Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Prayer
07-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Prayer
For those who believe that prayer is more powerful in large numbers, give this a shot: LINK
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-03-2011, 02:21 PM
RE: Prayer
This makes me very curious....why would prayer be more powerful in large numbers?

If everyone was thinking the same thing, then no one would be thinking at all.
07-03-2011, 06:24 PM
There is a Jewish law of prayer that No devarim shebikdushah or holy prayer may be recited without a minyan.
As rosend posted in another thread ,A minyan is a group of ten Jewish men above the age of Bar Mitzvah.
It is said that God's presence rests wherever a minyan prays, the more Jews the stronger the presence or concentration
The Biblical source that it takes ten men to complete a minyan comes from Numbers 14:27. Moses sent spies to scout the land of Canaan. Ten of them returned and said that it is not a conquerable land. From this and moses response ,it is deduced that an assembly is made up of ten men.It has a deeper spiritual meaning but I will spare the gobbely gook or whatever Bio calls it.
07-04-2011, 08:23 AM
(07-03-2011 06:24 PM)Yefet Wrote:  There is a Jewish law of prayer that No devarim shebikdushah or holy prayer may be recited without a minyan.
As rosend posted in another thread ,A minyan is a group of ten Jewish men above the age of Bar Mitzvah.
It is said that God's presence rests wherever a minyan prays, the more Jews the stronger the presence or concentration
The Biblical source that it takes ten men to complete a minyan comes from Numbers 14:27. Moses sent spies to scout the land of Canaan. Ten of them returned and said that it is not a conquerable land. From this and moses response ,it is deduced that an assembly is made up of ten men.It has a deeper spiritual meaning but I will spare the gobbely gook or whatever Bio calls it.

I think it's safe to say that at present there are literally millions of Christians in prayer groups actively praying their hearts out for everyone to receive Jesus. Is it working? I dunno..what's the statistical pattern showing these days, Christians or Muslims in the lead?

I have mixed feelings about prayer warriorism. Jesus as fundamentalists know Him and Christianity is a hard sell in modern times to anyone in the industrialized nations, Third World yes, as Evangelicals compete with Muslims for the most ignorant but willing to kill for God proselytes. Evangelicals will vote in killer American presidents but react in anger and denial if you point this out. Fundamentalism kills critical thinking and is always the most dangerous disease spread among human beings.

I believe in the spiritual power of the acts of "concentrated prayer" which is what I have come to believe of the religions visions God has given me to carry out, what they are in spiritual reality, e.g. Paxcalibur and the Vision of Christ Josephine. I don't pray in public myself except to add an "Amen" (hidden God) to the prayers of my Pentecostal prayer warrior vision quest buddy, Bridgit ("Fiery Arrow"-Gaelic, not N.A, btw...Christian Gnostic rabbinical knowledge..) and daughter, both ones who like many find Jesus a most reliable support and source of strength while men cannot be so trusted. When men and women of God act accordingly, the world will continue to be on course, slowly but surely evolving humanity towards higher states of consciousness and corresponding responsibility, i.e. towards Godhood, the goal of humanity at the End of Days.
07-04-2011, 03:46 PM
The holy One, the true, who holds the key of David, who opens and no one shall close, who closes and no one shall open, says this:

I am the way of the Lord, the truth of the Lord and the life of the Lord.

Call upon me and I will answer you I will show you great things, beyond the reach of your knowledge.

My people perish for want of knowledge! Since you have rejected knowledge, I will reject you from my priesthood; Since you have ignored the law of your God, I will also ignore your sons.
One and all they sin against me, exchanging their glory for shame.

I smote them through the prophets, I slew them by the words of my mouth;
For it is love that I desire, not sacrifice, and knowledge of God rather than holocausts.

Sow justice for yourselves , reap the fruit of piety; Break up for yourselves a new field, for it is time to seek the Lord, till he come and rain down justice upon you."

You shall return by the help of your God, if you remain loyal and do right and always hope in your God.

Let him who is wise understand these things; let him who is prudent know them. Straight are the paths of the Lord, in them the just walk, but sinners stumble in them.

Give to God truth as your offering and fulfill your vows to the most high, then call upon me in your time of distress and I will rescue you and you shall glorify me.

Seek the Lord so you will have life.

Give to God what is Gods. Give the truth to God.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)