Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ramayana by Ram Verma
03-15-2010, 06:09 AM
Ramayana by Ram Verma
Before He was God, Ramayana, Reconsidered, recreated

Ramayana, the Hindu epic, after all, makes for sumptuous food for imagination. It is replete with colorful and fascinating gods, goddesses and characters, whose visual representations are equally imaginative and spiritually uplifting. Colorful portraits of RAMA, hanuman, adorn the walls and puja rooms of almost every Hindu household in India but here it also abets Mr. Ram Verma’s book - Before He was God, Ramayana, Reconsidered, recreated.

Ram Varma’s rendering “Before He was God, Ramayana, and Reconsidered, recreated” is refreshingly different from the Valmiki’s Ramayana where ram is a historical figure like Krishna or Buddha. . His re-creation takes support on the bedrock of the latest textual, sociological and archeological research. In his own words, “the story recited by the well meaning pundits of Puranic times was an senseless exaggeration. It was vital to restore the attention of the viewers or the readers, but this beautiful story did not need any artificial support. Its beauty remains undiminished even in a realistic portraiture of events. Ram Varma captures those vignettes and there is an aroma in his rendering which gives the pleasant smell of an odor of Vedic times.”
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-18-2010, 07:53 AM
RE: Ramayana by Ram Verma
Hey, The ancient stories are really very very interesting and that also of Ramayana, simply amazing, it's wonderful. Lot of movies, Television serials, etc have been created as well as directed on it.

Tiffany jewelry
06-20-2010, 11:50 PM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2010 11:52 PM by lastmikvehlastDay.)
(06-18-2010 07:53 AM)jamerann Wrote:  Hey, The ancient stories are really very very interesting

I have been digging deep into my pockets to find out better resources on Lord Vishnu. There is this RAMA or RAM question I have. It's something 'other' than a 'cultural' question for you. I have always been unsure of how much of the essence of Lord Vishnu he had according to the sacred writings? There seems to be a more famous text(s) that speaks of this.
06-22-2010, 04:21 AM (This post was last modified: 06-22-2010 04:25 AM by lastmikvehlastDay.)
Vishnu is of interest. There is a possible parallel with a thread of-mine (my main Thread) . In the AYODHYAKANDA it states, 'Oh king of sages ..' You are the custodian of the bounds of the Vedas and .. Janak is Maya .. 'who at your gracious will creates, preservers (and dissolves) the world. As for Lakshmana, he is no other than the thousand-headed Sheesha, supporter of the earth and sovereign of all .. animate and inanimate . . . assumed a kingly form ..'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Ram Varma launched his book –“Before He was God, Ramayana, Reconsidered, recreated” Anuj67 0 2,390 03-30-2010 11:28 PM
Last Post: Anuj67

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)