first post you can see what many "Christians" are doing and about extreme Muslims i don't have to tell you (for you have your own opinion about both of these Christians and Muslims doings). My point is that we have only One God and One Gospel and God want us to know the truth, he will show it to you if you ask him.

Matthew 7:7-11
Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. Which of you, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!

Like i said before you will never know if you don't have experience it, so go on try it out, ask him to show you the truth, then you will know.

John 8:32) Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.

FRED

You see FRED, the problem with this, is some of us have asked, and the door that was opened to us, led us to where we are. I asked for that door to be open for over 21 years, and the final result, so far, is what you have now. This is why you should no so easily dismiss people.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Paul's Gospel must be Accepted newnature 20 1,768 06-07-2013 05:29 AM
Last Post: flower50
  Gospel of Thomas monotheist 0 311 12-03-2011 05:50 AM
Last Post: monotheist
  Dig The Sixth Gospel czechwizard 5 972 11-01-2010 11:33 PM
Last Post: Sinlful Hypocrite
  Preaching the Last Gospel The Word 0 354 09-16-2010 07:29 AM
Last Post: The Word
  Preaching the Last Gospel The Word 51 4,793 08-15-2010 04:16 PM
Last Post: The Word
  The Gospel of Barnabas sesame 0 516 10-27-2008 08:35 AM
Last Post: sesame

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)