Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Purgatory
11-19-2008, 06:24 PM
RE: Purgatory
nope if your with satan you can comfort the sick which he has made,all your life.he caused cancer,so you can help people through this,he created diseases,so you can help people through this.but in the end your only trying to help satan cure satan,s work.if you can,t see this you are blind or never read the bible,all our diseases etc are caused by satan.hope you like your evil boss.

Good evil salvation
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-19-2008, 08:39 PM
You're wrong!
Purging also means where the soul get purified from any sort of sin.
The Grey Pilgrim Wrote:
SamNara Wrote:Purgatory is the place where a soul would go if if it is neither evil nor truly good.

One would get "purged", hence the name purgatory.

Wrong.

Purgatory is the place where the souls of the saved-yet-not-perfect go to purify themselves. This purging is the removal of those things which keep a soul attached to earthly desires. Once purified in love and grace the soul is allowed entrance into heaven.

Neutral people by their works alone cannot be saved, it requires faith in Christ.

Simply pardoning someone does not remove from them those human habits that are not grounded in love of God and neighbor. By practicing the virtues-which are nothing more than forms of love-we build habits upon habits which prepare us for our encounter with Christ. Purgatory is God's mercy for those who are saved but have not fully practiced those forms of love.

We walk by faith, not by sight.
--2 Corinthians v. 7.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-20-2008, 09:10 AM
smellycat Wrote:nope if your with satan you can comfort the sick which he has made,all your life.he caused cancer,so you can help people through this,he created diseases,so you can help people through this.but in the end your only trying to help satan cure satan,s work.if you can,t see this you are blind or never read the bible,all our diseases etc are caused by satan.hope you like your evil boss.

And all this time I thought diseases were primarily caused by viruses and bacteria. Since they're caused by Satan, maybe if we just ask really nice your omnipotent god will get rid of all those. Rolleyes

If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
11-20-2008, 11:54 AM
they are caused because we listened to satan instead of God,we moved from light into dark.fortunately God sent his son to save all humanity.satan does not like that.so calls Jesus and God at every opportunity.no smoke without fire rubbish.unfortunately humans think they know it all.

Good evil salvation
11-20-2008, 12:36 PM
smellycat Wrote:they are caused because we listened to satan instead of God,we moved from light into dark.fortunately God sent his son to save all humanity.satan does not like that.so calls Jesus and God at every opportunity.no smoke without fire rubbish.unfortunately humans think they know it all.

Interesting way to put it. Historically, the time in which religious zealotry and control was at it's apex is referred to as the Dark Ages. And the re-emergence of critical thinking, rational thought, and science is referred to as the Renaissance, which literally translates to "a renewal of life, vigor, interest, etc.; rebirth; revival."

Also, the only humans I've met that think they know it all are those of faith. Unlike religion, science does not make absolute claims, and is willing to modify their theories when sufficient evidence exists to do so. When was the last time your religion amended it's beliefs?

11-20-2008, 05:14 PM
Damien, smellycat and PC are wrong. Ultimately we don't know who Christ will choose to redeem or not. My faith allows God to act outside our limited knowledge and to trust in Him that He knows what He is doing. If He does choose to redeem someone who has never heard of Him yet lives a life according to the Natural Law written in the human heart by God that person becomes a law unto themselves and their conscience will bear witness to them and may even acquit them on the day of judgement(If PC and smellycat want to see this from scripture read Romans 2:14-16).

What I was simply stating is that we do not know of a more surer way of being saved than by faith in Christ. It may be possible to "live a good life", but due to man's fallen nature it's almost impossible.

PC and smellycat: Anyone who claims to have sovereignty over deciding who goes to hell and who doesn't is committing the sin of pride by usurping an authority reserved by God alone. We cannot judge the destiny of another human soul because we are not God and we cannot see all ends. Even Damien one day may have that heart of his opened to God. If its happens that will be a glorious day indeed. But until then I will continue to pray.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing..."-Darth Vader
11-20-2008, 05:47 PM
The Grey Pilgrim Wrote:Damien, smellycat and PC are wrong.
Wait...what did I get wrong? My comments were based entirely off of some other posts.

The Grey Pilgrim Wrote:Ultimately we don't know who Christ will choose to redeem or not. My faith allows God to act outside our limited knowledge and to trust in Him that He knows what He is doing. If He does choose to redeem someone who has never heard of Him yet lives a life according to the Natural Law written in the human heart by God that person becomes a law unto themselves and their conscience will bear witness to them and may even acquit them on the day of judgement(If PC and smellycat want to see this from scripture read Romans 2:14-16).
See, this is mostly reasonable. It's good to know that if your interpretation of god exists, then I still have a chance of heaven (still probably screwed though Smile). But what about people that *have* heard of him. Still a chance there? Oh, and the passages you quoted refer to gentiles...so are Jews screwed regardless? Why does everyone pick on the Jews? Wink

The Grey Pilgrim Wrote:What I was simply stating is that we do not know of a more surer way of being saved than by faith in Christ. It may be possible to "live a good life", but due to man's fallen nature it's almost impossible.
That's not quite true. *We*, in the collective sense, *know* no such thing. Christians *believe* it, but there are so many other belief systems, and lack thereof, that do not believe it, that you can't really say "we know". Additionally, the proclamation that man is inherently "fallen" is a bit pessimistic, isn't it?

The Grey Pilgrim Wrote:PC and smellycat: Anyone who claims to have sovereignty over deciding who goes to hell and who doesn't is committing the sin of pride by usurping an authority reserved by God alone. We cannot judge the destiny of another human soul because we are not God and we cannot see all ends. Even Damien one day may have that heart of his opened to God. If its happens that will be a glorious day indeed. But until then I will continue to pray.
I'm surprised...some of your statements regarding right and wrong seem awfully judgmental. Unless I witness a miracle first hand or God writes The Bible v. 2.0...I wouldn't count on a conversion anytime soon. Thanks for the prayers though! Smile

11-20-2008, 07:56 PM
i have no idea who will be saved or not on there actions in life,but i do know Jesus said you will be saved if you repent your sins.now Jesus delves into all hearts so knows you extremely well,can,t pull wool over his eyes.

Good evil salvation
11-23-2008, 03:06 PM
damian.hoffman Wrote:
The Grey Pilgrim Wrote:Ultimately we don't know who Christ will choose to redeem or not. My faith allows God to act outside our limited knowledge and to trust in Him that He knows what He is doing. If He does choose to redeem someone who has never heard of Him yet lives a life according to the Natural Law written in the human heart by God that person becomes a law unto themselves and their conscience will bear witness to them and may even acquit them on the day of judgement(If PC and smellycat want to see this from scripture read Romans 2:14-16).
See, this is mostly reasonable. It's good to know that if your interpretation of god exists, then I still have a chance of heaven (still probably screwed though Smile). But what about people that *have* heard of him. Still a chance there? Oh, and the passages you quoted refer to gentiles...so are Jews screwed regardless? Why does everyone pick on the Jews? Wink

People who have heard and reject the good news bring the judgement against themselves. The love of the God who is reality itself is there for the taking. Anyone who rejects this love rejects it at their own peril.

Romans chapters 9 & 11 speak of God's call to the Jews as irrevocable. They are the chosen people and I am one of their brothers. Anyone who takes scripture out of context to condemn any Jew is guilty of spiritual ignorance.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing..."-Darth Vader
11-23-2008, 10:24 PM
"So a god full of love and forgiveness refuses to acknowledge any good by someone simply because they lack one belief? In my opinion, such a self-serving narcissistic god is not worth worshiping.

Hail Satan! "

So you choose to worship a narcissistic, self-serving, un-loving, evil demon? That makes sense how?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)