Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Qolsharif mosque... Kazan, Tatarstan (Russia)
03-22-2010, 01:53 AM
Qolsharif mosque... Kazan, Tatarstan (Russia)
what is your opinion bout this mosque?

[Image: 4432531230_878eb0c300_o.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-22-2010, 06:23 AM
RE: Qolsharif mosque... Kazan, Tatarstan (Russia)
Muslim minarets are phallic symbols symbolic of Islam's distinct male supremacy in religious and social matters. This one's got quite a few.
03-22-2010, 07:43 AM
how is that bio
that is not for men
03-22-2010, 08:10 AM
To me it looks very beautiful--not unlike many of the Orthodox Churches in Russia.

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/ --- http://www.ntwrightpage.com/
03-22-2010, 08:40 AM
I'm with you on this one Stereo. That is simply stunning, STUNNING>

????????????????
03-22-2010, 03:07 PM
(03-22-2010 08:10 AM)Stereophonic Wrote:  To me it looks very beautiful--not unlike many of the Orthodox Churches in Russia.

yes, it is beatiful... but it is not exactly a Russian mosque... it is a Tatar mosque

Tatars are a minorty ethic group of Russia, they are muslims, they are a Turkic people (they are not Turks... but they are family of Turks)

Tatars had a great islamic nation in the today region of Tatarstan (in Russia), but when Russia invaded it, they destroyed the first Qulsharif mosque, and tried to convert Tatars to orthodox church (during Sovietic rule, they tried to convert tatars to atheism)

but, I think that they hava failed... because the most practiced religion in tatarstan is islam... Tatars has not left islam... and some Russians have converted to islam in Tatarstan
03-22-2010, 03:11 PM
(03-22-2010 03:07 PM)CAMILO9015 Wrote:  ...when Russia invaded it, they destroyed the first Qulsharif mosque, and tried to convert Tatars to orthodox church (during Sovietic rule, they tried to convert tatars to atheism)...

Yes, the Communists did the same sort of things to Catholics and Protestants. The KGB also inflitrated the Russian Orthodox church and started many quarrels with non-Orthodox churches.

In the end, Christianity survived while communism collapsed.

http://www.biblicaltraining.org/ --- http://www.ntwrightpage.com/
03-22-2010, 03:36 PM
Not a bad looking building...but they still put the pagan symbol of the crescent moon on top of them
03-22-2010, 04:26 PM
(03-22-2010 07:43 AM)muslim girl Wrote:  how is that bio
that is not for men

How is what, muslim girl? Islam is for men primarily or otherwise women would be prominent in Muslim religious authority and they aren't at all. I see that God puts in little telltale "signs" into our religious traditions that often contain spiritual truths not acknowledged in the religious traditions. E.g. minarets and swords, knives, guns and rockets as phallic symbols. When I see a mosque in the shape of two rounded domes I will know Islam has advanced..Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Mosque Services Curst Saden 1 620 11-24-2015 09:07 AM
Last Post: muhammad_isa
  How frequently do Muslims go to the mosque? Stonecold 12 30,993 06-15-2011 03:18 PM
Last Post: Abu Rashid
  Taking pictures in a mosque Stonecold 2 3,104 02-26-2011 02:58 AM
Last Post: Stonecold
  Direction of the Qiblas for the three oldest Mosque's Phill 19 3,934 10-26-2010 07:01 AM
Last Post: Zagreus
  My take on the Babri Mosque in India: Was Raam another human god like Jesus Christ? Ahmadi 2 1,017 09-30-2010 12:37 PM
Last Post: Ahmadi

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)