Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Open your Mind 5
07-10-2009, 02:52 PM
Open your Mind 5
If God has given you an ability to control the rain or wind, would you guys use this to prove to others or help the world? keep in mind that theirs the laws of cause and effect too... example, rain to put out forest fire but out of calculations it flooded homes near the forest.. lol

im asking this question because what do oneself consider themself or others consider him/her if oneself have this ability?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2009, 05:05 PM
RE: Open your Mind 5
Why not do both? If you really have this ability, it should be easy enough to demonstrate. Just give a list of times and the weather effects you are going to cause at those times. Run it by meteorologists to see which match predicted natural weather patterns, and which don't, then see what happens. If you have a 100% success rate with that, boom. You've just proven you have that ability. If you're using examples like bringing rain to areas with drought, you're helping people too.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
07-11-2009, 03:21 PM
(07-10-2009 05:05 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  Why not do both? If you really have this ability, it should be easy enough to demonstrate. Just give a list of times and the weather effects you are going to cause at those times. Run it by meteorologists to see which match predicted natural weather patterns, and which don't, then see what happens. If you have a 100% success rate with that, boom. You've just proven you have that ability. If you're using examples like bringing rain to areas with drought, you're helping people too.

now lets say the abilities are proven to be 100% real and accurate, should oneself consider it the gift of God? and if an atheist have the ability would he consider theirs higher power?

ultimately what oneself should consider him/her self or judged to be by others?
If i had the ability I certainly know how to use it for positive situations, i would be scared to get hanged like the witches cause accusations.
07-12-2009, 02:26 PM
Well, if someone demonstrated this ability, it would certainly be strong evidence. If I had this ability, I'd look at the way in which I got the ability, and then determine if it is from god. If the ability was granted to me by seven foot tall flaming angels, it's probably from some sort of higher power. If instead I spontaneously had this ability, its more nebulous. But it would be an interesting piece of evidence.

Just wondering, was there a point you wanted to make, or are we just wildly speculating here?

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
07-17-2009, 12:05 AM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2009 12:07 AM by Raphael.)
if god gave you the ability to reverse Entropy would you?

if god did not give you the ability to reverse Entropy would you try real hard to breach it?

if you belonged to a group of folks who believed there was no god then what?

namaste

NATURE cannot be HIDDEN only VEILeD with NARRATIVES that defy NATURE

CodeX4 and the Reconciliation of Science and Religion
http://kachina2012.wordpress.com/about/
07-18-2009, 09:00 AM
I'm not married to the idea of their being no god. That's just what I see from the facts before me. If suddenly god descends and gives me heavenly power, then guess what! There's probably a god! I would certainly re-evaluate my conclusions at that point.

I've said this many times, but no one seems to believe me. If I have any religion at all, it is to truth. I am obsessed with truth. I want to find truth wherever it is. I rigorously analyze my conclusions. I actually still read your posts, Raphael, in hopes of gleaning what few gems of truth you might have, despite the way you treat me. I go to great lengths to find the truth.

Thus far, that journey has brought me squarely to atheism. But I'm still following that path. There's plenty of christians who know me who are convinced, due to my dedication to the truth, that eventually I will become a christian. I happen to disagree with them as the truth doesn't seem to be leading me back to god, but away from such a concept, but it's not inconceivable.

08-18-2009, 10:39 PM
(07-18-2009 09:00 AM)GTseng3 Wrote:  I'm not married to the idea of their being no god. That's just what I see from the facts before me. If suddenly god descends and gives me heavenly power, then guess what! There's probably a god! I would certainly re-evaluate my conclusions at that point.

I've said this many times, but no one seems to believe me. If I have any religion at all, it is to truth. I am obsessed with truth. I want to find truth wherever it is. I rigorously analyze my conclusions. I actually still read your posts, Raphael, in hopes of gleaning what few gems of truth you might have, despite the way you treat me. I go to great lengths to find the truth.

Thus far, that journey has brought me squarely to atheism. But I'm still following that path. There's plenty of christians who know me who are convinced, due to my dedication to the truth, that eventually I will become a christian. I happen to disagree with them as the truth doesn't seem to be leading me back to god, but away from such a concept, but it's not inconceivable.

The "truth" your looking for is given, its been out in history but mankind has skewered the truth... The church had tossed out the key to that lock of truth. not intentionally but ignorance. Christianity mentions heaven and hell, heaven as the highest realm, hell as the lowest realm, whats the realms in between? buddhism can fill the gaps if you chose to be open minded to your neighbors (brothers & sisters )... food for thought Smile
08-18-2009, 10:44 PM
See, you say that, but then you offer no proof to back it up. I don't want trite sayings. I don't want missionaries telling me that the truth I'm seeking is Jesus, or Muhammed, or Buddha, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I want to see it. Show it to me, logically, how the truth leads there. Show me positive proof for god (that is, evidence that there actually is a god, rather than pseudo-science emotional appeals about how evolution is impossible.) Show me something that can't be explained by any other means, or at the very least can't be explained better by any other means.

If you think you have the truth, then show me the steps that lead you to that truth. But if you want me to believe your religion you're wasting your time, because if you're clinging to dogma and blind faith then you don't have what I'm looking for. I'm not certain what the truth is, but I do know it's got to have at least some evidence pointing to it.

08-18-2009, 11:02 PM (This post was last modified: 08-18-2009 11:08 PM by friendofafriend.)
(08-18-2009 10:44 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  See, you say that, but then you offer no proof to back it up. I don't want trite sayings. I don't want missionaries telling me that the truth I'm seeking is Jesus, or Muhammed, or Buddha, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I want to see it. Show it to me, logically, how the truth leads there. Show me positive proof for god (that is, evidence that there actually is a god, rather than pseudo-science emotional appeals about how evolution is impossible.) Show me something that can't be explained by any other means, or at the very least can't be explained better by any other means.

If you think you have the truth, then show me the steps that lead you to that truth. But if you want me to believe your religion you're wasting your time, because if you're clinging to dogma and blind faith then you don't have what I'm looking for. I'm not certain what the truth is, but I do know it's got to have at least some evidence pointing to it.

first of all I'm sorry if I pressed wrong button.. The truth you seek is under your nose, before you in every day... I'm telling you the truth... the truth about religion will make it harder to find truth... your parents is what you need to understand... the further you seek is further your journey from your parents and siblings... my point is start searching from the source of life... you didnt give birth to yourself i hope...
(08-18-2009 10:44 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  See, you say that, but then you offer no proof to back it up. I don't want trite sayings. I don't want missionaries telling me that the truth I'm seeking is Jesus, or Muhammed, or Buddha, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I want to see it. Show it to me, logically, how the truth leads there. Show me positive proof for god (that is, evidence that there actually is a god, rather than pseudo-science emotional appeals about how evolution is impossible.) Show me something that can't be explained by any other means, or at the very least can't be explained better by any other means.

Even if God appeared to you in your dreams would you believe it? or you would brush it off as just a dream?
I'm not here to convert anyone to any religion... thx for letting me clear that up...
08-18-2009, 11:15 PM
Well, if god appeared to me in my dreams I would give it careful consideration. I would also realize that it was a dream, and that the mind does create things like that. But I would not just discount it, no.

As for the rest . . . you say you're telling me the truth. Why should I believe you, Mr. Person From The Internet?

I'm not upset, but these are questions that need to be asked. Do you really expect me to accept what you say just because you tell me it's true? You've got to give me better evidence than that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Open your Mind 4 friendofafriend 8 1,632 07-10-2009 02:59 PM
Last Post: friendofafriend
  Open your Mind friendofafriend 17 2,569 07-10-2009 02:40 PM
  Open your Mind 3 friendofafriend 1 658 07-07-2009 12:10 PM
Last Post: PatPar
  Open your Mind 2 friendofafriend 0 590 07-07-2009 03:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)