Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Proof!
06-24-2010, 09:16 AM
Proof!
There is a reoccurring argument that is falsely used by the lost man of the world today against the Christian Community of believers. That is that we use circular logic to arrive at our conclusions and hidden in this statement is the lie that they do not! These false teachers would have everyone to believe that outside of the Bible, there is no reason to believe that Yahweh, God, exists and nothing could be farther from the truth.

There is a book that intimidates Christian and lost man alike, the Baker Encyclopedia of Christian Apologetics. The price is not even a problem if we look for it on line we find a copy at a1books.com for $26.08 at the writing of this article. This work, by Norman Giesler, is the result of forty years of research, on his part. Included is possibly, every extra-biblical reference, available, at this time, to events occurring in the scriptures. There is even documentation for the three hours of night, in the middle of the day, when Jesus was crucified.

The known world, at that time was Europe, Africa and Asia Minor. Both Greek and Roman historians, not present in Israel, recorded the three hour without the Sun making it a "known” world event and not a local event. But I digress!

On the other hand, the believers in Evolution and the Big Bang do exactly what they accuse us of doing. They use their text books to prove that these theories, now remember, please, these are just theories, are the method of creation for the universe and mankind. (Please reread that last sentence slowwwlllyyy! There is no, and I say it with emphasis, no conclusive proof for evolution having ever occurred. What is spoon fed to our young people, as evidence, are examples of fish, butterflies and others adapting to their environment. The Blind Fish is still a fish, he or she just lives in utter dark and does not meed eyes any longer. In the same manor butterflies have demonstrated their ability to adapt to their environment by changing colors, lizards do that every day, here in SE Texas.

And so goes the myth that if man evolved, the universe had it's own origin, independent of God, pure unadulterated Hog Wash! That "belief?” defies everything known in the scientific realm. If you begin with nothing, no matter what you do to it, it remains, nothing. Matter, condensed or expanded, has an origin, God did it!

Christian, get up off your rear end and stand for God!

Atheist, Buddhist, Hindu, Islamic and all the rest of you, study, we will miss you in Heaven if you follow the lies you have chosen.

Bond Servant,
Bill Taylor
Killer Spade 806 CE
1968-'69
vist me @ Basic Christianity
http://th1bill.blogspot.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2010, 09:23 AM
RE: Proof!
Oh billy, there is absolutely MOUNTAINS of evidence to support evolution, LITERALY MOUNTAINS................do get over the Adam & Eve thing. Where are the dinosaurs that Noah saved.............Smile

????????????????
Find all posts by this user
06-24-2010, 10:15 AM
(06-24-2010 09:23 AM)kevlar Wrote:  Oh billy, there is absolutely MOUNTAINS of evidence to support evolution, LITERALY MOUNTAINS................do get over the Adam & Eve thing. Where are the dinosaurs that Noah saved.............Smile

Hey kev, don't bother. When someone has taken a snapshot of what they believe, and glued it to the virtual corneas of their intellect, they can't see anything else. Mountains of facts don't matter if they won't be acknowledged.

As Homer Simpson once said, "Facts are useless, they can be used to prove anything."
06-24-2010, 10:29 AM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2010 10:31 AM by kevlar.)
Unfair digi.....................quoting my GOD like that.............Smile
Lowblow......................Wink

????????????????
06-24-2010, 04:12 PM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2010 04:14 PM by th1bill.)
(06-24-2010 09:23 AM)kevlar Wrote:  Oh billy, there is absolutely MOUNTAINS of evidence to support evolution, LITERALY MOUNTAINS................do get over the Adam & Eve thing. Where are the dinosaurs that Noah saved.............:)

And there you have it folks! Obviously he ether did not have the time to read the post or he did not comprehend what was stated and imply or he is intentionally stupid. Please, let's begin a pole to determine what is true. Our claims, true or false are just as valid as his and when he can validate all of science without anything more than his say so, surely the consensus of a few honest and forthright individuals should weigh at least as heavy on the minds of men.
(06-24-2010 10:15 AM)digipixel Wrote:  
(06-24-2010 09:23 AM)kevlar Wrote:  Oh billy, there is absolutely MOUNTAINS of evidence to support evolution, LITERALY MOUNTAINS................do get over the Adam & Eve thing. Where are the dinosaurs that Noah saved.............:)

Hey kev, don't bother. When someone has taken a snapshot of what they believe, and glued it to the virtual corneas of their intellect, they can't see anything else. Mountains of facts don't matter if they won't be acknowledged.

As Homer Simpson once said, "Facts are useless, they can be used to prove anything."

and you cao put up what he has not?

Bond Servant,
Bill Taylor
Killer Spade 806 CE
1968-'69
vist me @ Basic Christianity
http://th1bill.blogspot.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-24-2010, 06:58 PM
(06-24-2010 09:16 AM)th1bill Wrote:  These false teachers would have everyone to believe that outside of the Bible, there is no reason to believe that Yahweh, God, exists and nothing could be farther from the truth.

There is a book that intimidates Christian and lost man alike, the Baker Encyclopedia of Christian Apologetics. The price is not even a problem if we look for it on line we find a copy at a1books.com for $26.08 at the writing of this article. This work, by Norman Giesler, is the result of forty years of research, on his part. Included is possibly, every extra-biblical reference, available, at this time, to events occurring in the scriptures.

Since I, and many others here don't have the book you speak of, can you tell us what proof it presents that shows God exists? As far as I can determine, the Bible itself doesn't offer any evidence for the existence of God; it is simply a basic assumption. It appears one must first accept the existence of God before the Bible can have any meaning.

---------------
Not selling anything.
06-25-2010, 10:17 AM

????????????????
06-25-2010, 10:54 AM
(06-24-2010 04:12 PM)th1bill Wrote:  
(06-24-2010 09:23 AM)kevlar Wrote:  Oh billy, there is absolutely MOUNTAINS of evidence to support evolution, LITERALY MOUNTAINS................do get over the Adam & Eve thing. Where are the dinosaurs that Noah saved.............Smile

And there you have it folks! Obviously he ether did not have the time to read the post or he did not comprehend what was stated and imply or he is intentionally stupid. Please, let's begin a pole to determine what is true. Our claims, true or false are just as valid as his and when he can validate all of science without anything more than his say so, surely the consensus of a few honest and forthright individuals should weigh at least as heavy on the minds of men.
(06-24-2010 10:15 AM)digipixel Wrote:  

and you cao put up what he has not?

Sorry Bill, I'm not exactly sure I understand the point of your last comment.

And I really don't see the difference between the claims you are making, and kevlar's.

You claim the scriptures are true and inerrant because they say they are. But if we take any number of books on biology that explain the concept of evolution, and even give some basic example of how the concept of adaptation works, then you say nothing is proven.

The difference is, science is self correcting. Poorly so at times, but it eventually happens through peer review, and challenges with alternate theories. Black holes, the big bang, evolution - all of the theories are constantly being tested, retested, re-examined, debunked, etc. Eventually, they will either be proven, or disproven. We know we don't fully comprehend them so we keep turning things over and over trying to figure it all out. It may be years, decades, or centuries, before we get it right.

But that's the difference between religion and science, isn't it. A book (the Bible, the Torah, the Quran) is handed down to us that is centuries old, written by men who are long since dead, but we're not allowed to question it. Some even say that intrepretation is wrong and that scripture must be taken at face value.

If we believe in God (and I do - just not the Christian one) one of the characteristics of God himself must be intelligence. And if God made man in His image (sorry kevlar, but humor me), I believe one of the most (if not the most) important tools that God gave man is a reflection of that intelligence (that, and perhaps opposable thumbs).

Given the disagreement amongst the worlds religions on who is right and wrong, what it true and what it not, IMHO it seems illogical to me that God expects man to turn off his intellect and blindly accept one version of the truth over another, or to stop questioning and seaching for answers, or to kill each other when one group disagrees with another.

Whether I am right or wrong, I have no clue and I admit that, but for someone else to say that they absolutely are right and everyone else is wrong, to me is just crazy talk.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)