Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pat Robertson blaming Vodou for Haiti's Earthquake
01-16-2010, 11:30 PM
Pat Robertson blaming Vodou for Haiti's Earthquake
This is incredibly frustrating for me. Pat Robertson is blaming Vodou for the earthquake. People are saying that we "made a deal with the devil," and things like this, and with all the people who are trying to help Haiti some keep bringing it back to a chance to diss religion, when all the Vodouisants are trying to work together with Catholics and Jews, and some churches are saying that this was divine punishment from Jesus and that they should make a point not to take relief and not to do relief efforts with anyone who practices.

I'm just boggled. Pat Robertson I can understand, he's a nutcase with a flawed theological background, turning away help because of religion or refusing to help a country because of the religion? Grrr.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-17-2010, 12:14 AM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2010 12:14 AM by Venedi Sporoi.)
RE: Pat Robertson blaming Vodou for Haiti's Earthquake
I heard about this just the other day. Fortunately, everyone seems to be ridiculing him if not scolding him outright. Even devout Christians realize that natural disasters don't display favorites. What's at work here is purely insanity.
01-17-2010, 12:17 AM
(01-17-2010 12:14 AM)Venedi Sporoi Wrote:  I heard about this just the other day. Fortunately, everyone seems to be ridiculing him if not scolding him outright. Even devout Christians realize that natural disasters don't display favorites. What's at work here is purely insanity.

Everyone in the media is, but as I said, some religious groups are moving behind him.
01-17-2010, 02:17 AM
Pat Robertson is scum. He blamed the 9/11 attacks on abortionists, gays, and the ACLU. He has openly encouraged nuclear attack on American soil. Even mainstream Christians in America have turned on this guy, he remains solely the voice of the insane fundamentalists.

His remarks were atrocious and disgusting, and sadly only reflect what a horrible creature he is. Don't let it get you down. His remarks reflect nothing but his own depraved mind.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
01-17-2010, 02:19 AM
(01-17-2010 02:17 AM)GTseng3 Wrote:  Pat Robertson is scum. He blamed the 9/11 attacks on abortionists, gays, and the ACLU. He has openly encouraged nuclear attack on American soil. Even mainstream Christians in America have turned on this guy, he remains solely the voice of the insane fundamentalists.

His remarks were atrocious and disgusting, and sadly only reflect what a horrible creature he is. Don't let it get you down. His remarks reflect nothing but his own depraved mind.

I know, it's just very very frustrating. In a time like this or anyone to blame a religion for a natural disaster...and to suggest we should not help...Sigh. I know the event he's referring too, the black pig sacrifice to Bon Dieu that started the Hatian Revolution -- but really? It's insensitive and unnecessary.
01-17-2010, 02:31 AM
And historically inaccurate to put such weight on that ceremony, from what I've read. But that's the thing about American free speech. It's completely unfiltered.

I'm sorry. I'm sorry such a cosmic imbecile exists who would say such things. If it makes you feel better, here's a lovely little anecdote from his Wikipedia article.

On the June 8, 1998 edition of his show, Robertson denounced Orlando, Florida and Disney World for allowing a privately sponsored "Gay Days" weekend. Robertson stated that the acceptance of homosexuality could result in hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes, terrorist bombings and "possibly a meteor." The resulting outcry prompted Robertson to return to the topic on June 24, where he quoted the Book of Revelation to support his claims. The first hurricane of the 1998 Atlantic hurricane season, Hurricane Bonnie, actually turned away from Florida and instead damaged the rest of the east coast. The area hardest hit by the hurricane was the Hampton Roads region, which includes Virginia Beach, where the Robertson's 700 Club is broadcast from. While other hurricanes did hit Florida, none of them hit Disney World.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
01-17-2010, 03:38 AM
(01-17-2010 02:31 AM)GTseng3 Wrote:  And historically inaccurate to put such weight on that ceremony, from what I've read. But that's the thing about American free speech. It's completely unfiltered.

I'm sorry. I'm sorry such a cosmic imbecile exists who would say such things. If it makes you feel better, here's a lovely little anecdote from his Wikipedia article.

On the June 8, 1998 edition of his show, Robertson denounced Orlando, Florida and Disney World for allowing a privately sponsored "Gay Days" weekend. Robertson stated that the acceptance of homosexuality could result in hurricanes, earthquakes, tornadoes, terrorist bombings and "possibly a meteor." The resulting outcry prompted Robertson to return to the topic on June 24, where he quoted the Book of Revelation to support his claims. The first hurricane of the 1998 Atlantic hurricane season, Hurricane Bonnie, actually turned away from Florida and instead damaged the rest of the east coast. The area hardest hit by the hurricane was the Hampton Roads region, which includes Virginia Beach, where the Robertson's 700 Club is broadcast from. While other hurricanes did hit Florida, none of them hit Disney World.

That's actually hilarious. But very good to know.
01-17-2010, 07:59 AM (This post was last modified: 01-17-2010 08:15 AM by Ahmadi.)
I am still praying for your family.

For Pat Robertson to try to obstruct relief efforts is completely counter to the belief of loving God and turning the other cheek philosophy the apologists project when the occasion demands.

This is precisely the reason why reason should rule over faith and religion should not be without the foundation of sound arguments and reason.

But what is new, at one time Church prohibited pain control during labor ... lest ...

Andrew Dickson White was the founding President of the Cornell University in New York which is one of the IV League Universities. He wrote a book that pertains to Pat Robertson's attitude.

Because the suppression of scientific thought by the medieval Church represents one of blackest periods of human history, many scholars have studied this period with great care. Worth special mention is the remarkable two-volume treatise by Andrew Dickson White entitled 'A History of the Warfare of Science with Theology in Christendom,' published in 1896. The whole text of the two volumes of the book can be read on http://www.archive.org or http://www.questia.com. From the many fascinating accounts in this compendium, here are a few examples from his book in a short article format:

http://www.alislam.org/egazette/articles...200907.pdf

I am second coming of Thomas Paine. If you are a Christian, have you read Age of Reason?
05-02-2010, 10:32 AM
Lol...I used magic....Im SORRY!!!!!! It was my deal with the devil!

lol

Dont you know who I am??? earthquakes, ha
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-02-2010, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2010 05:31 PM by lastmikvehlastDay.)
Cool RE: Pat Robertson blaming Vodou for Haiti's Earthquake
re::Losing his own soul

> You'll have to excuse Sir 'Pat'. Apparently "everything" is from the hand of God .... : Pat Robertson he's a lightweight. It is a pretty shameful and sinful thing for me to say, what I am about to say concerning the 'Kingdom of Pat'. IMHO, Reasoning from the bible's full teaching. I dont think he'll be too happy with his eternal arrangements :~ According to the teachings of the New Testament, Mr. Pat Robertson is not entering the Kingdom of Heaven himself,. Hope the irony isnt lost on his viewers. He's already gotten all the reward due Mr. Pat (on this planet).
Oh, I was sure to say "IMO". So, None of this "C'mon!" non-sense.

That said. I wouldnt get too defensive all the same

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Vodou/Voodoo/Vodun Q&A Clementine 81 22,640 10-19-2014 11:47 PM
Last Post: Clementine
  Question about Vodou? UniversalLove 9 4,153 09-21-2011 11:58 PM
  Why vodou isn't just for Africans Clementine 5 3,328 11-14-2010 04:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)