Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Questions
07-24-2008, 12:16 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2008 12:20 PM by Bobin.)
Questions
I am not trying to flame the Islamic Religion in any way but just curious about some of the teachings its followers believe:

Does the Quran actually promote violence? And if it does, was the incident that occured on Sept 11 an action of this?

Do Muslims belive that they receive 70 something virgins once they reach "heaven" for every indvidual they kill?

How can you prove Mohammed was an actual prophet from God and not just an impostor leading the people wrong?

Is Allah the same being as God we Christians believe or do they have different properties?

Also does this verse found in the Quran, teach Muslims to kill those who do not accept Islam?
Quote:Sura (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

These are all the questions I have for now and if someone can help clear these doubts it will be appreciated.

True religion is real living; living with all one's soul, with all one's goodness and righteousness~ Albert Einstein

Live like everyday is your last~ Anonymous
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-28-2009, 08:31 PM
RE: Questions
Islam is the religion of peace:
this is what Quran says:
"For that cause We decreed for the Children of Israel that whosoever killeth a human being for other than manslaughter or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind. Our messengers came unto them of old with clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty), but afterwards lo! many of them became prodigals in the earth. " 5:32

Also I must say that Al-Qaeda and all the terrorists have emerged from the Sunni Islam. Although they don't represent Sunnis...but this Give an indication that Shia who think that Islam was hijacked by the rulers who killed the appointed rulers are more peaceful than Sunnis...and you can do your search.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-19-2009, 08:14 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2009 08:20 AM by Mohsin.)
(07-24-2008 12:16 PM)Bobin Wrote:  Does the Quran actually promote violence? And if it does, was the incident that occured on Sept 11 an action of this?
The Quran dosn't promote violence, it actually promotes peace, for that it also promotes self-defense.
--------------------
Talking about Sept 11, most Muslims (inculding me) disapprove such actions.

(07-24-2008 12:16 PM)Bobin Wrote:  Do Muslims belive that they receive 70 something virgins once they reach "heaven" for every indvidual they kill?
No they don't.
Statements like "for every individual you kill" can never happen in Islam, because the religion itself seeks life not death,although it's said that: short life with few sins is better than a longer life with more sins.

And it's true we believe that people who enter heaven will receive many virgins.

(07-24-2008 12:16 PM)Bobin Wrote:  How can you prove Mohammed was an actual prophet from God and not just an impostor leading the people wrong?
Nice question, well there are many proofs, but Quran is the greatest living one,, I myself with no mastery of Arabic language, when reading Quran, can experience the fact that it's a miracle and it's from a divine source.(seriously)

Good link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qur%27an_and_miracles

(07-24-2008 12:16 PM)Bobin Wrote:  Is Allah the same being as God we Christians believe or do they have different properties?
I think Allah is the same as God, and Jesus is the same as Isa, we believe in the same things but understand them differently.

(07-24-2008 12:16 PM)Bobin Wrote:  Also does this verse found in the Quran, teach Muslims to kill those who do not accept Islam?
Quote:Sura (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."
No it doesn't.

I hope this helped
Thank you
08-19-2009, 12:14 PM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2009 12:16 PM by Apple7.)
(08-19-2009 08:14 AM)Mohsin Wrote:  And it's true we believe that people who enter heaven will receive many virgins.

Where does the Koran state this?

Quote:Nice question, well there are many proofs, but Quran is the greatest living one,, I myself with no mastery of Arabic language, when reading Quran, can experience the fact that it's a miracle and it's from a divine source.(seriously)

Where exactly does the Koran ever state that it was divinely inspired?

Quote: I think Allah is the same as God, and Jesus is the same as Isa, we believe in the same things but understand them differently.

What makes you think that the God of the Holy Bible is the same as your "allah"....?
08-20-2009, 05:29 AM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2009 05:38 AM by Mohsin.)
(08-19-2009 12:14 PM)Apple7 Wrote:  Where does the Koran state this?

55:56
56:22
78:33

Quote:Where exactly does the Koran ever state that it was divinely inspired?

9:6
17:105
45:2
And many others.
---------------

Quote:What makes you think that the God of the Holy Bible is the same as your "allah"....?

First, I believe there is only one God, and only one Jesus.
So if I find some similarities between your and my definitions of God and Jesus, then I'll conclude we are referring to the same ones.
08-20-2009, 08:38 AM (This post was last modified: 08-20-2009 08:39 AM by Apple7.)
(08-20-2009 05:29 AM)Mohsin Wrote:  
(08-19-2009 12:14 PM)Apple7 Wrote:  Where does the Koran state this?

55:56
56:22
78:33

Let’s look at a couple of these…

وحور عين

Wahoorun AAeenun

56.22 And people whiten clothes by washing them.

No virgins mentioned in this one.

وكواعب أترابا

WakawaAAiba atraban

78.33 And virgins (from) earth.

The only virgins mentioned here are the ones redeemed from earth, as copied from the Biblical Book of Revelation....and they are not for islamic sexual gratification...
08-20-2009, 11:32 AM
What? Okay, I'm using an English translation, so it won't be entirely accurate, but it'll be mostly accurate here.

55:56: In them will be (Maidens), chaste, restraining their glances, whom no man or Jinn before them has touched;-

56.22-24: And (there will be) companions with beautiful, big, and lustrous eyes, Like unto Pearls well-guarded, A Reward for the deeds of their past (life).

78:33 (speaking of the rewards of the Righteous) Companions of equal age;

So . . . your translations are simply wrong. Interesting. And interesting too, your thoughts on creationism are simply wrong.

Are you sure you actually have a copy of the Qu'ran and the Bible? Are you sure you're not reading some other books?

I mean, I think that the idea of getting virgins in heaven is pretty crazy, and I don't believe the Qu'ran any more than I do the Bible, but at least when I talk about it I have the decency to get the quotes right.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
08-20-2009, 12:12 PM
(08-20-2009 11:32 AM)GTseng3 Wrote:  What? Okay, I'm using an English translation, so it won't be entirely accurate, but it'll be mostly accurate here.

55:56: In them will be (Maidens), chaste, restraining their glances, whom no man or Jinn before them has touched;-

56.22-24: And (there will be) companions with beautiful, big, and lustrous eyes, Like unto Pearls well-guarded, A Reward for the deeds of their past (life).

78:33 (speaking of the rewards of the Righteous) Companions of equal age;

So . . . your translations are simply wrong. Interesting. And interesting too, your thoughts on creationism are simply wrong.

Are you sure you actually have a copy of the Qu'ran and the Bible? Are you sure you're not reading some other books?

I mean, I think that the idea of getting virgins in heaven is pretty crazy, and I don't believe the Qu'ran any more than I do the Bible, but at least when I talk about it I have the decency to get the quotes right.

What Arabic words do you feel have been translated incorrectly?
08-20-2009, 12:13 PM
Well, seeing as you got an entirely different translation from all the english translations I know of . . . I'd say all of them.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
08-20-2009, 12:37 PM
I agree with GT. This is what I find online.

"55.56": In them shall be those who restrained their eyes; before them neither man nor jinni shall have touched them.

"56.22": And pure, beautiful ones,
"56.23": The like of the hidden pearls:
"56.24": A reward for what they used to do.

"78.33": And those showing freshness of youth, equals in age,

http://etext.virginia.edu/toc/modeng/pub...lKora.html

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)