Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Open your Mind 3
07-07-2009, 03:23 AM
Open your Mind 3
I'm sure almost every human being heard the story of Adam and Eve. As we know that both adam and eve was banished from garden of eden for eating the forbidden fruit of knowledge. is this the reason why mankind can only use an average of 10% of their brain? how do we recover the other percents and what does it contain? the answer for me is buddhism, not to say you guys should convert to the religion but to use some of their theory as a tool. meditation is a key to reduce negative thoughts that fuels actions. (fruit of knowledge is symbolized as the desire of). because God works his wonders in many ways. why did God create many cultures and many popular world religion founders. i can only think the solution is to shake hands to mankind of all walks of life. isnt it a teaching from jesus to be friends with thy enemy and love your neighbor. thanks for reading. finding your answer is more important than mine.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2009, 12:10 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2009 07:25 PM by PatPar.)
RE: Open your Mind 3
We have the same practices within Christianity in both the Catholic and Orthodox church. - meditative prayer and contemplation. Hinduism and Judaism also include these practices. There is nothing new or mystical about Buddhism, unless you just want a religion that does not believe in God. Buddhism theology does contains some good additional information regarding our faults and problems.

From Wikipedia:
Illumination restores mankind to his pre-Knowledge of Good and evil state, of faith existent in God called noesis before mankind's consciousness and reality was changed by the Fall of Man. Where after illumination or theoria mankind in union with God, called theosis, can now properly discern (have Holy Wisdom) by having peace and union with God.

One may note that these practices within the Christian church are usually limited to those living a monastic life within the church. For others, particularly those who participate in mainstream life, additional info may be helpful or even needed. It is much easier to see the faults and emotions causing improper actions within ourselves with a better understanding of people.

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/discipleschrist/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Open your Mind 5 friendofafriend 21 3,137 10-05-2009 01:08 AM
Last Post: Azrael17
  Open your Mind 4 friendofafriend 8 1,690 07-10-2009 02:59 PM
Last Post: friendofafriend
  Open your Mind friendofafriend 17 2,679 07-10-2009 02:40 PM
  Open your Mind 2 friendofafriend 0 623 07-07-2009 03:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)