Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Possible System Malfuction
02-17-2010, 03:14 AM
Possible System Malfuction
I have it set up to alert me two ways when I receive a private message (alert on the site and email). Because I had not seen a notice on the site and had thus missed a private message already for several months at least, I checked to see if my updated settings were working (I sent myself a PM). The PM sent, showed up in my inbox, and I recieved an email about it - all of those are as it should be. It did not, however, put the little notification bar at the top.

Some possible causes I can think of:
A deliberate setting/modification prohibiting this bar
An incorrect modification to the templates (particularly the one including that bars' code)
Malformed code modifications (such as a bad plugin)

HelpThisLife | Anime Forums
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-23-2010, 10:01 PM
RE: Possible System Malfuction
I noticed this too, I haven't been able to log in in a while to make any real posts and when I noticed I had some Private Messages it turned out to be that I had those in my inbox even before my delayed posts here.
Find all posts by this user
03-07-2010, 02:05 PM
I'm going to have to look into this. I've had the same problem of getting PMs and not being notified.

His and Your Humble Servant
RF's Sponsors
03-08-2010, 12:31 AM
Including mine by any chance? I sent some information and suggestions (several of which didn't seem to belong public to me) and I just looked and it still shows you haven't read them.

03-10-2010, 08:56 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2010 09:01 PM by God Rocks.)
Yea, including the ones you sent me. I just replied to them a minute ago.

The notifications seem to be working now, though I haven't changed anything so I'm not sure what was wrong before. I guess if it stops working again I'll have to look more into it.

His and Your Humble Servant
RF's Sponsors
03-10-2010, 09:06 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2010 09:19 PM by ladyunicornejg.)
Really? When I clicked the link to the private messages page (from my email) it didn't give me the notification bar that it should...Guess it could just be me there but I'm not sure how.

Double-checked...still no bar. I even have a screenshot of this on the settings page (showing the checked boxes and the 1 unread message with no bar). You could always ask a support team (or the main support forum for the software).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
Question Questions about Warning system Dove 17 2,022 07-13-2014 04:48 AM
Last Post: Spiny Norman
  Does any one still use the Reputation system? Azrael17 4 603 07-20-2013 09:31 AM
Last Post: Visqueen

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)