Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Overview of Islam
11-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Overview of Islam
Islam Info

This material is an overview of Islam covering it's roots and modern news makers. It is not an attempt to "convert" anyone to Islam, nor is it an attempt to demonize Muslims. It is an effort to condense 1400 years of history and examine current events in a manner that should make sense to Americans.

Free to read. Free to use. Free to ignore. Free to dis (discuss/dismiss).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-2008, 10:27 PM
RE: Overview of Islam
(11-24-2008 12:23 PM)dla Wrote:  Islam Info

This material is an overview of Islam covering it's roots and modern news makers. It is not an attempt to "convert" anyone to Islam, nor is it an attempt to demonize Muslims. It is an effort to condense 1400 years of history and examine current events in a manner that should make sense to Americans.

Now that the election season is over and Iraq has settled down, it might be a good time to do an overview of the world's 2nd largest religion.
12-23-2008, 02:04 AM
i think ur post need fair men to discuss
12-23-2008, 08:40 AM
(11-24-2008 12:23 PM)dla Wrote:  Islam Info

there is a forum specifically for you guys. couldn't you chat there?
12-23-2008, 08:45 AM
b man,
is it a christian one? or a general one for all religions? be wideminded man accept the other....
12-23-2008, 08:49 AM
(12-23-2008 08:45 AM)sesame Wrote:  b man,
is it a christian one? or a general one for all religions? be wideminded man accept the other....
i am not christian...but if i saw a thread titled "over view of christianity" i would tell them to leave as well. why didn't you say something like "why muslim want to kill inifidels?"
12-23-2008, 10:06 AM
While I only partially agree with B MAN's sentiments on the conduct of Muslims, the thread probably should have been posted in the "Islam" section of this board. Smile

If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
12-23-2008, 10:31 AM (This post was last modified: 12-23-2008 10:33 AM by sesame.)
i don't know what bother u? there r a lot of topics u can read and share in.....i'm not in ur house....obvious.
by the way, it seems u didn't notice the subject above ...it is general religion....i think the word is clear unless u r weak in language...........
12-23-2008, 11:12 AM
(12-23-2008 10:31 AM)sesame Wrote:  i don't know what bother u? there r a lot of topics u can read and share in.....i'm not in ur house....obvious.
by the way, it seems u didn't notice the subject above ...it is general religion....i think the word is clear unless u r weak in language...........

It doesn't bother me personally, I was just commenting. Unlike some on this board, English is my native language, and I am fairly adept in it's use. You are correct that as a General Religion category any and all subjects related to religion in any way could be put here. However, as this thread deals specifically with one religion (Islam), and there happens to be a section dedicated specifically to that religion, it would be more appropriate in the Islam section.

dla Wrote:Now that the election season is over and Iraq has settled down, it might be a good time to do an overview of the world's 2nd largest religion.

Actually, since America invaded a country that, for all intents and purposes, is a theocracy, an overview of their religion should have happened prior to the war.

"Hence the saying: If you know the enemy
and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a
hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy,
for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat.
If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will
succumb in every battle." - Sun Tzu

If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)