Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pentacostal laying on of hands
12-07-2017, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2017 10:29 AM by Alison2.)
RE: Pentacostal laying on of hands
(12-07-2017 12:28 AM)The_Squid Wrote:  
Quote:When there is a major need, surgery for instance, that has been a time where the church body would be asked to participate in the anointing.

Surgery? Clearly you’re using this term in a different way than usual.

Why does God only heal things we can’t see do you think? Never a new limb...

Yes, Squid, surgery. Like being cut on by a physician, in an operating room. Surgery. Is there another way to use the word?

I'll further explain, in simpler terms, since you seem to not understand.

For people of faith, prayer is an important part. When I was ill and going to have my gallbladder removed, I asked for prayer and anointing for that procedure. Specifically, I asked for prayer for the physician, the staff, for no complications, for quick recovery, for me to have peace about it and not be nervous and a few other things.

What is so difficult about understanding that people ask prayer for surgery?

What is so difficult to understand about a person of faith believing that God heals through any and all means, including through physicians, scientists, etc.? Why is it so difficult for you to understand that people of faith believe that God has a hand in it?

A stage IV cancer diagnosis is given. The patient has a parent with a medical contact who puts them in touch with a physician. The physician has a colleague with a specific protocol for this type of cancer. The patient is allowed into the protocol trial. The protocol works, the child is cancer free within three months and continues the remaining three months of protocol whereas in the beginning, the child wasn't expected to survive the first three months.

This family, church family, friends, loved ones and people literally all over the world that prayed for this child, believe without a doubt that God's hand was in every single moment of this from allowing the illness itself to diagnosis to the remission. Every single one believes that God opened the doors for every step from being put in the hands of the right physicians down to the nurses and support staff that had a part in the medical healing of this child.

A person who isn't of faith will say that the child was just lucky that the parent had a contact and that the body responded well to the treatment.

Ok. That's a perfectly reasonable response from a person who isn't of faith. It isn't what I, as a person of faith, believe, but ... ok. We all move on.

Look how simple that is.

As for further harping on amputations ... here's my view. No where in my faith practice, no where in the bible, am I promised a perfect, whole, happy, completely healthy life. I understand in my faith that I don't have to be in a perfect state of wholeness to experience God's grace. I believe that God can do anything. The thing about my faith is, I believe that God has a plan for my life, a will for me. My job is to seek that will and seek that plan and do my part, which is to trust in Him, to make it all happen. I believe that there is a purpose in every second of suffering that I've been through. I also believe there is a purpose in every second of joy, comfort, peace and happiness that I've experienced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2017, 11:01 AM
(12-07-2017 10:26 AM)Alison2 Wrote:  ...
What is so difficult to understand about a person of faith believing that God heals through any and all means, including through physicians, scientists, etc.? Why is it so difficult for you to understand that people of faith believe that God has a hand in it?

Well said!

(12-07-2017 10:26 AM)Alison2 Wrote:  ...
I understand in my faith that I don't have to be in a perfect state of wholeness to experience God's grace. I believe that God can do anything. The thing about my faith is, I believe that God has a plan for my life, a will for me. My job is to seek that will and seek that plan and do my part, which is to trust in Him, to make it all happen. I believe that there is a purpose in every second of suffering that I've been through. I also believe there is a purpose in every second of joy, comfort, peace and happiness that I've experienced.

Agreed upon Praise

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: He leadeth me beside the still waters.
12-07-2017, 12:42 PM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2017 12:44 PM by Amememhab.)
(12-07-2017 10:26 AM)Alison2 Wrote:  For people of faith, prayer is an important part. When I was ill and going to have my gallbladder removed, I asked for prayer and anointing for that procedure. Specifically, I asked for prayer for the physician, the staff, for no complications, for quick recovery, for me to have peace about it... What is so difficult to understand about a person of faith believing that God heals through any and all means, including through physicians, scientists, etc.? ... I believe that there is a purpose in every second of suffering that I've been through. I also believe there is a purpose in every second of joy, comfort, peace and happiness that I've experienced.

Yup. Faith matters, in the healing arts. Hospitals arrange for pastoral care as well as a bedside doctor. Faith can improve the condition of the patient’s cells, reducing levels of damaging stress hormones such as cortisol. In the event God decides it is time for a suffering soul to come home, his Holy Ghost will help the patient steel for Death, the most frightening challenge we will meet, what actor William Shatner, age 86, called “the final frontier.”

And one day, I believe, the agency of God will cast Death, Hell, and Satan into the lake of fire to create a new heaven and Earth where entropy, fear, brutalization and pain no longer stalk the highways and byways.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)