Poll: Which belief will you choose?
Scientific
Biblical
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Planet Earth's Age
04-28-2008, 07:35 AM (This post was last modified: 04-28-2008 07:36 AM by Ephratah7.)
Rolleyes Planet Earth's Age
Well, how about knowing the earth's real age? Will you go to scientific belief or biblical?

I'll go with biblical.

*Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding.
*Be not wise in thine own eyes, Fear the Lord and Depart from evil.
*In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2008, 08:26 AM
RE: Planet Earth's Age
Majority! I believe in the Bible more than scientific belief!

Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.

-Sign hanging in Einstein's office at Princeton-
Find all posts by this user
04-28-2008, 08:37 AM
me too, star friend. haha. I believe that earth's age is 6000+. not million or billion

*Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding.
*Be not wise in thine own eyes, Fear the Lord and Depart from evil.
*In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths.
04-28-2008, 10:39 AM
I'm going to disagree. I believe the bible is more about analogies and ideas than hard facts and that the earth is about 4.5 billion years old as science says.

His and Your Humble Servant
RF's Sponsors
05-12-2008, 02:20 AM
I Agree with GR.
now the votes are split, Lets head to the lightning round Smile

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
-Buddha
05-12-2008, 09:50 AM
Scientific. But there must be a middle point between Religion and science. A meeting ground between the the two constructs.
05-19-2008, 02:29 AM
I have to go with scientific, despite the fact that some guy with what one has to assume is the equivilant of a third grade education at one point wrote in a book that it was only six thousand years old. With the antarctic ice record (600,000 years), Sedementary record (2+ billion years), the measurements of radioactive decay in deep-earth minerals (3.9 billion years, prior to that the earth's surface was molten due to a collision with the moon), the red-light shifting we use to measure the distance of stellar objects (13.7 billion years), NASA experiments regarding ecretion disks and how planets form, the evolutionary fossil-record, and of course our own written and archeological histories as a species.

The evidence for the age of our planet is overwhelming, where as that which supports the six thousand year assertion of creationists is non-existant. There's nothing out there at all that indicates that the earth is younger than a several billion years old.
05-19-2008, 04:51 PM
I didn't respond to the poll, because, strictly speaking, I do not "believe" in science. I generally accept the knowledge that science provides regarding the age of the earth, but that's not the same as "believing in science."

Science is not a religion.
05-28-2008, 06:42 AM
It's Scientific because i don't believe in what the bible say.
06-03-2008, 10:21 AM
my vote is with science. this goes for the age of the earth, where we came from, medical treatments and who to fix the worlds problems.
science.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Cambrian Age- Video ahmetsecer 0 781 09-14-2008 09:51 AM
Last Post: ahmetsecer
Exclamation The Cambrian Age- Video ahmetsecer 0 617 08-14-2008 03:44 PM
Last Post: ahmetsecer

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)