Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Purgatory
11-14-2008, 06:48 PM
Purgatory
Does anyone believe in purgatory.

I know many non-Catholics will not ever believe in purgatory.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-14-2008, 08:00 PM
RE: Purgatory
One is either guilty (Hell) or pardoned (Heaven).
11-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Purgatory is the place where a soul would go if if it is neither evil nor truly good.

One would get "purged", hence the name purgatory.

We walk by faith, not by sight.
--2 Corinthians v. 7.
11-14-2008, 08:18 PM
All people are inherently evil. We can only be saved through God's Amazing Grace.
11-18-2008, 11:46 AM
SamNara Wrote:Purgatory is the place where a soul would go if if it is neither evil nor truly good.

One would get "purged", hence the name purgatory.

Wrong.

Purgatory is the place where the souls of the saved-yet-not-perfect go to purify themselves. This purging is the removal of those things which keep a soul attatched to earthly desires. Once purified in love and grace the soul is allowed entrance into heaven.

Neutral people by their works alone cannot be saved, it requires faith in Christ.

Simply pardoning someone does not remove from them those human habits that are not grounded in love of God and neighbor. By practicing the virtues-which are nothing more than forms of love-we build habits upon habits which prepare us for our encounter with Christ. Purgatory is God's mercy for those who are saved but have not fully practiced those forms of love.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing..."-Darth Vader
Find all posts by this user
11-18-2008, 03:15 PM
The Grey Pilgrim Wrote:Neutral people by their works alone cannot be saved, it requires faith in Christ.

What about good people? Will there works alone save them without faith in Christ? Or, in your view, is it impossible to be "good" without faith in Christ?

If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
11-18-2008, 11:33 PM
They will not be saved.
11-19-2008, 04:05 AM
What kind of god punishes the innocent who acheive the great, why punish a man who saves people or performs other good deeds just because he doesn't see eye to eye with you. Face it the god you envisage would have to be a bit of a jerk to do that!

my atheism is just like your religion
only i subtract 1 one more god
11-19-2008, 01:15 PM
without Jesus ,your leader is satan,so the good that you do doesn,t count.you can work your has hard as you want,but unless you have Jesus your a dead man walking.

Good evil salvation
11-19-2008, 03:42 PM
smellycat Wrote:without Jesus ,your leader is satan,so the good that you do doesn,t count.you can work your has hard as you want,but unless you have Jesus your a dead man walking.

So a god full of love and forgiveness refuses to acknowledge any good by someone simply because they lack one belief? In my opinion, such a self-serving narcissistic god is not worth worshiping.

Hail Satan! Wink

If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)