Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
One Part of God.....
05-23-2010, 11:02 PM
One Part of God.....
To me, one part of what God encompasses seems to be that of the "screen" the movies of thought are projected on. Belief and feeling directed toward what you're seeing (on that screen) causes things to manifest on the physical plane for you, especially if your belief is strong enough and the vision clear. Without the screen however, none of that would be possible. Without the capacity for thought and projection (another characteristic of God within each of us..), the physical world would not be perceived at all.. Just a quick thought on that one, from my perspective....
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-24-2010, 06:32 AM
RE: One Part of God.....
What we see is what we believe, according to you I felt that you have no faith in god or their super power. Its up to you, whether you believe in god or not, I have creed in their existence.
05-24-2010, 11:44 AM
The more I read threads like this, the more I come to realize that I simply no longer think like a believer. And that knowledge gives me immense satisfaction and happiness.

---------------
Not selling anything.
05-24-2010, 12:06 PM
If knowledge gives you immense satisfaction and happiness, then that is your God. I say go with what feels right and true..! The common thread here is that God is subjective, regardless of what the fundamentalists say.....
05-24-2010, 12:26 PM
Knowledge is a tool. Not a God.

Why must a person have any God at all? You seem to imply that everyone has their own God. But I disagree. Some of us do just fine living in a world without God(s).

Further, by suggesting that "God is subjective" I think you risk diluting the meaning of the word God so much that it means nothing at all. Lord. Father. Baseball. Beer. Pizza. If the word "God" can be any of these things, then the word has no meaning.

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for God being nothing, but the WORD itself must retain some minimal meaning, if only to make sensible any discussion of why it doesn't exist. Though, admittedly, believers themselves cannot seem to agree on the meaning of the word, which makes discussions difficult enough.

---------------
Not selling anything.
05-24-2010, 01:22 PM
(05-23-2010 11:02 PM)skyclad Wrote:  To me, one part of what God encompasses seems to be that of the "screen" the movies of thought are projected on. Belief and feeling directed toward what you're seeing (on that screen) causes things to manifest on the physical plane for you, especially if your belief is strong enough and the vision clear. Without the screen however, none of that would be possible. Without the capacity for thought and projection (another characteristic of God within each of us..), the physical world would not be perceived at all.. Just a quick thought on that one, from my perspective....

I believe the "screen" you refer to is the ego and the id (from psychoanalytic theory). The ego is built on the beliefs and feelings which we learn from our environment (parents, teachers, friends, pastors, priests, experience, peer pressure, etc). Once our ego begins to make some sense of the world based on what it has learned, the ego will cling to those beliefs until it is forced to change. If it does change, the change needs to make sense in order to preserve our ego and preserve our identity.

IMHO most religious beliefs are based on the ego, and at an instinctual level the id (our need to survive). Once our beliefs are learned, they are very difficult to change because they are rooted in a combination of both physical and spiritual fear - fear of death, fear of hell, damnation, separation from God, etc.
05-24-2010, 02:47 PM
05-24-2010, 07:03 PM
So God is whatever a person imagines God to be. In other words: God is imaginary.

I'm with you 100% on that.

---------------
Not selling anything.
05-24-2010, 11:01 PM
(05-24-2010 07:03 PM)MerryAtheist Wrote:  So God is whatever a person imagines God to be. In other words: God is imaginary.

here is a VERY GOOD video on god

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk6ILZAaAMI

:-)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-01-2010, 05:20 PM
(05-24-2010 11:01 PM)prdamico Wrote:  
(05-24-2010 07:03 PM)MerryAtheist Wrote:  So God is whatever a person imagines God to be. In other words: God is imaginary.

here is a VERY GOOD video on god

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk6ILZAaAMI

:-)
when did milk create the universe!!! , now that is a first .

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Problem With God (Part 3) J8H 9 2,241 08-06-2010 09:15 AM
Last Post: super.girl
  The Problem With God (Part 2) J8H 9 1,459 07-29-2010 07:23 PM
Last Post: CarolineBelle
  The Problems With God (Part 1) J8H 55 5,353 07-18-2010 01:08 PM
Last Post: Christian_Chris

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)