Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Question about praying!!
12-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Question about praying!!
Now lets you you pray to god ok. And lets say your prayer isn't answered, well you might say "well its god's will" Fair enough but if its god will hes gonna do what he wants anyway right, Why bother to pray in the first place??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-11-2008, 05:35 PM
RE: Question about praying!!
my kids ask me for christmas presents,but i chose if it,s apropriate for them.our Father just does the same,in a bigger way.

Good evil salvation
12-12-2008, 09:37 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2008 09:39 AM by Alison.)
I believe that every prayer is answered ... it just may not be how you want it answered.

ETA: you pray to develop your personal relationship with Him. Prayer isn't a wish list. Prayer is praise and worship, showing thanks for what you have.

Justice -- When you get what you deserve.
Mercy -- When you don't get what you deserve.
Grace -- When you get what you don't deserve.
01-31-2009, 08:54 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2009 09:53 AM by Pilgrim.)
(12-12-2008 09:37 AM)Alison Wrote:  I believe that every prayer is answered ... it just may not be how you want it answered.

ETA: you pray to develop your personal relationship with Him. Prayer isn't a wish list. Prayer is praise and worship, showing thanks for what you have.
Be careful what you pray for,....you may just get it. Wink Actually Urthred has opened up this very subject with the same question more or less on the General Religion Forum. you might want to check it out.

Alison brilliant signature! Smile

"Love is not a feeling, it's an act of your will." Don Francisco.
01-31-2009, 10:49 AM
(12-11-2008 05:32 PM)FrostBite Wrote:  Now lets you you pray to god ok. And lets say your prayer isn't answered, well you might say "well its god's will" Fair enough but if its god will hes gonna do what he wants anyway right, Why bother to pray in the first place??

there is no reason...esp. bc he already know what you think, how you feel, etc.
01-31-2009, 11:33 AM
(01-31-2009 10:49 AM)B MAN Wrote:  
(12-11-2008 05:32 PM)FrostBite Wrote:  Now lets you you pray to god ok. And lets say your prayer isn't answered, well you might say "well its god's will" Fair enough but if its god will hes gonna do what he wants anyway right, Why bother to pray in the first place??

That's an opinion not supported by those that do. *Bops ya wif me rubber chicken again coz yer just bein' plain difficult.* Tongue

02-01-2009, 09:57 AM
(01-31-2009 11:33 AM)Pilgrim Wrote:  

That's an opinion not supported by those that do. *Bops ya wif me rubber chicken again coz yer just bein' plain difficult.* Tongue
so you are saying that he doesn't already know what you think, and how you feel?
02-02-2009, 01:13 PM
(02-01-2009 09:57 AM)B MAN Wrote:  

so you are saying that he doesn't already know what you think, and how you feel?
Not at all and you know that full well because you've been following the Prayer thread on the General Religion forum. That God knows what I am going to ask or how I feel before I pray is neither here nor there as it applies to the practice. It is about relationship.

02-02-2009, 05:25 PM
(02-02-2009 01:13 PM)Pilgrim Wrote:  
(02-01-2009 09:57 AM)B MAN Wrote:  

Not at all and you know that full well because you've been following the Prayer thread on the General Religion forum. That God knows what I am going to ask or how I feel before I pray is neither here nor there as it applies to the practice. It is about relationship.

i'm sorry, but i don't think that one side know all of your thoughts leads to a good relationship. it doesn't leave much to talk about.

furthermore, the fact that one side doesn't talk back doesn't help either.
02-13-2009, 06:43 AM
Why God keeps silent to somebody even after intensive cry?

Why God keeps silent to somebody even after intensive cry?

A diabetic patient cries before a doctor to get a sweet for eating. The doctor has infinite number of sweets and he does not worry at all for giving a sweet to the patient. You are crying before God, who is the divine father (creator of all the souls) to give some wealth or to solve some problem. If He helps you, there is not even a trace of any personal loss to Him. Neither His wealth nor His power is finite and nor His love to souls is limited. The only factor that guides Him is to see the future position after the help. If your eyes are to climb the roof of your head after the help, God will keep silent. After the help you will fall down even from your present level and then you will cry again before the same God to lift you up.

If the doctor gives you the sweet, the level of sugar may go up and the emergent treatment is also the responsibility of the same doctor. Hence the doctor will not give you the sweet. If the doctor is confident of your health, he may give the sweet. Sometimes the doctor gives the sweet and conducts the emergent treatment to show you the truth, if you are scolding the doctor to be unkind. The response of the doctor lies on his analysis of the situation and it is not the subject of the patient at all. You must have the faith in the doctor (God) that any response is for your good only and you must know that the patient is ignorant of his own real welfare.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)