Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quantum mechanics / E=mc2
05-03-2010, 11:41 PM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2010 11:46 PM by prdamico.)
Quantum mechanics / E=mc2
I will keep this simple. Scientists and religious leaders like to keep things complicated to make you think they know what is going on...LOL

Quantum Mechanics in a nut shell is basically this: On the atomic and subatomic levels it is impossible to know a particles position and momentum, in other words you can find out one but not the other. Basically they are constantly moving about. This theory of improbabilities contradicts E=mc2 because with e=mc2 you knew the exact position of the object and could know it's exact energy based upon it's speed. With quantum mechanics you can never know both for atomic or subatomic particles. Most people say how can this be, 2 different laws for two different levels of matter. Well it is simple if you think about it.

You all know what a baseball looks like, well a baseball of course is solid inside ( well not really but compacted enough ), and a base ball is made up of billions of atomic and subatomic particles constantly moving around in chaotic patterns. Think of a bingo machine shaped like a baseball and turn it on a watch the bingo balls bounce all over the place. This is what is happening inside the baseball on the atomic and subatomic level, only the particles stay within the baseball and the baseball keeps the form of a baseball.

Now people say that quantum mechanics does away with E=mc2. but does it really ? does not the baseball still follow the laws of gravity, can you still not find out how much energy the baseball has going 90 mph, using e-mc2 ? does not the baseball have to follow every single law of physics ? yes it does. It does not matter that the atomic and subatomic particles are moving all over the place like crazy, the baseball still acts like a baseball.

The same is true of a rock sitting on the ground, even though the billions of atomic and subatomic particles that make up the rock are moving around all over the place like crazy, the rock itself does not move, unless it is moved by another force. The rock or the baseball are not going to get up and start bouncing around all by themselves.

And it could be as simple as we JUST DON'T have the technology to accurately measure atomic and subatomic particles yet, and even if it turns out that after it is all said and done that the atomic and subatomic particles do constantly shift positions, so what, the rock still does not move on its own, and either will the baseball, whatever binds the rock and baseball and anything else for that matter, when it is all said and done that grouping of billions of particles does follow the laws of nature.

Planets still follow orbits, water is still water, a rock just sits there, and even though the rules appear to be different on these two levels of existence, it still does not change the way grouping of matter behave, because as soon as the collection of atomic and subatomic particles reaches a certain size, that creation now has to follow a different set of rules.

if this were not the case, rocks alone would be just bouncing around all over the place.

of course no matter what scientists tell you is possible, I have heard one Prominent scientist talking about quantum mechanics state that it could be "possible" for matter on earth to shift to mars, and then shift back to earth and no one would ever notice ( Ok, I want what he is smoking,,,,,and you know why no one would ever notice, BECAUSE it never would happen, ;-) NEVER in the history of human beings, has all the rocks on the planet started to jump around and bounce around all over the place. This might happen on the atomic and subatomic, but as we have already discussed with the baseball once the matter gains a certain size it follows the laws of nature. So...

Either not all matter follows the same laws on all levels

OR

We just have not developed the technology to accurately detect both the position and momentum of atomic and subatomic particles.

because even though the billions of atomic and subatomic particles are bouncing around inside like crazy, when I wake up in the morning the baseball is still gonna be sitting on the floor by my bed....and it didn't move at all, not once.........

Just a thought
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2010, 11:10 PM
RE: Quantum mechanics / E=mc2
Your discussion of quantum mechanics is interesting, and I agree that quantum mechanics can't explain everything.

Quantum mechanics is good for explaining situations where gravity is negligible. For example, quantum mechanics does a good job of describing the behavior of subatomic particles, since gravity is negligible inside an atom.

Nevertheless, quantum mechanics falls short in explaining situations involving gravity. Situations involving gravity can better be explained by Newton's laws of motion.

First Law: An object at rest stays at rest, or if it's in motion stays in motion with speed and direction unchanged unless acted upon by a physical force.

Second Law: An object will accelerate according to the magnitude of the physical force applied to it.

Third Law: For every action there's an equal reaction.

Another difference is that quantum mechanics deals with probabilities, whereas Newton's laws of motion deal with certainties.

Let's apply this to everyday life.

The world of mental thoughts doesn't involve gravity and what you think may or may not come into fruition. Quantum mechanics would probably work well in explaining this situation.

The world of physical action involves gravity and if you get off your butt and do something, it'll certainly happen. Newton's laws of motion would probably work well in explaining this situation.

Every evening I turn my worries over to God.
He's going to be up all night anyway.
~Mary C. Crowley
05-23-2010, 10:44 AM (This post was last modified: 05-23-2010 10:53 AM by azurescen.)
I have an interesting point to add into here.

The speed of light is needed to be known to understand energy. Energy helps us understand our relation to the sub-atomic playing field.

Ever hear about a great attractor in the center of all the galaxies in which galaxies actually move faster than anything known to man?

So....we have billions of galaxies rotating around something so huge it takes up half the planets sky, when seen in some sort of a telescope(x-ray/something like that) These are moving faster than the planets around the sun, the sun is rotating around the center of the galaxy. Ok. so a planet, or even better, the moon. Lets look at the moon in THis small mess of rotation.

The moon we will say is traveling truly faster than we can, and yet its stationary to us. We'll say this because there is the moon, its traveling around the earth, fairly fast once a day...The earth is traveling around the sun, once a year. The sun around the center of the galaxy, once, in billions of years??? probably more but, hey, its more than 100 billion lightyears across the galaxy, soo...thats pretty fast...ok. Now just at this level you have to understand that the moon is moving at a combined speed, at least when it is going proportional to the direction of everything else. Ok, that has to be extremely fast.

NOW, we got to the galactic level and say that galaxies are rotating around the great attractor. They say that galaxies are going faster than anything we know. Well, that is just to say that that is only at the level of the 1st great attractor. There are great attractors that go beyond the great attractor(bigger than the billions of galaxies rotating around it)

Ok....well, since there is a greater attractor that great attractors rotate around. Whos to say there isn't still greater and greater attractors, up to maybe a greatest attractor which would be the center of the universe that is rotating around itself.
Great Attractor

Now, at this we have a contradiction to what is known about the universe, most important the big bang. The presence of great attractors basically puts the big bang in the probability of impossibility. Unless the universe somehow organized monstrous great attractors for the galaxies to combine next to and flow around, seemingly magically after the big bang. There is no way that anything is truly moving outwards, in other words the big bang is put to sleep with this theory, in the event of causation, and not creation. Everything in the universe is rotating, the great attractors and greater attractors, the possibility of an even more Enormous Center. How could there be a big bang where everything suddenly got set up in this enormous rotation pattern.

And on another note, How fast exactly is the moon moving, when the galaxies are moving the fastest of anything. The possibility that the great attractors are moving even faster is more probable, and to think of that going much further than a few greater attractors leaves the possibility that we are in fact, even as material objects, moving at the speed of light more actual.

To think that we have sub-atomic particles as well rotating at fast speeds. and these are broken down into eventual particles of light. To wonder at the idea that we are truly(or what we are made of) moving at the speed of light, this whole idea makes everything right there for us to measure.
05-23-2010, 06:48 PM (This post was last modified: 05-23-2010 07:40 PM by TheJackel.)
No, Quantum Mechanics does not do away with E=MC2.. It operates at such small scales that E=MC2 really doesn't become a major player until enough mass is gained. Gravity is actually billions of times weaker than the Electromagnetic Force to which keeps our atoms together.Gravity only appears to have importance in effect in dealing with bodies of larger mass than those on the quantum level. Gravity isn't even essential to sustain life, and neither is the weak force.. You also have to think about Quantum Gravity, or even the Higgs boson.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_gravity

Gravity is the only remaining force yet to be unified with the 3 other unified forces. Much of this is expected to be revealed in controlled particle collisions. However, this runs the risk of blowing ourselves up.. Quantum Electrodynamics, mechanics, and computation is so accurate that it does in fact unify the 3 major and most important forces that make us all possible.. It's the very reason why we can make things like molecular assemblers, and nano DNA robots..

azurescen ,

Most of what you posted is nonsensical garbage.. IT tells me you know very little about what you are posting.. Posting links and then making up your own crap is hilarious.. Especially considering your notion that we are all traveling at the speed of light...

And talking about the Great attractor, you failed to mention this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shapley_Supercluster
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_micr..._radiation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metric_expansion_of_space
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Friedmann-L...ker_metric

The CMBR is more then explained by the Big Bang theory.
Find all posts by this user
05-23-2010, 08:10 PM
Yea Jacko....more like you got a really old piece of doodoo stuck up your hiney.

None of that has anything to do with what I discovered....I think you just don't like me....or are trying to get me to think about what you think....either way I don't care about you any more so....good luck getting me to care about your krap. You have proven to be a narcissistic a-hole time and time again....Good for you, not for the one talking. Actually not even good for you, but hey, what do you care about your own mind?????

Big Bang...ok....How does it localize one central great attractor and have enough gravitational momentum to make the galaxies rotate around it and still have them form? Ever think about the magnitude of multiple greater attractors??? How exactly does everything happen out of an explosion, unless of course you go to creation theory....you can't explain this one to me otherwise layman.

You don't even know what your talking about anyways, good luck trying to read my post. The link was only for reference to the great attractor anyways...sorry it hurt you so very much.

As for the speed of everything is the only thing I am pointing at. If the galaxies move faster than anything we know of, if there are great attractors for the great attractor and they rotate faster than galaxies...well than YOU tell me exactly how fast we are going just standing still????? We are in the mix you know.
05-23-2010, 08:55 PM
to better understand just how WEIRD things are on the atomic and sub-atomic level

check out this video , on the split slit test...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEzRdZGYNvA

this is so amazing, it is almost as the electrons " know" they are being watched.

:-)
05-24-2010, 07:21 AM
(05-23-2010 08:10 PM)azurescen Wrote:  Yea Jacko....more like you got a really old piece of doodoo stuck up your hiney.

None of that has anything to do with what I discovered....I think you just don't like me....or are trying to get me to think about what you think....either way I don't care about you any more so....good luck getting me to care about your krap. You have proven to be a narcissistic a-hole time and time again....Good for you, not for the one talking. Actually not even good for you, but hey, what do you care about your own mind?????

Big Bang...ok....How does it localize one central great attractor and have enough gravitational momentum to make the galaxies rotate around it and still have them form? Ever think about the magnitude of multiple greater attractors??? How exactly does everything happen out of an explosion, unless of course you go to creation theory....you can't explain this one to me otherwise layman.

You don't even know what your talking about anyways, good luck trying to read my post. The link was only for reference to the great attractor anyways...sorry it hurt you so very much.

As for the speed of everything is the only thing I am pointing at. If the galaxies move faster than anything we know of, if there are great attractors for the great attractor and they rotate faster than galaxies...well than YOU tell me exactly how fast we are going just standing still????? We are in the mix you know.

I don't dislike or hate anyone, I am correcting you because you are basically spreading false information.. And another thing you get wrong is that the Big Bang was never an "explosion", it was an expansion. Lastly Much of what made the universe and the matter that exists today had a lot to do with the Quantum Foam. And I entirely know wtf I am talking about, and you clearly have no conceptual clue as to what you are talking about.. And you might want to look up super massive black holes and what their effects are..

Before you call me an a-hole, I suggest you actually stop making sh_t up to support your religious fallacy around what appears to be a 1st grade understanding of the cosmos.
05-24-2010, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2010 10:22 AM by azurescen.)
whoa man.....you know a lot to be talkin to me more.....Im just roundin up a list of absolute retarded remarks made for the reason of being retarded, and as it seems you haven't even spoke to be smart..

before you even read my posts....why dont you realize that you don't want to do anything at all anyways????

be like the speed of light.....have no way of being caught. You see, when you do anything other than what is allowed, you instantly mark yourself as you are, hidden behind all that stuff you call mind/body.

and well, I actually don't even have to do anything but say the word a-hole....so long as you take it and are actually listening, basically you have proven everything I have spoken about when it comes to religious fallacy. Im sorry I gave you free choice Jack, lol, you would have went away like a little baby though....lol

anyone ever even think what it would be like to actually travel at the speed of light??? Well you would turn into light....and if light particles make up material at the smallest level of being, you tell me how exactly you are made of light if in fact they are not traveling at the speed of light??

Light particles are just chillin at the bottom level of material existence???

Dont even speak jack....no one wants to hear a baby cry.
(05-22-2010 11:10 PM)Al A. Gammate Wrote:  Your discussion of quantum mechanics is interesting, and I agree that quantum mechanics can't explain everything.

Quantum mechanics is good for explaining situations where gravity is negligible. For example, quantum mechanics does a good job of describing the behavior of subatomic particles, since gravity is negligible inside an atom.

Nevertheless, quantum mechanics falls short in explaining situations involving gravity. Situations involving gravity can better be explained by Newton's laws of motion.

First Law: An object at rest stays at rest, or if it's in motion stays in motion with speed and direction unchanged unless acted upon by a physical force.
Ever wonder if the soul is affected by gravity? Energy? In the case it is than only the nature of planets is what keeps us from doing what we would do in outer space. To be in space would be a different experience of the mind/soul and body. Ever wonder why people used to name the planet and give it life like qualities? Well, in the case of a magnetic field that rotates, and a moon that defies knowledgeable explanation other than catastrophic inquiries...we have one quite talkative and yet....non-energetic planet? People just don't get it, consciousness is a tool for life, if you can hide, don't you think the planet can hide as well? Telepathically?
Quote:Second Law: An object will accelerate according to the magnitude of the physical force applied to it.
This brings to question the nature of the soul, as being pushed by the body or the universe. Better watch out, if you push, your only adding to the effect. We need direction, a plan and proper awareness of the object in order to know what we are doing, ie direct the soul and body. If you are not the body, you need to conform herein or else become a part of it out of the direct ability of bodies being easy. If you are trying to hurt someone, they better be wanting it or else they are going to not only have soul against you(as always) but body as well, if they aren't than you are simply adding your body to theirs, as they are always at free will. Free will being something none of you laymen understand when removal of telepathy is now in the picture and you have even gone against others using it. Push a taker and expel energy/self, a law not included because of the dual nature of man. Body and soul.
Quote:Third Law: For every action there's an equal reaction.
^v^v^v^justification^v^v^v^
Quote:Another difference is that quantum mechanics deals with probabilities, whereas Newton's laws of motion deal with certainties.
No newtons laws deal with phenomenon whereas quantum mechanics deal with noumenon. Newton only dealt in the effect, quantum mechanics deals with the cause. The effect of earth being disrespected resultant in disrespect being placed on those in question. Cause, in earths case, not going noticed, never will be by its disrespectors until compensation is made. Natural laws go beyond just being good...stupid evil wanter's.
Quote:Let's apply this to everyday life.

The world of mental thoughts doesn't involve gravity and what you think may or may not come into fruition. Quantum mechanics would probably work well in explaining this situation.
Yea, quantum mechanics sort of found the opposite though. Energy, even consciousness, IS effected by gravity, up to the point of pure light which is only affected by choice. Cause of the cause, if you think about women existing in all this saddness.
Quote:The world of physical action involves gravity and if you get off your butt and do something, it'll certainly happen. Newton's laws of motion would probably work well in explaining this situation.
Except for that gravity doesn't have effect on one levitating, nor do the reasons of your action have anything to do with phenomenon. In fact, the effects of gravity placed upon you are dependent on your push on the earths cause, as I have found. The ONLY way to lighten gravities load is to act in accordance to the universe, the plants, animals, and planet itself(earth/wind/water/fire/aether)

If you could only listen to a being when it speaks, you would at least be at their level of understanding. This defies both cause and effect, because it is happening and simply put time has even got the future. So unless you are respecting the moment, you won't even have the understanding that I do of time.

Only the past upholds quantum mechanics and natural laws, because its in there.....hahahahahahahaha
05-24-2010, 10:13 PM (This post was last modified: 05-24-2010 10:39 PM by TheJackel.)
azurescen,

I'm going to make this simple, you have no idea what you are talking about.. BTW there can in fact be much greater effects than a cause.. Try looking up the Butterfly effect and what Emergence is.. The cause can be as simple as a little osculation of energy to set off an increasing emergence of pattern and effects.. I don't think you understand that probability is based entirely around chaos theory and emergence.. Earth, wind, fire, and water are all entirely emerging patterns from a system of chaos controlled by Electromagnetic positive and negative feedback loops.. There is reason why you can't light a match or have water molecules to put a fire out without electromagnetism..

prdamico,

I love that video btw.. However, I do have answer for you Smile.. The observer no matter how small will interfere with the electron because the electron can either be a wave or a particle.. The collapse of the wave function is not because the electron knows it's being watched, it's because the observer is interacting with the electron and destroys the interference pattern. Hence it cancels out the wave function.. This is called the uncertainty principle. This is where it's impossible to design an experiment to determine which slit the electron passes through because the detection device or "observer" interferes with the experiment and wave function.

Here is a good video for you to watch on probability in quantum tunneling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LKjJT7gh...ature=fvwp
05-24-2010, 10:54 PM
(05-24-2010 10:13 PM)TheJackel Wrote:  azurescen,

I'm going to make this simple, you have no idea what you are talking about.. BTW there can in fact be much greater effects than a cause.. Try looking up the Butterfly effect and what Emergence is.. The cause can be as simple as a little osculation of energy to set off an increasing emergence of pattern and effects.. I don't think you understand that probability is based entirely around chaos theory and emergence.. Earth, wind, fire, and water are all entirely emerging patterns from a system of chaos controlled by Electromagnetic positive and negative feedback loops.. There is reason why you can't light a match or have water molecules to put a fire out without electromagnetism..

prdamico,

I love that video btw.. However, I do have answer for you Smile.. The observer no matter how small will interfere with the electron because the electron can either be a wave or a particle.. The collapse of the wave function is not because the electron knows it's being watched, it's because the observer is interacting with the electron and destroys the interference pattern. Hence it cancels out the wave function.. This is called the uncertainty principle. This is where it's impossible to design an experiment to determine which slit the electron passes through because the detection device or "observer" interferes with the experiment and wave function.

Here is a good video for you to watch on probability in quantum tunneling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LKjJT7gh...ature=fvwp

yeah good video, downloaded the tunneling one, will watch later on,

yeah got some good ones about entanglement and quantum teleportation too, weird stuff, but no one knows exactly just how far down the rabbit hole really goes.

hopefully they will be able to design a way to monitor the electrons so that the observation itself will not interfere with the electrons, but that is not possible with existing technologies, but I look forward to a technology that lets us study the atomic and sub-atomic particles better, because interconnection between these particles needs more clarification.

the world of particles, quarks, electrons, etc. is like a strange alien planet, or some surreal existence, that we are just beginning to understand..

:-)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  shiverleaf15 thread Logic in quantum physics Yefet 21 506 02-26-2014 11:49 AM
Last Post: HiEv
  Understanding Quantum Mechanics rocketboy9000 6 499 03-12-2013 09:17 AM
Last Post: john amoss
  Spirituality, Science and Quantum Physics AnrBjotk 92 5,563 03-11-2013 07:37 PM
Last Post: john amoss
  2010 NEWS quantum experts isolate the GOLDEN RATIO on the nanoscale Raphael 2 2,577 01-15-2010 12:13 PM
Last Post: Raphael

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)