Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Prayers answered by God
04-27-2017, 07:56 AM
RE: Prayers answered by God
I hate God with every fibre of my being and although I was brought up to believe in God I'm going to teach my kids that there is no God not to pray to anything because it will only make you miserable in the end. Even if by some slight chance there is a God he's definitely not a loving one. Since no one knows for sure whether there is a God or not I'm going only by my experiences . I have always believed because I was brought up that way I never even questioned whether there is a God or not I just accepted it but when I really needed him and I begged pleaded for his help and received absolutely nothing I realized that something is wrong. Where is god if he's not there when you really really need him it's funny how in the Bible it says we will pay for all our sins he will keep us accountable for everything we do yet he never listens to us when we call them for help he only responds when he has to punish us he created us in original sin so he knew the outcome he set us up to fail and then punished us for feeling and do you know the more I read the Bible the more I realize how foolish it is to believe in this fairytale well I'm done this is my last post unless God decides to do some miraculous thing which I highly doubt and show me that he still there and I'm done and I'm done with living my life based on God's word because God's word to me has become a big lie.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-27-2017, 08:59 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2017 09:10 AM by PeterPants.)
if your being sincere, please don't leave. i for one would be very interested in hearing about whatever your going through.

I think you can grow positively through this if you try.
I think you'll find a surprising wealth of understanding, satisfaction and happiness if you look.

~~~

when we enter a discussion on matters of discordance, we should search for truth not victory, In this manner we always win, there are no losers.
04-27-2017, 11:44 AM
Before you live the rest of your life hating God and all that, first decide for yourself whether or not God exists. If you conclude that God doesn't exist, you have no reason to be angry with him. If you conclude that God does indeed exist, then you may proceed to lay out your arguments against him.

Or, if you conclude he exists, you may wish to do more study and self-reflection on what brought you to dislike him so much.

For myself, I believe God exists but I neither ask for nor expect anything from him. I shed that sort of unrealistic expectation some time ago and I can tell you- from the perspective of once being where you are- it helps an awful lot.

If you want to place 'blame' or direct anger at anyone, direct it towards those who taught you that God does everything for everyone when they want it and how they want it- it just doesn't work like that. At all. I personally don't believe god interferes with our lives for good or ill- whatever we do, or want, it's on us to get it done. Praying for it and not getting it and then getting mad about it is just setting oneself up for failure.

When someone asks "What would Jesus do?" remind them that flipping tables and chasing people with a whip is entirely possible.
Yesterday, 07:34 AM
And if God doesn't interfere or involve him self in our lives then what are all the promises in the Bible and all the promises he made that he would always be with us and direct us and guide us and what about Jesus Christ all the promises Jesus Christ made he said in four different gospels knock and it will be open ask and you shall receive there is thousands of cases in the Bible where God says come to me for everything no matter what it is big small come to me for everything it's a statement that's repeated in the Bible over and over and over again it's actually the whole basis of Christianity and Catholicism that you turn everything over to God and he will look after you so how come when I turn everything over to God he doesn't do anything these are all false teachings this is why I've had enough and I believe that God is either evil for being a hypocrite and making all these promises and not keeping them and he himself killing thousands of people and generations because of his vindictiveness or he just doesn't exist either way I have been lied to my whole life either by God or by the Bible by the teachings of the Catholic Church . Also it says in the Bible that the only way you can get to God is through Jesus Christ he said I am the way to God no one goes to the father but through me now all of a sudden the pope says the head of the Catholic religion says you don't need to have a relationship with Jesus Christ to go to heaven we are all the same all religions are equal we are all one ( A total contradiction of the gospel of Jesus Christ )wow imagine that kicking Jesus Christ right out of the whole equation so all of a sudden Jesus Christ is not the only way to God. What I have gone through in the past six months together and with what the church is saying now a days I have lost all my faith so yes I will be angry at God for as long as it takes me to get over it and I will be angry at the church and how I've been deceived but as far as God goes I'm done not only am I done but I will try to convince everyone I know and everyone I meet that there is no God I'm a bit of a writer and I will actually try to write a book on the deception of God and the Catholic Church. I know I said I won't post again but I just wanted to answer you.
Yesterday, 09:38 AM
How does one hate something one doesn't believe in?

----------------------
Does anyone know where the love of God goes
when the waves turn the minutes to hours?
Yesterday, 09:51 AM
(Yesterday 09:38 AM)The_Squid Wrote:  How does one hate something one doesn't believe in?

I don't believe in murdering people and certainly hate that.

Nothing comes from nothing, cowboy. - Tex Nihilo
Yesterday, 11:35 AM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 11:54 AM by Blunderbuss.)
(Yesterday 07:34 AM)Sonny Scott Wrote:  I have been lied to my whole life either by God or by the Bible by the teachings of the Catholic Church . Also it says in the Bible that the only way you can get to God is through Jesus Christ he said I am the way to God no one goes to the father but through me now all of a sudden the pope says the head of the Catholic religion says you don't need to have a relationship with Jesus Christ to go to heaven we are all the same all religions are equal we are all one ( A total contradiction of the gospel of Jesus Christ )wow imagine that kicking Jesus Christ right out of the whole equation so all of a sudden Jesus Christ is not the only way to God.
Hi Sonny,
It seems you have the answers about following the faith "importantly according to Jesus". He also says many will come in his name to mislead or teach incorrectly. There are thousands of denominations but the clever thing about Jesus and his teachings is; You can't rewrite or alter his messages and is maintained in all the various denominations .. no doubt He expected this. I have seen many various preachings that tell the crowd about other things that surrounds the important teachings whereas - just as you've highlighted - they have taken quite a bit of the focus away from Jesus himself.
Yesterday, 03:18 PM (This post was last modified: Yesterday 03:29 PM by Caesar Saladin.)
(Yesterday 07:34 AM)Sonny Scott Wrote:  And if God doesn't interfere or involve him self in our lives then what are all the promises in the Bible...etc.

Rather than post a litany of reasons, excuses, etc., I will instead direct you to one of my own references regarding religion. "The Age of Reason" was written by Thomas Paine in 1794 as a refutation of the Church. Specifically it was aimed at Christianity, but it can be directed at any religion. Personally, I think Paine is a bit harsh at times, but his arguments are sound. I suggest you read it- at least the first few chapters- either online or find a hard copy at the library, and see what you think. From your previous posting I think you'll find much in common with your current feelings and those of Paine some 223 years ago.

In addition, you might want to give Thomas Jefferson's 1819 edit of the Bible a try. In "The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth" Jefferson strips away all but the essential story of Jesus and his teachings- leaving the 'mystical' aspects behind in favor of a more down-to-earth (pardon the expression) account of Jesus and his life.

(Also, please take a breath or two while you're typing- and break it down into sentences. Stream-of-consciousness writing has its place, but it's awfully hard to keep up with. Big Grin)

If you don't wish to post publicly any longer on the issue, you are more than welcome to send me a message and I will be content to correspond in that manner.

When someone asks "What would Jesus do?" remind them that flipping tables and chasing people with a whip is entirely possible.
Today, 11:52 AM
Prayer is a lot like gambling. You remember your wins better than your losses.

When people ask me if I've found Jesus, I usually tell them they should look the last place they put him.
Today, 11:59 AM
(Yesterday 09:51 AM)FilmFlaneur Wrote:  
(Yesterday 09:38 AM)The_Squid Wrote:  How does one hate something one doesn't believe in?

I don't believe in murdering people and certainly hate that.

So you don't believe murder ever happens?

You're using the word "believe" in a totally different way.

----------------------
Does anyone know where the love of God goes
when the waves turn the minutes to hours?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My Prayers franszwa 0 214 08-20-2016 09:36 PM
Last Post: franszwa
  Prayers Tilian 23 2,166 03-02-2012 01:43 PM
Last Post: Alison2
  The Prayers of the Unbeliever rocketboy9000 42 4,900 11-17-2011 11:09 PM
Last Post: melonkali
  Question for prayers? Mr. Dick 35 4,295 05-11-2010 10:32 AM
Last Post: thecat654

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)