Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Prayers answered by God
05-25-2017, 05:40 PM
RE: Prayers answered by God
(05-25-2017 04:11 PM)KAYSER Wrote:  
(05-25-2017 04:03 PM)Herminator Wrote:  
(05-25-2017 03:45 PM)KAYSER Wrote:  I see this is becoming amusing......
let's take an example of your work place since I don't know another god to give an example about.

Is the CEO or owner of the organization going to promote you without you working for it? No
Can he promote you even if you didn't work for it? Yes
Is he going to do the second scenario? No if he is fair

Wrong analogy Smile

Is the CEO going to do his work without you praying for him to do so? I should hope so!
Does the CEO micromanage all his employees? I should hope not!

As I said, I don't know another god to give an example about so, I did my best.

Instead of praying to the boss you can just kiss his a**

Usually works best! Big Grin

(05-25-2017 04:11 PM)KAYSER Wrote:  And yes, some bosses micro manage their employees

Correct, but they never micromanage all employees...

(05-25-2017 04:23 PM)Sue D. Wrote:  
(05-25-2017 03:08 PM)Herminator Wrote:  Shouldn't people have enough trust in God to leave it to him?

God has given people the medical knowledge / medical research / to know How to perform heart transplants

Erm... NO. That was actually scientists who found that out. There was no god needed for a bunch of atheist scientists to amass all this medical knowledge Wink

(05-25-2017 04:23 PM)Sue D. Wrote:  / the heart is available Only because someone - who is compatable- has died and is an organ donor. And there Are those who Do pray with the heart recipient and For the surgical team that are doing the transplant. And guess what -- the patient Makes it.

And half of the time the patient does not make it... whether people prayed or not. Guess they didn't pray "hard" enough when the patient died.

This is exactly what that big trial was about - finding out if praying helps... and there was conclusive evidence it didn't!

(05-25-2017 04:23 PM)Sue D. Wrote:  As previously mentioned -- God gives us the ability to learn from research being done. Scientific medical research.

Only if it's performed by the "right" scientists... not those pesky scientists that use the same knowledge they use for medical research, to demonstrate biblical stories are nonsense! Big Grin

Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a lot of time making it
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-25-2017, 06:00 PM
(05-25-2017 05:40 PM)Herminator Wrote:  
(05-25-2017 04:11 PM)KAYSER Wrote:  
(05-25-2017 04:03 PM)Herminator Wrote:  
(05-25-2017 03:45 PM)KAYSER Wrote:  I see this is becoming amusing......
let's take an example of your work place since I don't know another god to give an example about.

Is the CEO or owner of the organization going to promote you without you working for it? No
Can he promote you even if you didn't work for it? Yes
Is he going to do the second scenario? No if he is fair

Wrong analogy Smile

Is the CEO going to do his work without you praying for him to do so? I should hope so!
Does the CEO micromanage all his employees? I should hope not!

As I said, I don't know another god to give an example about so, I did my best.

Instead of praying to the boss you can just kiss his a**

Usually works best! Big Grin

(05-25-2017 04:11 PM)KAYSER Wrote:  And yes, some bosses micro manage their employees

Correct, but they never micromanage all
Because they don't have the ability not because they don't want to

Click Here to know more about Islam
05-25-2017, 06:18 PM
(05-25-2017 06:00 PM)KAYSER Wrote:  Because they don't have the ability not because they don't want to

Big Grin

05-25-2017, 06:58 PM
So, what did we conclude? Is it a sin to be ......:!

Click Here to know more about Islam
05-26-2017, 01:47 AM
(05-25-2017 06:58 PM)KAYSER Wrote:  So, what did we conclude? Is it a sin to be ......:!

Only if you don't believe in evolution... there is nothing in the Bible about gay creationists!

05-26-2017, 08:24 AM
(05-25-2017 05:29 PM)PeterPants Wrote:  Big Grin

sue... What exactly were you trying to paint there. The image of a compleately heartless, pure evil mob boss?

No, not be any means. God created this world / the building/ he made it a really beautiful building especially for His people that He created. For a while the people were very happy in it. But the 'boss' gave them a manual to learn and gave them only One restriction. The one basket of fruit was off limits -- but there was Plenty of other fruit around that they Could have any time they wanted it. But there was a 'wanna be boss' who wanted to take over the building. So the 'wanna be' told the people that the one basket was off limits because it was extra special. But it was really okay to eat it - go ahead anyway. So they did -- they ate what was in that One Basket -- and what a mistake That turned out to be. That's when all the trouble started. They started to ignore the manual that the Real owner had given them. They threw it away -- the people became worse and worse -- Evil -- in every area of their lives. Totally out of control. Except for that one family. That one family stuck together- through thick and thin - were there for each other. And when the builder of / owner of the building finally had enough -- he told the one family that he would be destroying the building -- but he gave the family instructions on how to survive the destruction of the building. And they were to share it with everyone. But - No one else was willing to listen. They were given Lots of time to listen and change their ways -- from being So Evil -- to being willing to pick up the owner's manual and read it and start following it Again. But they didn't. So - they ended up being destroyed - except for the family who stuck together and followed / obeyed the owners manual.

Gradually the building was rebuilt -- and the family continued to grow -- their descendents started to disregard the owner's manual Again. But instead of starting over Again -- the owner gives the people warnings and warnings and warnings. Floods, tornadoes, whatever -- to get our attention. And at Some point in the future -- He / God Will take over Himself as owner of the 'building' -- the owner's manual will be discovered again and this time really listened to and obeyed. And this world will be a much better place to live. Just like the Original building that was very beautiful and the owner's manual will be just fine to live by.
05-26-2017, 08:40 AM
(05-26-2017 08:24 AM)Sue D. Wrote:  
(05-25-2017 05:29 PM)PeterPants Wrote:  Big Grin

sue... What exactly were you trying to paint there. The image of a compleately heartless, pure evil mob boss?

No, not be any means. God created this world / the building/ he made it a really beautiful building especially for His people that He created. For a while the people were very happy in it. But the 'boss' gave them a manual to learn and gave them only One restriction. The one basket of fruit was off limits -- but there was Plenty of other fruit around that they Could have any time they wanted it. But there was a 'wanna be boss' who wanted to take over the building. So the 'wanna be' told the people that the one basket was off limits because it was extra special. But it was really okay to eat it - go ahead anyway. So they did -- they ate what was in that One Basket -- and what a mistake That turned out to be. That's when all the trouble started. They started to ignore the manual that the Real owner had given them. They threw it away -- the people became worse and worse -- Evil -- in every area of their lives. Totally out of control. Except for that one family. That one family stuck together- through thick and thin - were there for each other. And when the builder of / owner of the building finally had enough -- he told the one family that he would be destroying the building -- but he gave the family instructions on how to survive the destruction of the building. And they were to share it with everyone. But - No one else was willing to listen. They were given Lots of time to listen and change their ways -- from being So Evil -- to being willing to pick up the owner's manual and read it and start following it Again. But they didn't. So - they ended up being destroyed - except for the family who stuck together and followed / obeyed the owners manual.

Gradually the building was rebuilt -- and the family continued to grow -- their descendents started to disregard the owner's manual Again. But instead of starting over Again -- the owner gives the people warnings and warnings and warnings. Floods, tornadoes, whatever -- to get our attention. And at Some point in the future -- He / God Will take over Himself as owner of the 'building' -- the owner's manual will be discovered again and this time really listened to and obeyed. And this world will be a much better place to live. Just like the Original building that was very beautiful and the owner's manual will be just fine to live by.

Killing innocent babies and children is indeed what mob bosses do... so this particular landlord wasn't any different.

And are you sure the landlord told that one family to start having sex with each other?? Even a mob boss would know that this would kill of everyone within a few generations...

All in all this sounds like an evil landlord Sad

05-26-2017, 09:30 AM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2017 09:32 AM by Caesar Saladin.)
So as a result of Adam and Eve's disobedience to God the rest of Mankind, for all time, must bear their sin? You, and I presume God as well, are aware that under the Geneva Conventions of 1949 collective punishment is specifically forbidden and is deemed to be a war crime?
(05-26-2017 08:40 AM)Herminator Wrote:  And are you sure the landlord told that one family to start having sex with each other??

Well, if it was a really hot family one could make an exception. I have this one cousin who... nvm.

When someone asks "What would Jesus do?" remind them that flipping tables and chasing people with a whip is entirely possible.
06-06-2017, 05:16 AM
God is a scumbag period
06-06-2017, 05:31 AM
(06-06-2017 05:16 AM)Sonny Scott Wrote:  God is a scumbag period

That's maybe a bit too much.... but someone who encourages inbreeding has weird ideas, to say the least Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  My Prayers franszwa 0 246 08-20-2016 09:36 PM
Last Post: franszwa
  Prayers Tilian 23 2,276 03-02-2012 01:43 PM
Last Post: Alison2
  The Prayers of the Unbeliever rocketboy9000 42 5,051 11-17-2011 11:09 PM
Last Post: melonkali
  Question for prayers? Mr. Dick 35 4,446 05-11-2010 10:32 AM
Last Post: thecat654

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)