Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Question
01-29-2009, 10:13 PM
Question
I've been wondering about these questions for sometime now ,and was wanting second opinions.

Question

Will it be possible in the future for Christians, Muslims, Buddhist ,and other religions to get along with one another?

I think that yes its possible. I think that religion sometimes blocks are human ability to think rationally.
If god created us ,then god knows how we act. We know that no human is like another, so why do we try force are beliefs on others? There are people who find strength in the bible an there are people who find strength in other things. I think that if god was here he would encourage us to be respectful of other peoples religions even tho we think theirs is wrong. Its not are right to judge who's got the right religion an who's got the wrong religion, Gods the one who decides ,but we still do.
What would it hurt for people to say "Well if I'm wrong about my religion then I'll answer to god?" Instead of judging someone because they believe in something different ,or fighting a pointless war over something that can be solved by are very own minds.

I know there is a day when I'm going to die, and go before God, I'll explain myself to him ,and he will judge me. Why can't we leave it at that?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2009, 05:33 AM
RE: Question
(01-29-2009 10:13 PM)ASimpleMan Wrote:  I've been wondering about these questions for sometime now ,and was wanting second opinions.

Question

Will it be possible in the future for Christians, Muslims, Buddhist ,and other religions to get along with one another?

I think that yes its possible. I think that religion sometimes blocks are human ability to think rationally.
If god created us ,then god knows how we act. We know that no human is like another, so why do we try force are beliefs on others? There are people who find strength in the bible an there are people who find strength in other things. I think that if god was here he would encourage us to be respectful of other peoples religions even tho we think theirs is wrong. Its not are right to judge who's got the right religion an who's got the wrong religion, Gods the one who decides ,but we still do.
What would it hurt for people to say "Well if I'm wrong about my religion then I'll answer to god?" Instead of judging someone because they believe in something different ,or fighting a pointless war over something that can be solved by are very own minds.

I know there is a day when I'm going to die, and go before God, I'll explain myself to him ,and he will judge me. Why can't we leave it at that?
I suspect because the differing religious systems make different claims upon all the things you've mentioned including the nature and character of judgement and what God requires of men in their own best interests. As to pointless wars? It is from the heart that actions arise not minds.

"Love is not a feeling, it's an act of your will." Don Francisco.
01-30-2009, 06:09 AM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2009 06:10 AM by Anglican.)
(01-29-2009 10:13 PM)ASimpleMan Wrote:  I've been wondering about these questions for sometime now ,and was wanting second opinions.

Question

You miss atheists off of the list. If you want to read some truly intolerant rants, try some of the new atheists.
01-30-2009, 07:24 AM
(01-30-2009 06:09 AM)Anglican Wrote:  

Question

You miss atheists off of the list. If you want to read some truly intolerant rants, try some of the new atheists.
Oh Anglican! *Falls Off My Chair Laughin' myself Silly!* Smile

"Love is not a feeling, it's an act of your will." Don Francisco.
02-02-2009, 11:01 PM
(01-30-2009 06:09 AM)Anglican Wrote:  You miss atheists off of the list. If you want to read some truly intolerant rants, try some of the new atheists.

Atheism isn't a religion. And every group has someone who makes the rest of them look bad.

Ted Haggard

I find him hilarious, personally. I'm a bad person sometimes Big Grin

"Humanity invented religion initially to overcome the permanent loss of consciousness that occurs at death and it was then taken over by groups who use it to control other groups" - Innuendo, from Def-Logic forums.
03-02-2009, 09:42 AM
Oneness of God of different religions

Question

Every religion says that its God created the entire earth and entire humanity. But, unfortunately there is only one earth containing this humanity. Due to one earth, there must be one God only and hence all the religions are calling the same God by different names. Since the God is unimaginable and nobody can even imagine Him, all the names are indicating that unseen and unimaginable God only. This unimaginable God is mediated by energy. Such mediated God is also one and the same because energy is also one and the same for all religions. This mediated God is called as Brahman by Hinduism, Jehovah by Christianity and Allah by Islam. The absolute unimaginable God as well as the medium [Energy] are one and the same and hence there is no difference between these three names.

Of course, when the absolute God gets mediated by human bodies, there may be minute difference in the form, culture and language of the external human form as in the case of Krishna of Hinduism, Jesus of Christianity and Mohammad of Islam. Even here the material of the human body is one and the same except slight variation in the external form. From the point of absolute God, here also there is no trace of difference and hence all these three human forms are also one and the same.
03-03-2009, 01:45 AM
To be fair, often we atheists rant out of pure frustration when we realize we're up against centuries of built-up myth and propaganda. It's a daunting task. I seem to recall John the Baptist ranting in a very angry and insulting manner against the Pharisees, who were the entrenched mythology and propaganda in Judea at that time, most likely for the same reason.

And there will always be angry people in every religion. But I do believe that society can become one of peace. Not universal, there will always be madmen, always aberrant people who shame the organization they claim to represent (the only way to completely remove such things would be through an Orwellian future that would be far worse than any ills it cures,) but I think that we can shift the trends of society away from war and violence, and toward peaceful (though probably still vehement) disagreement. We can dream of a world where a religious disagreement spawning violence will truly be an aberration, prompting outcry from all and swift action to stop it.
03-04-2009, 09:29 PM
Logic Only can bring unity among religions
(03-03-2009 01:45 AM)GTseng3 Wrote:  To be fair, often we atheists rant out of pure frustration when we realize we're up against centuries of built-up ..............s disagreement spawning violence will truly be an aberration, prompting outcry from all and swift action to stop it.

Today the development of science is terrible, which is the faculty of logic and analysis. Today the heart is reduced and the brain is expanded. The old generations were having a broad heart and less brain. The heart can be inspired by appeals but the brain will not be satisfied by appeals. If you appeal “All the human beings are one and the same internally and externally. God is one only. Do not quarrel with each other and be united as one family”, the effect of such appeal is temporary only. When the devotee returns back, the emotion is subsided by next day itself.

The reason is that his or her intellectual facility (Buddhi) is not satisfied. You have not given the logical analysis of such concepts. You have worked at the level of mind only and not at the level of intelligence. Mind is the steering rod and the intelligence is the driver. Mind is in the hands of intelligence. Due to this reason only, the Lord started Gita with the concept of knowledge and analysis (Buddhi Yoga). The driving knowledge of the driver is more important than the driver. The correct driving depends on the correct driving knowledge imparted on him by the teacher of the driving school, who is the Satguru.

In the case of Arjuna, the teacher of the driving school himself became the driver! You cannot imagine the fortune of Arjuna. When God Himself became the driver, He is called as Satguru. The word Sat is used to mean God. Guru means guide.
03-05-2009, 10:37 AM
(03-03-2009 01:45 AM)GTseng3 Wrote:  And there will always be angry people in every religion. But I do believe that society can become one of peace. Not universal, there will always be madmen, always aberrant people who shame the organization they claim to represent (the only way to completely remove such things would be through an Orwellian future that would be far worse than any ills it cures,) but I think that we can shift the trends of society away from war and violence, and toward peaceful (though probably still vehement) disagreement. We can dream of a world where a religious disagreement spawning violence will truly be an aberration, prompting outcry from all and swift action to stop it.

I wish I could share your optimism. The big three religions have been fighting each other for more than a millennium, and they still haven't managed to settle their differences. I see no great push for greater understanding between them either.

Besides, religious differences are only one of the excuses humans use for war, but there are others. As recorded history is replete with war and conflict, and this behavior continues almost unabated today, I have little hope a peaceful global society will ever exist.

If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
03-05-2009, 10:44 AM
As I said, there will always be abberations. By that I didn't mean one or two, I meant a population of the world. I just think we can make it a small population.

Naturally one of the necessities of this is to change organized religion to be peaceful, and to convince followers of those religions to give up the most violent and hateful parts of their dogma (I think most of the people on these forums, at least, already have, considering for example the violent God of the Old Testament to be something of that time, no longer applicable to the world today.) It's a long road. I don't expect it anytime soon. But I think it can be achieved.

And quite frankly, whether it's achieved or not that's what we should be working toward.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)