Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Paul: The mythmaker or the Apostle?
11-22-2008, 04:07 AM
Paul: The mythmaker or the Apostle?
What many Christians fail to realize is that the
earliest written documents about Jesus occur nearly
20 years after his disappearance by a man named Paul.
Just who was this man Paul?
Read on...
http://www.why-christians-convert-to-isl...maker.html
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2008, 05:17 PM
RE: Paul: The mythmaker or the Apostle?
Paul, and those who were around Paul, tell us about Paul through the Bible and Sacred Tradition. I, nor anyone else, should need a Islamic propagandist website to tell us who Paul was.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing..."-Darth Vader
11-29-2008, 02:09 AM
then u didn't seek for the truth....it is a chance to save ur soul in this world life before a day come to blame no one but urself......
12-01-2008, 12:22 AM
again, circular logic...

"I find your lack of faith disturbing..."-Darth Vader
12-17-2008, 09:08 AM
Is the crucifixion and resurrection undeniable history as modern day evangelists claim or was this an idea that only Paul seemed to have knowledge of? Could it be that there was no crucifixion/resurrection of Jesus? Rather, could it be that Paul was simply inventing a story in such a way as to appear to fulfill Old Testament writings? The following analysis not only proposes the possibility of such an alternative but provides overwhelming evidence that this is just what occurred. The entire crucifixion/resurrection of Jesus was nothing more than Paul's prophesies.

Paul tells us that:

I Corinthians 15:3-4

Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures.

Paul finds the crucifixion of Jesus in Isaiah 53 and his resurrection on the third day in Jonah 1:17, Hosea 6:2, and II Kings 20:5. Paul then tells his audience that he did not receive it from any man nor was taught it, rather he got it from Jesus (Gal 1:11-12). Another words, Paul essentially tells us that you will not find this story anywhere else because it is not being taught in schools nor do any other men know of it. Furthermore, upon careful investigation, we can see that the crucifixion/resurrection was a theme only knowledgeable to Paul and to which latter tradition developed into the four gospels, each being very different stories of what they thought Paul probably meant. But where did Paul receive the idea that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures. Paul clearly tells us that it was not common knowledge of his time but rather that God gave it to him.

Galatians 1:11-12,20

I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel I preached is not something that man made up. I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it: rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.20 I assure you before God that what I am writing you is no lie.

Just how did Paul receive this revelation from Jesus Christ? Actually, while his name was still Saul and during his persecution of "Christians" whatever their beliefs may have been, Paul became transformed called, he believed to carry the news of Jesus to the Gentiles (Acts 9). He began to travel and proclaim Jesus. It must be remembered that Paul never knew Jesus nor ever met him since Paul came from a Greek city (Acts 22:3). Jesus and Paul never met once while Jesus was still on earth. The book of Acts, which was written decades after Paul's life, gives the following account of Paul's conversion. The author of Acts cleverly inserts verse 15 in an effort to help explain just who Paul is; moreover, Paul never tells us in his 10 letters contained in the New Testament that this is how he discovered Jesus. The book of Acts has largely been acknowledged by scholars to be a much embellished fictional work, nevertheless this is the account of how Paul discovered the Lord!

Acts 9:1-20

"1Meanwhile, Saul was still breathing out murderous threats against the Lord's disciples. He went to the high priest 2and asked him for letters to the synagogues in Damascus, so that if he found any there who belonged to the Way, whether men or women, he might take them as prisoners to Jerusalem. 3As he neared Damascus on his journey, suddenly a light from heaven flashed around him. 4He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?" 5"Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked. 6"I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting," he replied. "Now get up and go into the city, and you will be told what you must do." 7The men traveling with Saul stood there speechless; they heard the sound but did not see anyone. 8Saul got up from the ground, but when he opened his eyes he could see nothing. So they led him by the hand into Damascus. 9For three days he was blind, and did not eat or drink anything. 10In Damascus there was a disciple named Ananias. The Lord called to him in a vision, "Ananias!" "Yes, Lord," he answered. 11The Lord told him, "Go to the house of Judas on Straight Street and ask for a man from Tarsus named Saul, for he is praying. 12In a vision he has seen a man named Ananias come and place his hands on him to restore his sight." 13"Lord," Ananias answered, "I have heard many reports about this man and all the harm he has done to your saints in Jerusalem. 14And he has come here with authority from the chief priests to arrest all who call on your name." 15But the Lord said to Ananias, "Go! This man is my chosen instrument to carry my name before the Gentiles and their kings and before the people of Israel. 16I will show him how much he must suffer for my name." 17Then Ananias went to the house and entered it. Placing his hands on Saul, he said, "Brother Saul, the Lord--Jesus, who appeared to you on the road as you were coming here--has sent me so that you may see again and be filled with the Holy Spirit." 18Immediately, something like scales fell from Saul's eyes, and he could see again. He got up and was baptized, 19and after taking some food, he regained his strength. 20Saul spent several days with the disciples in Damascus. At once he began to preach in the synagogues that Jesus is the Son of God."
12-17-2008, 09:19 AM
you need a reason to justify mohamed.Jesus said that was that.all ended.for your belief to have any credability,you have to dissmiss all the new testament.

Good evil salvation
12-17-2008, 09:28 AM
hi smelly, then u r here... so plz read the rest of threads.....but read read read fairly.....
by the way, i need nothing to justify Mohamed , just read the thread which i'll raise it to u.....
12-17-2008, 10:57 AM
stephen was killed for telling the truth,the pharisees wanted to wipe info of Jesus away.saul who was renamed paul told us about how they persecuted all followers of Jesus,and if they could have gotten away with this would have done.Jesus stops saul,and puts him to good use,spreading the truth.in the jewish book,they don,t mention john the baptist,big cover up was going on.all darkness will become light.it is life and death to these people to cover truth.

Good evil salvation
12-17-2008, 11:54 PM
sesame Wrote:What many Christians fail to realize is that the

I would say twenty years is close enough in time for him to be aware of the facts. I could probably write a history of 1988 without too much trouble; especially if I had first hand contact with friends of the person I wanted to write about.
12-18-2008, 12:03 AM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2008 12:05 AM by Anglican.)
Anglican Wrote:
sesame Wrote:What many Christians fail to realize is that the

I would say twenty years is close enough in time for him to be aware of the facts. I could probably write a history of 1988 without too much trouble; especially if I had first hand contact with friends of the person I wanted to write about.

By the way, there is a very ancient tradition (going back at least as far as the early second century) according to which Peter was the main source of information for Mark's gospel.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Paul and the Jews RuralSalt 4 658 08-13-2014 05:26 AM
Last Post: RuralSalt
  Who was Paul, Really? Dan Unterbrink 5 917 07-13-2014 10:34 PM
Last Post: chucknance
  Paul's Gospel must be Accepted newnature 20 1,642 06-07-2013 05:29 AM
Last Post: flower50
MyBB Judas-Expanded on Apostle Thomas azurescen 3 900 04-30-2010 03:33 PM
Last Post: azurescen
  Circumcision and HIV infection: another reason why to let go of St. Paul Ahmadi 18 2,897 02-24-2010 09:33 PM
Last Post: Venedi Sporoi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)