Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pleasure to meet you all
04-10-2010, 10:04 AM
Pleasure to meet you all
I enjoy getting to know people and learning new things. I'm especially fascinated by religion and spiritual matters, and after reading through some threads here, I can tell you all have much to share.

I myself was raised Catholic but have since drifted away from our church. I like to joke that I'm an Agnostic Christian Buddhist, as I work to practice basic Buddhist principles but stop short of immersing myself in a particular school. Add to that my Christian upbringing that insists on hanging with me and all the doubts that come with it, and you've got a rather motley chick. I fear I'm not very good at organized religion.

I'll probably read more than anything. I'm an expert in...well...nothing, but I come with curiosity and an open heart. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-10-2010, 10:23 AM
RE: Pleasure to meet you all
Welcome to another cradle catholic
Hi Anne

????????????????
04-10-2010, 11:02 AM
Hello and thank you for the welcome.
04-10-2010, 11:07 AM
You don't have to talk to me, I'm the idiot some village somewhere lost Big Grin

????????????????
04-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Big Grin

That I highly doubt.
04-10-2010, 03:18 PM
(04-10-2010 10:04 AM)Anne Wrote:  I enjoy getting to know people and learning new things. I'm especially fascinated by religion and spiritual matters, and after reading through some threads here, I can tell you all have much to share.

I myself was raised Catholic but have since drifted away from our church. I like to joke that I'm an Agnostic Christian Buddhist, as I work to practice basic Buddhist principles but stop short of immersing myself in a particular school. Add to that my Christian upbringing that insists on hanging with me and all the doubts that come with it, and you've got a rather motley chick. I fear I'm not very good at organized religion.

I'll probably read more than anything. I'm an expert in...well...nothing, but I come with curiosity and an open heart. Smile

welcome welcome! im one of the many atheists here at the forum. I hope youll find this place is a great place to learn about every faith (or lack thereof). If you have any questions feel free to speak your mind. we'll take good care of ya. Wink

The Todd
04-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Thank you! I look forward to hearing your thoughts on things.
04-12-2010, 11:03 PM
Hello! I'm Clementine, our resident (Haitian) Vodouisant, and fellow cradle Catholic. Good to have you!

Pawol anpil pa leve le mo
Lavi m nan men Bondye o sen
04-13-2010, 09:22 AM
You are the first Vodouisant I have ever met. And a historian to boot, if I remember correctly. I'm sure I'll learn a lot from you. Smile Thanks for the welcome.

Laugh of the Week
04-13-2010, 01:51 PM
(04-13-2010 09:22 AM)Anne Wrote:  You are the first Vodouisant I have ever met. And a historian to boot, if I remember correctly. I'm sure I'll learn a lot from you. Smile Thanks for the welcome.

Yep, though my expertise is on Africa and Colonisation. Glad to have you here.

Pawol anpil pa leve le mo
Lavi m nan men Bondye o sen

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Shy Hello, nice to meet you Curst Saden 9 1,437 06-10-2015 11:20 AM
Last Post: StarStuff
  Hi, Howdy, and Nice To Meet Ya Baedon 4 1,086 05-17-2010 04:41 AM
Last Post: may

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)