Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Quran or Bible?
12-08-2009, 05:37 AM
Quran or Bible?
Hi Everyone. There always have been a misunderstandings between Quran and Bible. We all know one thing that these both Books are from sky. Both are the words of God. According to me the God of Muslims and Christians is same. The only thing is that the Chritians don't want to share their God with someone else. As far as Quran and Bible are concerned they both were sent by God for the betterment of mankind. Both Muhammad(S.A.w) and Jesus were the messengers of God. The difference between Quran and Bible is that Bible has been changed by some stupid peoples which shouldn't be called Christians. Because they changed the words of God for the sake of their own benefits. If they couldn't follow the message of Bible or felt some thing difficult in Bible, they just changed it and wrote what they wished and liked. If u agree with my these words then please put your comments on this thread. Or if someone declare my message is wrong then they also should put forward their comments.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2009, 06:23 AM
RE: Quran or Bible?
I would say that you are both right and wrong on this issue, and if I were to personally answer the question "Qur'an or Bible?" I would have to answer both and neither.

I say neither as I don't believe that either are the word of God, as I don't believe in God. However, I say both as they are both important sacred texts, and they have both changed our entire world over the past 2,000 years. I believe it's people's regard for these things which make them important, and that's why my copies of the Tanakh, the Bible and the Qur'an are stored at the highest place I can in my room, and I try not to leave them lying about.

Regarding the changes in the Bible and the preservation of the Qur'an, it must be remembered that they are very different books. In fact, the Bible isn't strictly one book, but a collection of many smaller books. Jews believe that the Torah is unchanged, and synagogues will contain hand copied versions where any mistake means that the entire scroll is started again (bad times!) Whilst the Bible has many translations, and is not in the original languages, it was also written and constructed differently than the Qur'an. The gospels were written at a later date than Jesus' life, for different audiences, as his life was sadly cut short (let's not argue here whether he was crucified!), and as a result we don't have the unchanged words of Jesus. However, Mark is believed to be based upon a very early text, titled Q, which is believed to contain some of the teachings of Jesus. Indeed, the Gospel of Thomas is believed to be a product of a very early Jesus group, and paints a different picture too.

Whilst some people try to argue that the Qur'an could have been changed, I personally don't buy that. 1400 years is short enough that there is probability that copies were kept exact since the time of Muhammad. As the Qur'an in Arabic is what Muhammad conveyed then it is at the least a fascinating historical document, and the beauty of some of the ancient copies is almost unrivalled in my opinion (saw an exhibition displaying old Abrahamic texts at British Library couple of years ago; it was amazing!)

Therefore I say both texts are equally important, for the same historical reasons, but also for differing reasons due to their construction differences.
12-09-2009, 12:32 AM
Actually we don't all know that the Bible and the Quran came from the sky. Indeed, I specifically deny that with both internal evidence and external evidence. You claim both books are true and holy, I, on the other hand, believe neither book is particularly true or holy. Like all ancient texts some parts are more or less true, others not.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
12-09-2009, 10:06 PM
HI Friends,
Creation
The Quran: "Praise be to God, who created the heavens and the earth, and made the darkness and the light." Sura 6:1
The Bible: "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Gen.1:1
The one God
The Quran: "Your god is one god; there is no god but He, Most Gracious, Most Merciful." Sura 2:163
"Say, 'O followers of the scripture, let us come to a logical agreement between us and you: that we shall not worship except God; that we never set up any idols besides Him, nor set up any human beings as lords beside God.'" Sura 3:64
The Bible: "Jesus answered: 'The most important one is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one'." Mark 12:29
Jesus said: "Worship the Lord your God, and serve Him only." Matth.4:10
Apostle Paul said: "We know that an idol is nothing at all in the world and that there is no God but one." 1Cor.8:4
12-12-2009, 08:35 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2009 08:40 AM by Anis-ur-Rehman.)
(12-08-2009 06:23 AM)Zagreus Wrote:  I would say that you are both right and wrong on this issue, and if I were to personally answer the question "Qur'an or Bible?" I would have to answer both and neither.

I say neither as I don't believe that either are the word of God, as I don't believe in God. However, I say both as they are both important sacred texts, and they have both changed our entire world over the past 2,000 years. I believe it's people's regard for these things which make them important, and that's why my copies of the Tanakh, the Bible and the Qur'an are stored at the highest place I can in my room, and I try not to leave them lying about.

Regarding the changes in the Bible and the preservation of the Qur'an, it must be remembered that they are very different books. In fact, the Bible isn't strictly one book, but a collection of many smaller books. Jews believe that the Torah is unchanged, and synagogues will contain hand copied versions where any mistake means that the entire scroll is started again (bad times!) Whilst the Bible has many translations, and is not in the original languages, it was also written and constructed differently than the Qur'an. The gospels were written at a later date than Jesus' life, for different audiences, as his life was sadly cut short (let's not argue here whether he was crucified!), and as a result we don't have the unchanged words of Jesus. However, Mark is believed to be based upon a very early text, titled Q, which is believed to contain some of the teachings of Jesus. Indeed, the Gospel of Thomas is believed to be a product of a very early Jesus group, and paints a different picture too.

Whilst some people try to argue that the Qur'an could have been changed, I personally don't buy that. 1400 years is short enough that there is probability that copies were kept exact since the time of Muhammad. As the Qur'an in Arabic is what Muhammad conveyed then it is at the least a fascinating historical document, and the beauty of some of the ancient copies is almost unrivalled in my opinion (saw an exhibition displaying old Abrahamic texts at British Library couple of years ago; it was amazing!)

Therefore I say both texts are equally important, for the same historical reasons, but also for differing reasons due to their construction differences.
Dear Zagreus, If u say that u neither believe in any of them and use them for your benefit also then it is a very strange deed from u. In your comment u said that i dont believe in God, then y r you here for. What is the aim of your life? Who has created you? You have turned your face from the biggest fact of your life. God has created you, given you each and every blessing of life but still if you dont beleive God then wat U should be called?
(12-09-2009 12:32 AM)GTseng3 Wrote:  Actually we don't all know that the Bible and the Quran came from the sky. Indeed, I specifically deny that with both internal evidence and external evidence. You claim both books are true and holy, I, on the other hand, believe neither book is particularly true or holy. Like all ancient texts some parts are more or less true, others not.
My dear friend if u say that neither of them is holy, i reject you. If they(especially Quran) were not holy than why any human couldnt and cant write a book like it. In Quran there are alot of miracles(actually facts i should say) realated to human, universe, earth etc. These all facts are scientific which were impossible to be discovered 1400 years ago. My friend there is no doubt in these both Books. But the reason i created this tread was that r They in their original forms(Bible especially)?
12-12-2009, 08:54 AM
I agree with those that came before -- I believe neither book is particularly holy nor particularly true. They both have multiple contradictions in themselves that mean they are not perfect and therefore not from the perfect god you claim they are from.

Sure, people can write books like them, they wrote those, after all. Having studied both the Qu'ran and the Bible in depth, I believe they may have literary and historic value, but they are not holy, and certainly not sacred to me.
12-12-2009, 09:28 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-2009 09:33 AM by catholicstation.)
I agree with those that came before
Sure, people can write books like them
---------------------------------------------
Not like this:
Didache. The Teaching of the Twelve Apostles
-------------------------------------------------
The Quran is like someone writing a book about You after You have been dead for 6000 years and Nancy Pelosi is the author
12-12-2009, 11:18 PM
(12-12-2009 08:35 AM)Anis-ur-Rehman Wrote:  My dear friend if u say that neither of them is holy, i reject you. If they(especially Quran) were not holy than why any human couldnt and cant write a book like it. In Quran there are alot of miracles(actually facts i should say) realated to human, universe, earth etc. These all facts are scientific which were impossible to be discovered 1400 years ago. My friend there is no doubt in these both Books. But the reason i created this tread was that r They in their original forms(Bible especially)?

Because that is an intelligent way to deal with dissenting opinions. Reject them and not give them a second thought.

Does anyone even care about what's true anymore? Truth is found by observation, deduction, and rational thought, at least that's as close as we mortals can come to truth.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.
12-13-2009, 05:27 PM
(12-12-2009 08:35 AM)Anis-ur-Rehman Wrote:  Dear Zagreus, If u say that u neither believe in any of them and use them for your benefit also then it is a very strange deed from u. In your comment u said that i dont believe in God, then y r you here for.

Why is it strange? Both the Bible and Qur'an are fascinating historical documents that have shaped history. How can they not be interesting would be my question! Why do I have to believe in God to participate on a religion forum? Many Buddhists don't believe in God, yet they count as a religion. Religion is an interesting subject, and fundamental to our species. Why am I here? To talk to people and hopefully learn some new info, which so far, is what I've done.

(12-12-2009 08:35 AM)Anis-ur-Rehman Wrote:  What is the aim of your life? Who has created you? You have turned your face from the biggest fact of your life. God has created you, given you each and every blessing of life but still if you dont beleive God then wat U should be called?

That's fair enough that this is your view, but I just simply don't see any evidence for 'God' as you describe. It's perfectly plausible for existence to be chance, and whilst I have every respect for other people's views, I don't share them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  jesus, quran, bible, islam guen 51 3,464 03-20-2014 10:18 AM
Last Post: KAYSER
  The two earthly known books, the holy bible and the holy quran, are they the same? Daniel Smartone 133 7,358 11-04-2013 05:01 PM
Last Post: shiverleaf15
  Comparative Statements of the Quran and the Holy Bible makahiya 2 926 10-17-2013 10:31 AM
Last Post: makahiya
  Satan wrote the Bible and Quran EqualAtheist 165 11,465 09-17-2013 11:18 PM
Last Post: shiverleaf15
  Quran Leaning: Understanding Quran Is What It Takes To Be A Momin! Manahel.Fatima 10 2,043 06-08-2011 10:46 AM
Last Post: IMtM
  The Quran and the Bible in light of modern science mobkem 0 541 01-08-2010 12:56 AM
Last Post: mobkem
  Bible Compared to Quran part6 mobkem 0 622 12-07-2009 12:56 AM
  Bible Compared to Quran part5 mobkem 0 634 12-07-2009 12:48 AM
  Bible Compared to Quran part4 mobkem 3 826 12-05-2009 08:06 PM
Last Post: Zagreus
  Bible Compared to Quran part3 mobkem 0 662 12-05-2009 03:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)