Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Putting people off Christianity
04-19-2017, 02:54 AM
Putting people off Christianity
Christianity is the faith with which I am familiar having been a Christian as a young person. Therefore I know a lot of Christians, my own three daughters are of the faith. As children my husband and I left them to make up their own minds about religion. My girls, including the eldest who is an Anglican Priest, are those whom I would describe as good, decent people they bring joy into people's lives. Fortunately they are not Biblical literalists, they seek to live there lives based on the good bits that can be found in that book.

Sadly there a other Christians, including many whom I have come across on forums, who rant and rave about their faith in a very unpleasant manner. They tend to be Biblical literalists of the, 'you must be 'saved', or else, ilk'. Many of those I have come across in real life don't do anything to help others they think they will get into heaven just by forcing their views on faith down the throats of others. I have also come across a good number of these oh so holy Christians whose private lives don't bear scrutiny.

In my opinion, a person should be judged by their deeds not their faith.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-19-2017, 02:58 AM
RE: Putting people off Christianity
Quote:As children my husband and I left them to make up their own minds about religion.

omg! you had babies as a child? Tongue

I agree, many people tend to pull themselves up by their faith, this is by no means only a Christian thing. It is however and easy thing, i think thats why it happens so much.

~~~

when we enter a discussion on matters of discordance, we should search for truth not victory, In this manner we always win, there are no losers.
04-20-2017, 09:41 PM
RE: Putting people off Christianity
(04-19-2017 02:54 AM)Goldenrain Wrote:  Christianity is the faith with which I am familiar having been a Christian as a young person. Therefore I know a lot of Christians, my own three daughters are of the faith. As children my husband and I left them to make up their own minds about religion. My girls, including the eldest who is an Anglican Priest, are those whom I would describe as good, decent people they bring joy into people's lives. Fortunately they are not Biblical literalists, they seek to live there lives based on the good bits that can be found in that book.

Sadly there a other Christians, including many whom I have come across on forums, who rant and rave about their faith in a very unpleasant manner. They tend to be Biblical literalists of the, 'you must be 'saved', or else, ilk'. Many of those I have come across in real life don't do anything to help others they think they will get into heaven just by forcing their views on faith down the throats of others. I have also come across a good number of these oh so holy Christians whose private lives don't bear scrutiny.

In my opinion, a person should be judged by their deeds not their faith.

You can put people off of Christianity, by changing their religious beliefs back to the basics that Jesus (Yahshua) taught his followers according to the writings of the NT Greek Bible. Yahshua however never used the NT Bible and he himself was of course, never a Christian. Yahshua was a "Yahwist" a believer in YHWH the Almighty Sovereign Life-Force essence that is revealed in the Hebrew Bible. This Almighty Creator was never and is not a Trinity.

Man-made religions are made complicated in order to develop control by the few over the masses. The true religious belief of the Hebrew Bible is very simple, and always very logical.

Visit this site and find answers that make sense from the Hebrew Bible:

http://assemblyoftrueisrael.com/Document...ianity.pdf

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The Standards of Good (Kind) People and Bad (Evil) People ivysunday 7 314 07-06-2017 02:24 AM
Last Post: ivysunday
  Putting aside our differences. IronandDice 11 2,796 01-15-2011 09:43 AM
Last Post: NoStance
  I'm putting The Word on ignore. Who's with me? StarStuff 39 4,018 10-18-2010 08:48 PM
Last Post: biomystic

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)