Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Religion: A result of NO Imagination
06-24-2010, 12:17 PM
Religion: A result of NO Imagination
Do people follow any religion because they don't have the imagination to understand the fallacies and contradictions of their religion?
Some points that you may want to VIEW from the perspective of your God.
Ergo: imagine you are your god and think about these:
I exist, always have and always will, I am infinite.
Please consider what infinite is, consider it as seriously as you can.
After you have considered my infinity, do you think I can HATE?
After you have considered my infinity, do you think I can get angry?
Your consideration must take into account what I have created and the beauty of that creation, can I possibly possess any of the failings of man, my creation?

enough questions for now.............I'll have more.

????????????????
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-24-2010, 02:19 PM
RE: Religion: A result of NO Imagination
I don't think it's the lack of imagination rather the blatant ignorance of the religious. I think it takes a lot of imagination and ignorance to be religious. It's like a child having imaginary friends or believing in Santa Claus. And children's imaginations run wild.
06-24-2010, 10:20 PM
(06-24-2010 02:19 PM)lostsurf9111 Wrote:  I don't think it's the lack of imagination rather the blatant ignorance of the religious. I think it takes a lot of imagination and ignorance to be religious. It's like a child having imaginary friends or believing in Santa Claus. And children's imaginations run wild.

The spiritually blind telling us about religion. How quaint! and how absurd logically..
06-25-2010, 04:51 AM
well are we talking about the new testament god or the old testament god?
06-25-2010, 02:14 PM
Quote:The spiritually blind telling us about religion. How quaint! and how absurd logically..

You talk as if you know me personally, and by your comment I know that you don't know me at all. Spiritual does not equal religious btw.
06-25-2010, 09:00 PM
(06-25-2010 02:14 PM)lostsurf9111 Wrote:  
Quote:The spiritually blind telling us about religion. How quaint! and how absurd logically..

You talk as if you know me personally, and by your comment I know that you don't know me at all. Spiritual does not equal religious btw.

I'm only responding to your own statements.

"I think it takes a lot of imagination and ignorance to be religious. It's like a child having imaginary friends or believing in Santa Claus. And children's imaginations run wild."

These reflect a lack of spiritual knowledge in my opinion.
06-25-2010, 10:22 PM
Quote:These reflect a lack of spiritual knowledge in my opinion.

What exactly do you mean by "spiritual knowledge"? Let me add that I was a devout Christian for 18 years.
06-26-2010, 05:20 AM
(06-25-2010 10:22 PM)lostsurf9111 Wrote:  

What exactly do you mean by "spiritual knowledge"? Let me add that I was a devout Christian for 18 years.

Knowledge of God, gnosis, once received is impossible to reject as fantasies. You don't go back to a lesser consciousness that you had before the experience(s) of gnosis anymore than you would return to crawling when you can walk. It's a life changing experience and once your spiritual consciousness has been awakened to how God "talks" to you via synchronicity events or that "wee small voice" in your mind, you can't go backwards into your previous atheist life "without God". Your 18 years as a Christian seems to have not been successful for you achieving real gnosis of God. I know that I would never be a Christian myself had I not experienced gnosis of God. The Bible never did it for me but God did.
06-26-2010, 11:45 AM
(06-26-2010 05:20 AM)biomystic Wrote:  

Knowledge of God, gnosis, once received is impossible to reject as fantasies. You don't go back to a lesser consciousness that you had before the experience(s) of gnosis anymore than you would return to crawling when you can walk. It's a life changing experience and once your spiritual consciousness has been awakened to how God "talks" to you via synchronicity events or that "wee small voice" in your mind, you can't go backwards into your previous atheist life "without God". Your 18 years as a Christian seems to have not been successful for you achieving real gnosis of God. I know that I would never be a Christian myself had I not experienced gnosis of God. The Bible never did it for me but God did.

Well, I'm not going to try to take your spiritual experience away from you, but I know that mine was just a delusion. Cheers.
06-26-2010, 04:24 PM
(06-26-2010 11:45 AM)lostsurf9111 Wrote:  
(06-26-2010 05:20 AM)biomystic Wrote:  

Well, I'm not going to try to take your spiritual experience away from you, but I know that mine was just a delusion. Cheers.

Mine wasn't. Miraculous things have happened since. Many more religious visions, the two of the strongest of which are now involving quite a few other people who recognize the Spirit of the Creator in my religious work. God is with me and I'm sorry your experiences did not take you to this level of spiritual confidence that I enjoy year in, year out now for 31 years. God is good!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)