Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"Pokemon are evil", etc.
07-03-2013, 11:27 PM
"Pokemon are evil", etc.

You know how some people out there say everything and anything is "evil"?

Sometimes I find the things they call "evil" really silly. The video above is just an example.

What do you guys think?

I'd love to hear your experiences with this. Also maybe give examples of the silliest or most outlandish examples you have to share? Or if you want to defend your views, that would be cool too.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2013, 11:33 PM
RE: "Pokemon are evil", etc.

This was possibly the most ridiculous thing I ever saw.
07-03-2013, 11:41 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2013 11:50 PM by Yefet.)
I see his point
I still today want to grab a shotgun and find the Rascally Wabbit

God Warrior ! could be one of several of our past members.....LOL
07-04-2013, 08:14 AM
This site is evil....I mean we have Atheists as Moderators...

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.
07-04-2013, 06:10 PM
Indeed, and people have joined before who have called you guys "Satanists" too.

I've found it silly that people go to such great extents to turn themselves into the "chosen ones". What better way to do that than to damn everyone else in the worst possible way and turn them into monsters worthy of energetic opposition?

@Niva: That video was so confusing and plain weird, haha.

Okay guys here's an experience I had that related to Pokémon:

When I was little (recall that I'm not that old, so this was back in the early 2000s) and when I used to live in Peru, the Pokémon anime came out, and I really liked it back then, and then came the religious people on the media and in real life too who were claiming that Pokémon (among other things like metal music, Halloween, punk and gothic subculture, films and shows alleged to contain subliminal messages, and songs alleged to contain backmasked messages) was Satanic, and I remember one TV show "revealing" that some song from a Pokémon movie was backmasked, and played backwards contained some Satanic message.

Neither my family nor my church ever taught me to believe Pokémon was Satanic, but a lot of Catholics and Protestants (Evangelicals, Pentecostals, Seventh-day Adventists, and Jehovah's Witnesses being very popular in Peru) kept alleging that things like Pokémon, Halloween, etc was "Satanic" when I was a kid.

I do not lie when I tell you I honestly believed that, and was afraid to get near to Pokémon until I played a Pokémon game one time and got over my old fear.

Looking back, it makes absolutely no sense. Something snapped in me when I was little, and neither my family or my church was what taught me to adopt such behavior. I think it's kind of like a mini-trauma: because I really came to feel all anime was evil, when before that I watched all sorts of anime cartoons as a kid that would show on TV.

I'm glad that I'm not that way anymore. But it really makes me feel bad, because I imagine how easy it is to brainwash a kid into thinking something very beloved (i.e. Harry Potter) is "Satanic". It causes trauma that is hard to remove, because it turns something beloved into a huge taboo, like it did with me. And you don't have to be taught by your family or church: sometimes it comes from your environment's paranoid culture...
07-05-2013, 11:32 AM
Sting is evil.

Seriously. Bono too.
07-05-2013, 11:59 AM
pokemon is really kind of messed up.

I mean its basicly cockfighting for kids.
07-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Cockfighting with fictional, magical cocks (teehee) that don't die or feel pain. That pretty much eleviates my moral issues with cockfighting.
07-05-2013, 03:34 PM
I've gone through a phase of over analyzing everything to see if it was "evil." What I've discovered that the people in these videos haven't is that this over analyzing paranoia leads a person to just see bad and evil and not the good in everything. When someone focuses on the evil I feel they start to gain evil traits themselves in other areas. The biblical goal is to bring the light out in everything not suppress and fear the evil.

"Torah's food for my brain let it rain til I drown, thunder, let the blessings come down!"
07-05-2013, 04:43 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2013 04:45 PM by Azrael17.)
If a person had immense power enough power to reshape the world acording to what they felt was "good" they would become corrupted by that power and fear any oppostion to their ideal and in doing so eventually make the whole world their enemy and view all others as evil because eventually they would not think any one is "good" enough for their ideal except themself.

I think a lot of who are pious have to be careful not to let their ego make them look doown on others.

There is a verse some where in the bible which says don't be over foolish neither be overwise for a wise man avoids all extremes.

"Hidden underneath the stoned cold surface of every Pious Person lays buried a Kinky Pervert, Stop bringing shovels, Where not digging!"-Azrael

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)