Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Open your Mind 4
07-08-2009, 04:54 AM
Open your Mind 4
what if one day a person like jesus stands out representing for God and says we have had a huge mistake on the teachings of jesus? and this person can do all the miracles that jesus had done to prove his role.. would this change your mind or you'll stick to your old ways?

just a what if question.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-08-2009, 09:40 AM
RE: Open your Mind 4
Well, if he can actually do miracles in a testable way, shown not to be a trick or an act, then I would certainly alter my views which say miracles are false. I would certainly pay careful attention to what the man said, since he obviously gets power from somewhere.

As for ultimately what I'd do, a lot of that depends on what he says.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
07-08-2009, 11:29 PM
(07-08-2009 09:40 AM)GTseng3 Wrote:  Well, if he can actually do miracles in a testable way, shown not to be a trick or an act, then I would certainly alter my views which say miracles are false. I would certainly pay careful attention to what the man said, since he obviously gets power from somewhere.

As for ultimately what I'd do, a lot of that depends on what he says.

sounds like only proof can alter your way of thought.
07-09-2009, 12:05 AM
Not necessarily proof. But evidence, yes. There does need to be evidence. And the evidence needs to be convincing enough to overcome the (currently) overwhelming evidence that there is no god.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
07-09-2009, 12:19 PM
(07-08-2009 04:54 AM)friendofafriend Wrote:  ...a huge mistake on the teachings of jesus...

That's a pretty big hypothetical. I don't think anyone can improve on the teaching of Jesus. Not to say that there hasn't been a number of folks during the past 2000 years who have tried...

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/ --- http://www.ntwrightpage.com/
07-09-2009, 03:08 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2009 03:09 PM by PatPar.)
(07-09-2009 12:19 PM)Stereophonic Wrote:  
(07-08-2009 04:54 AM)friendofafriend Wrote:  ...a huge mistake on the teachings of jesus...

That's a pretty big hypothetical. I don't think anyone can improve on the teaching of Jesus. Not to say that there hasn't been a number of folks during the past 2000 years who have tried...

I think he is referring to the interpretation, and not the actual teachings.

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/discipleschrist/
07-10-2009, 02:32 PM
true, evidence is very important i think. i mean if jesus returns how can we tell its him? what if he is our close friend? imagine you being james the brother of jesus back then... the emotions would be a roller coaster i think...
07-10-2009, 02:34 PM
That's another thing I never really got. Jesus makes a big deal saying a prophet is never welcome in his hometown. But Mary and James, at least, seemed to be huge supporters of him. So . . . seems like just a bit of whining.

But yeah, it's always harder when it's someone you know. You know them well, and you know all their flaws too. It's easier to follow someone from a distance, where you can't see their flaws.

07-10-2009, 02:59 PM
(07-10-2009 02:34 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  That's another thing I never really got. Jesus makes a big deal saying a prophet is never welcome in his hometown. But Mary and James, at least, seemed to be huge supporters of him. So . . . seems like just a bit of whining.

But yeah, it's always harder when it's someone you know. You know them well, and you know all their flaws too. It's easier to follow someone from a distance, where you can't see their flaws.

its a tough one... just like anyone out there would tend to believe a person with credibility. its hard to swallow advice on how to be financially rich from a person that's financially poor..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Open your Mind 5 friendofafriend 21 3,125 10-05-2009 01:08 AM
Last Post: Azrael17
  Open your Mind friendofafriend 17 2,665 07-10-2009 02:40 PM
Last Post: friendofafriend
  Open your Mind 3 friendofafriend 1 680 07-07-2009 12:10 PM
Last Post: PatPar
  Open your Mind 2 friendofafriend 0 615 07-07-2009 03:03 AM
Last Post: friendofafriend

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)