Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Reconciling the Bible and Science or The Theory of Everything
08-08-2013, 05:55 AM
Reconciling the Bible and Science or The Theory of Everything
Before going into details it is important that the current state of so called cutting edge science is known. There are, as I am sure most are aware, a large number of theories trying to explain the last great unanswered questions, there are also large numbers of people working and vast amounts of money being spent on trying to answer those questions. The basic problem is in reconciling Quantum Theory with Relativity at the Big Bang singularity, they do not mix. The last book I read titled Farewell to Reality published this year describes these as fairytale physics and with good reason, they are in effect trying to fit a square peg into a round hole using complicated maths. Dont get me wrong here though, Quantum Theory and Relativity are both correct and the problem does not lay with either of them but perhaps though in some of the interpretation or understanding of them.
One question that bothers me is - Would a scientific explanation of the Bible and a Biblical explanation of science be helpful to mankind spiritually, this question may be a bit unfair as you can have no understanding of where a theory such as this ultimately leads.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2013, 07:00 AM
RE: Reconciling the Bible and Science or The Theory of Everything
Isn't a "Biblical explanation of science" kind of an oxymoron? Science looks for answers, religion already has them.

Absence of evidence is evidence of absence - Me
08-08-2013, 11:24 AM
It seems like you're putting the cart before the horse. Why should we look for an explanation of the bible? We should look for whatever the explanation is. If the bible happens to be true then it will be that, but lets not limit our explanations from the unjustified premise that the Bible is true. If you do, then any "explanation of the bible" is inherently unscientific.

Similarly, I don't really know what a biblical explanation of science is. Science is a method of unraveling the truth.
08-09-2013, 07:24 AM
Hopefully all will become clear.
When I started out I knew that whatever I came up with had to be compatible with science and what is written in the bible. I have read thousands of pages, paper and internet and watched hours of documentaries and lectures. I assumed that if the great minds such as Einstein and Feynman had not found it then the answer must lay in what they had discarded as absurd or simply unexplainable.
The following is my conclusion, it is just science but comes into its own when cross referenced with what is written in the Bible.

Something that has bothered me for some considerable time Is the fact that the BB started from a singularity yet we know that nothing can escape from the singularity that is a Black Hole caused by the infinite curvature of spacetime or gravity.
The only conclusion is that, while being mathematically equivalent, they are totally different.
The Quantum singularity consists of the superposition of all that is infinite in perfect balance/symmetry, to keep it simple positive and negative in perfect balance, all points can take any value between zero and infinity, but not zero, nothing has a specific value, hence a universe of probabilities, this is perfectly flat space, it could be also called a virtual universe. It should be noted that we can only interact with things that have a specific value.
In the relative or our finite universe everything has a specific value, and the singularity has a value of zero, something forbidden in the quantum universe, this is curved space and our physical universe.
The BB singularity was caused by a part of the infinite Quantum Universe somehow gaining a value and our physical universe is the decay of that value, or wavefunction collapsing, to zero, this is what we measure as time, and is the basis of the second law of thermodynamics.
Strictly speaking there is no theory of Quantum Gravity as there is no curvature in the quantum world, which is why it has not been found, there is however a relationship between the flat line that represents Quantum Space and the curved line that represents Relative space.
The photon in the dual slit experiment travels through quantum space until it is observed in ours i.e hits a detector, hence Feynmans all possible futures.
In the multiverse an observation does not create parallel universes ( i.e if the answer is yes in my universe then a universe where the answer is no is also created) it actually blocks all universes where the answer is no thus we see only one past, the only futures that we can move into are where the answer was yes, the universes where the answer was no remain in superposition.
Finally based on the above it may be that, while Quantum and Relativity are basically correct there may be some tweaks necessary.
The above is by no means complete but contains the basics.

I offer an interpretation of Revelation 9 vs 1
I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the abyss.
A man of great wisdom was born, he was given the theory that would unlock nuclear power.
08-09-2013, 07:50 AM (This post was last modified: 08-09-2013 07:55 AM by legend.)
The reason previous great minds have not scientifically discovered the theory of everything is not merely because they didn't think of an idea, but also because they have not demonstrated it. There are in fact developing hypotheses for the theory of everything out there and on other cosmogonical matters. However, science is not just about finding possible explanations; that's only step 1. The rest of science is about rigorously validating those explanations. I'm afraid offering an interpretation from a passage in the Bible gets us no closer to answering these questions and also requires an enormous amount of presupposition that is inherently unscientific. The fact that science has not yet yielded an answer does not mean that we should give up and rely on non-scientific methods that violate the very reasons we use science in the first place. That is, other approaches to unraveling the truth do not suddenly become better just because science hasn't done it yet.
08-09-2013, 10:05 AM
(08-08-2013 11:24 AM)legend Wrote:  It seems like you're putting the cart before the horse. Why should we look for an explanation of the bible? We should look for whatever the explanation is. If the bible happens to be true then it will be that, but lets not limit our explanations from the unjustified premise that the Bible is true. If you do, then any "explanation of the bible" is inherently unscientific.

Similarly, I don't really know what a biblical explanation of science is. Science is a method of unraveling the truth.

I think this is the only thing that really needs to be said.
08-09-2013, 06:20 PM
John Wrote:When I started out I knew that whatever I came up with had to be compatible with science and what is written in the bible.

This is an example of starting with the conclusion and looking for evidence to justify it. That's the opposite of science.

08-12-2013, 03:35 AM
Its obvious none have understood what I have written, the main problem being the written word rather than the spoken word. The science is at least 30 years old tried tested and accepted, I have added or subtracted nothing, the only difference is my interpretation of those accepted facts and that interpretation is confirmed by what is written in the bible.
When you have eliminated the impossible then what is left no matter how improbable must be the truth.
I am not trying to explain the bible but the fact is some of what is written is only available with our level of knowledge which means parts of the bible were written specifically for our time.
08-12-2013, 04:05 AM
You are just way too smart for all of us.

08-12-2013, 05:09 AM
If you're still interested in making your point, John, I'd advise you to start by addressing Legend's post. For me that sums up the main issue with your argument here.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  The difference between Scientific Theory and Creation Theory Hitcher 145 9,801 01-08-2014 05:38 AM
Last Post: Herminator
  String theory and science shiverleaf15 5 920 09-13-2013 02:58 PM
Last Post: Keith Witherup
  Theory of Evolution: Science not Religion. Achrelos 82 5,447 09-01-2013 08:50 PM
Last Post: davek121

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)