Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in the bible ?
01-14-2010, 04:20 AM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2010 04:25 AM by derprinz.)
Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in the bible ?
The Prophet Like Unto Moses
"I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren,
like unto thee,
and I will put my words in his mouth;
and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him." Deut.18:18.
The Prophet Like Unto Moses ?
[Image: sanstitreresize.png]

Words in the Mouth
For twenty-three years, God's words (the Qur'an) were truely put into Muhammad's mouth. He was not the "author" of the Qur'an. The Qur'an was dictated to him by Angel Gabriel who asked Muhammad to simply repeat the words of the Qur'an as he heard them.
The words (revelation) were actually put into his mouth, exactly as foretold in the prophecy under discusiion: 'AND I WILL PUT MY WORDS IN HIS MOUTH.'(Deut. 18:18).

Un-lettered Prophet ?
"AND THE BOOK IS DELIVERED TO HIM THAT IS NOT LEARNED, SAYING, READ THIS I PRAY THEE: AND HE SAITH, I AM NOT LEARNED." (Isaiah 29:12)
("I am not learned." is the exact translation of the Arabic words which Muhummed uttered twice to the Holy Ghose - the Archangel Gabriel, when he was commanded : "READ!")

i wish i have more time to spend here on the forum
but ...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-14-2010, 05:57 AM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2010 06:08 AM by Phill.)
RE: Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) in the bible ?
A copy of from another post of mine below

This verse is another in which Muslims claim refers to Mohammad as a forthcoming Prophet. They rely on the word "BRETHREN" as a sign that it must refer to Mohammad. They assume that because Mohammad is alledgedly a descendant of Ishmael who is first son of Abraham, then Mohammad qualifies as a brother to the Israelites. This is not so. Lets have a look at the term BRETHREN in Deuteronomy. So, digging deeper into the contexts of how "brethren" is used start with the book of Deuteronomy. The first clue to the context of "brethren" is from the purpose of the book of Deuteronomy itself. The name Deuteronomy means 'copy of the law'; the law for who? - the Israelites, no one else. This book was given specifically to the Israelites, it was Moses' farewell address to them. A large part of it was a review of the laws between God and the Israelites, and its reading was to prepare them to enter into the promised land.

If you look at the whole chapter of 18 of Deuteronomy it's heading is "Offerings for Priests and Levites". It is about the Priests and Levites and the twelve tribes of Israel (Jacob). It's saying that God will raise up among them (Brethren) ie (twelve tribes of Israel) a Prophet.

If this verse is about Mohammad then Mohammad is a full blood Jew (Israelite). Which we all clearly know is not correct.

Again we see Muslims using one part of a chapter to say Mohammad is a prophet mentioned in the bible. Isaiah is saying that te people are blinded as if they cant read or making excuses why he cant read.

How foolish You must be to paste this stuff. Next time paste the whole chapter. Maybe once you read the whole chapter you will understand it's true meaning.
01-14-2010, 10:30 AM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2010 10:33 AM by Zagreus.)
Derprinz, I know you've been away for a bit, but you need to read the new rules on posting things cut and pasted from elsewhere. Whilst this may start a conversation, it's best to be careful.

Here's what I'm referring to:

(01-12-2010 03:36 PM)Parousia Wrote:  A major cleanup of inappropriate posts has just been performed.

Posts deleted included those that consisted primarily or exclusively of ‘cut and pastes’ and/or long lists of links with no meaningful commentary and which did not elicit any meaningful responses. This is spamming and is against the rules for this site.

Posts that consisted mainly of a small number of links that are likely to be of interest to the readers of the particular forum were NOT deleted.

A one time only ‘amnesty’ policy was in effect for this cleanup. No Warnings were issued and Warning percentages were not affected. THIS WAS A ONE TIME EXEMPTION FROM NORMAL POLICY. Beginning now, members who spam or who otherwise post or act in violation of the rules will receive Warnings. Multiple violations will receive multiple Warnings with cumulative percentages. In extreme cases, the member will be banned.
01-14-2010, 11:01 AM
(01-14-2010 10:30 AM)Zagreus Wrote:  Derprinz, I know you've been away for a bit, but you need to read the new rules on posting things cut and pasted from elsewhere. Whilst this may start a conversation, it's best to be careful.

I did not even recoignize that as a copy/paste. Since it fit in with an existing discussion and has engendered further discussion, I will let it be. The great majority of things deleted were out of the blue postings not embedded in existing discussions. It was the distraction from other current postings, in the various modes of listing them, that was most problematic. As God Rocks noted in a conversation we had, what constitutes spamming is a matter of judgment.

So having previously used a blunderbuss, I will now switch to a target pistol. Big Grin
01-14-2010, 12:28 PM
(01-14-2010 11:01 AM)Parousia Wrote:  I did not even recoignize that as a copy/paste.

Derprinz doesn't use captial letters. Muslims also tend not to write 'Gabriel' (I've been watching my Jeremy Bretts again!)

(01-14-2010 11:01 AM)Parousia Wrote:  So having previously used a blunderbuss, I will now switch to a target pistol. Big Grin

That made me smile.

Anyway, back onto topic. I don't think that this at all shows Muhammad in the Old Testament. It is not specific enough. Just because it says 'prophet', that does not necessarily mean Muhammad, and nor does 'book' necessarily mean the Qur'an. I could quite easily say the same thing about one of my favourites: AC. Wink
01-14-2010, 12:32 PM
Muhammed (peanut butter be upon him) is no more mentioned in the Old Testament than Jesus is. The prophecies that supposedly lead to both are horribly vague and often misquoted out of context.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
01-14-2010, 03:47 PM
(01-14-2010 12:32 PM)GTseng3 Wrote:  Muhammed (peanut butter be upon him) is no more mentioned in the Old Testament than Jesus is. The prophecies that supposedly lead to both are horribly vague and often misquoted out of context.

So you mean Jesus is mentioned by name in OT? can you show please verse?
And please, be civilized next time, it will just show where you from and got your teachings, no muslim will write bad thing, as good morals are being taught in Islam, but whatyou are showing, is just what your religion teaches you.
01-14-2010, 04:03 PM
The last time I checked , GT I believe is an Athiest ??. Please correct me if i'm wrong GT and apologies if I am.
01-14-2010, 06:07 PM
No, no, what I meant is that neither Jesus nor Muhammed (Pizza Bread Upon Him) are mentioned in the Old Testament. Both require severe misquoting, misinterpretation, and sometimes outright fiction to be in the Old Testament. The few verses that are legitimate prophecies which either one fulfills are so vague that almost anyone could fulfill them.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
01-14-2010, 07:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-14-2010 07:25 PM by Ahmadi.)
I would also suggest to try the converse of the logic that has been preached so far. The logic is that the reference to Muhammad is vague and not precise. What I mean is that try to find references about Newton, Einstein, Obama, Bush, Gandhi or anyone of your liking in the Bible and see how much more vague those would be compared to what Muslims have to claim for Muhammad. After all Einstein was the man of the century in Time magazine and Gandhi was second in that theme. They should have some claim in the Bible. Why do Muslims get lucky on so many different counts? There are countless Christian and some Hindu writers writing positively of Muslim's prophet and of their scripture and now Muhammad is also mentioned in the Bible, even if vaguely. Why does he get so lucky on so many different counts?

First here is the Gospel of John:

The Holy Prophet testified to the truth of Jesus as a divine and honored Teacher and Prophet, and declared them mistaken and misguided who thought him accursed. The Holy Quran described his teachings as "guidance and light ."Further elaborating the same prophecy, Jesus said:

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will sent him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment. ... I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. How be it when he, the Spirit of truth is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak.. and he will show you things to come. He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall show it unto you. (John 16:7-14)

This prophecy clearly lays down that:

The Comforter will come after the departure of Jesus.
When the Comforter comes, he will reprove the world of sin, truth and justice.
He will guide the world into all truth.
The book revealed to him will contain no human word.
He will foretell things to come.
He will glorify Jesus and clear him of all charges.

Now when we take this prophecy point by point, it is unmistakably proven that it applies to none else but the Holy Prophet Muhammad. He came after Jesus. The Comforter was supposed to reprove the followers of Jesus. Obviously, he could not be a Christian or a Jew .The prophecy must relate to one who would belong to another people but should respect Jesus and promote reverence for him. The Holy Prophet was neither Jew nor a Christian. He was an Ishmaelite. But he defended the honor of Jesus.

Now some links, the mention of Muhammad in the Bible, claimed not to be in one or two instances but severals:

http://www.alislam.org/books/in-bible/index.html
http://www.alislam.org/library/books/muh...e/MITB.pdf
http://www.alislam.org/library/links/Bib...phecy.html
http://knol.google.com/k/zia-shah/ishmae...umbuyp/12#

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Could Muhammad have been a prophet Ahmadi 46 5,568 01-24-2010 07:39 PM
Last Post: Ahmadi
Exclamation Prophet Jesus: A prophet, Not A Son Of God- Full Text Book ahmetsecer 2 926 01-02-2010 03:25 PM
Last Post: Parousia

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)