Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Religion Survey for College Course
04-24-2009, 07:02 PM
Religion Survey for College Course
I was wondering if anyone here would be willing to complete the following survey to help me out with an assignment for an Intro to Comparative Religion course I'm taking. The idea of the assignment is basically to get an idea of what daily life is like for people who follow different religions. I would appreciate any and all responses. If you would prefer a conversation over answering the survey I'm completely open to that as well. You can email me at blueviolent@gmail.com or IM me on Yahoo as blue_x_violent. I'll be checking back here also. Thanks to anyone who particpates!

1. What is your religion?

2. Have you ever been a member of a different religion? If so, what religion did you practice before your current one?

3. What influenced your decision to become a member of your current religion? Is it the same as your parents and/or a cultural tradition?

4. What are the main tenets of your religion?

5. Have you studied other religions/belief systems? If so, what did you like/dislike about those religions?

6. Are there any beliefs or practices that are part of your religion that you do not agree with?

7. Do you believe in an afterlife or reincarnation? if so, describe what you think that would be like.

8. Do you attend a communal worship service such as a church, mosque, synagogue, etc? If so, how often?

9. How much of your time is devoted to activities that are solely about your religion? (this would include attending services, prayer, ceremonies, etc.)

10. How do you think your religion affects your day to day life?

11. How do you think your religious beliefs make your daily life different compared to someone of another faith?

12. Does your religion have any restrictions that affect your day to day life? (such as Kosher dietary restrictions, etc.)

13. How does your religion view partipants of other religions?

14. Do you consider yourself a "typical" member of your religion?

15. Does your religion affect your political views?

16. What types of interactions do you have with the "leaders" (if there are any) of your religion and how does that affect your life in general? (such as priests, rabbis, monks, etc.)

17. Do you think religion is the same thing as spirituality? Do you consider yourself one or the other, neither, or both?

18. If you have a partner or spouse, is their religion the same as your own? Is having the same religion an absolute essential quality in a mate?

19. Does your religion (or religion in general) play a large role in your immediate community? If so, how?

20. How do you think religions, in general, affect society as a whole?

21. Is religion the most important thing in your life?

22. Is there anything I haven't asked that you feel would help someone understand you, your beliefs and/or how your religion affects your life?

Optional Demographics questions:

Quote this message in a reply
04-28-2009, 09:29 AM
RE: Religion Survey for College Course
Hello, I will answer.

1. None
2. No
3. n/a
4. n/a
5. Studied many religions. Dislike the differences.
6. n/a
7. No
8. No
9. n/a
10. n/a
11. n/a
12. n/a
13. n/a
14. n/a
15. n/a
16. n/a
17. No
18. n/a
19. n/a
20. Religion as a whole has a negative affect on society. Just have a look around this forum.
21. No
22. Yes

Male
Australia
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-29-2009, 10:34 PM
you still doing this?
Find all posts by this user
04-29-2009, 11:34 PM
(04-29-2009 10:34 PM)truth Wrote:  you still doing this?

The deadline for my assignment has already passed. (it was due Monday the 27th.) However, being interested in religious discussion in general, i'm definitely still interested in hearing any responses to this survey! i think learning about other people's viewpoints on religion and culture is fascinating and enlightening. So, totally still answer if you'd like to discuss it! but if you were just doing it to be nice to help me out with my school project, then thank you, but that project has been handed in.

I did consider posting an update to let others know this, but since I am still interested in the answers to these questions I decided to leave it up. I'm glad you asked though, because on second thought, it does seem rude to anybody who would have only participated to be kind to me (as opposed to just liking to do religious polls or something.) So, it is probably better for people to know.
05-04-2009, 07:15 PM
1. Christianity (Roman Catholocism)
2. Agnosticism, not exactly a religions, but eh.
3. Partially because of my mother, but my father is not Catholic, my uncle is Jewish, and everyone else is God knows what. I made the choice on my own.
4. Christ, the Eucharist, Saints, etc
5. Yes, I thought that Christianity was very reliable and believed that Roman Catholocism was a good choice. I don't dislike any religion, I just like mine more.
6. No, not that I know of.
7. Yes, I believe it is much like our world, but without the human flaws and mistakes we have put in it.
8. Yes, I attend Mass. I try to go whenever I can (Every other week)
9. Eh, only about 15%-25%, I wish for more.
10. A lot, I am a religious zeal. I love nothing more than debating my religion and learning about others.
11. It makes me more happy, it gives me something to look forward to and shows me the tradition of those before me.
12. No, I was following all the rules anyways.
13. Any person can obtain salvation through Christ and through seeking truth.
14. No, I consider myself very obsessed with Catholocism.
15. Eh, I honestly don't have political views, although I am against abortion.
16. I go to religious classes at least twice a week and see my priest as my friend.
17. Sprituality is like religion, both are seeking truth.
18. I do not have a partner or a spouse.
19. No, mainly because we are in the Bible Belt, not many of the people here are great at accepting the small Catholic community, but our church reaches out to our own.
20. Very much, although I fear that one day religion may become nothing as people will look more towards secularist sciences than towards enlightenment.
21. Yes, next to my family.
22. No, this was a great survey.

05-05-2009, 08:07 AM
1- ISLAM
2- NO RELIGION BEFORE ISLAM.
3- THE SAME OF MY PARENTS, BUT KNOWING ISLAM MAKE ONE PRAISE GOD FOR THAT BLESSING.
4- BELIEVING THAT THERE IS NO GOD BUT ALLAH AND MUHAMMED IS THE LAST MESSENGER OF ALLAH.
5- CHRISTINTY AND SOME IN JUDAISM, I ADMIT THEM AS RELIGIONS FROM ALLAH BUT THEIR SCHOLARS TWISTED A LOT OF VERSES FOR SOME PERSONNAL BENEFITS, TILL WE SEE THIS DISSOLUTION NOWADAYS.
6- NO COZ ISLAM IS COMPATABLE WITH HUMAN NATURE AND HEALTH, LIKE SWINE MEAT FORBBIDEN WHICH CAUSES DANGROUS DEASEASES.
7- YEA I BELIEVE IN AFTERLIFE AND THERE IS A JUDGMENT DAY, EVERY ONE WILL TAKE HIS ACCOUNT (ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS AND BELIEVE) EITHER PARADISE OR HELL.
8- 5 TIMES DAILY AT MOSQUE
9- EVERY ONE TAKE 15 MIN.
10- ISLAM REACT WITH EVERY THING IN LIFE EVEN UR SMILE AT UR BROTHER FACE IS A CHARITY, HELP ANY PERSON IS A CHARITY EVEN FEED OR HELP AN ASTRAY ANIMAL IS A CHARITY.
11- AT LEAST I HAVEN'T SUCH SEXUAL MORAL DECAY AS WE SEE IN WEST.
12- MAY BE U MEAN RAMADAN MONTH OF FASTING FROM DAWN TO SUNSET.
13- ABOUT CHRISTIANS AND JEWS THEY R PPL OF HOLY BOOKS. AND QURAN ASKED US TO ARGUE WITH THEM WITH GOOD WORDS. AND DEAL WITH THEM GOOD.
14- NO ONE IS TYPICAL BUT TRY TO REACH THIS STAGE...
15- YES.
16- ABOUT SCHOLARS, IT IS JUST LOVE AND RESPECT.
17- ISLAM GATHER BETWEEN SPIRTUALITY AND LIFE MATTERS AFFAIRS.
18- ISLAM PERMIT TO MARRY MUSLIM, CHRISTIAN OR JEW WOMAN.
19- TO GREAT EXTENT BUT THE GOVERNMENT IS SECULAR WHILE THE PPL TEND TO BE RELIGIOUS BUT NOT LIKE PAKISTAN.
20- EVERY AREA HAS ITS CIRCUMSTANCES. SO AFFECT IN SOME AND NOT IN OTHERS.
21- YES.
22- I THINK SO, BUT ALSO IT IS GREAT EFFORT FROM U.
05-05-2009, 08:13 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2009 08:23 AM by blueviolent.)
(05-04-2009 07:15 PM)Holy Babylon Wrote:  1. Christianity (Roman Catholocism)
2. Agnosticism, not exactly a religions, but eh.
3. Partially because of my mother, but my father is not Catholic, my uncle is Jewish, and everyone else is God knows what. I made the choice on my own.
4. Christ, the Eucharist, Saints, etc
5. Yes, I thought that Christianity was very reliable and believed that Roman Catholocism was a good choice. I don't dislike any religion, I just like mine more.
6. No, not that I know of.
7. Yes, I believe it is much like our world, but without the human flaws and mistakes we have put in it.
8. Yes, I attend Mass. I try to go whenever I can (Every other week)
9. Eh, only about 15%-25%, I wish for more.
10. A lot, I am a religious zeal. I love nothing more than debating my religion and learning about others.
11. It makes me more happy, it gives me something to look forward to and shows me the tradition of those before me.
12. No, I was following all the rules anyways.
13. Any person can obtain salvation through Christ and through seeking truth.
14. No, I consider myself very obsessed with Catholocism.
15. Eh, I honestly don't have political views, although I am against abortion.
16. I go to religious classes at least twice a week and see my priest as my friend.
17. Sprituality is like religion, both are seeking truth.
18. I do not have a partner or a spouse.
19. No, mainly because we are in the Bible Belt, not many of the people here are great at accepting the small Catholic community, but our church reaches out to our own.
20. Very much, although I fear that one day religion may become nothing as people will look more towards secularist sciences than towards enlightenment.
21. Yes, next to my family.
22. No, this was a great survey.

thank you for taking the time to reply to this survey. i was wondering if, since you said 'secularist sciences,' you consider only certain aspects of science secular? if so which ones? do you think you have to believe only in one or the other, secular science or religion? when people depend on science is that unenlightened?
(05-05-2009 08:07 AM)sesame Wrote:  1- ISLAM
2- NO RELIGION BEFORE ISLAM.
3- THE SAME OF MY PARENTS, BUT KNOWING ISLAM MAKE ONE PRAISE GOD FOR THAT BLESSING.
4- BELIEVING THAT THERE IS NO GOD BUT ALLAH AND MUHAMMED IS THE LAST MESSENGER OF ALLAH.
5- CHRISTINTY AND SOME IN JUDAISM, I ADMIT THEM AS RELIGIONS FROM ALLAH BUT THEIR SCHOLARS TWISTED A LOT OF VERSES FOR SOME PERSONNAL BENEFITS, TILL WE SEE THIS DISSOLUTION NOWADAYS.
6- NO COZ ISLAM IS COMPATABLE WITH HUMAN NATURE AND HEALTH, LIKE SWINE MEAT FORBBIDEN WHICH CAUSES DANGROUS DEASEASES.
7- YEA I BELIEVE IN AFTERLIFE AND THERE IS A JUDGMENT DAY, EVERY ONE WILL TAKE HIS ACCOUNT (ACCORDING TO HIS DEEDS AND BELIEVE) EITHER PARADISE OR HELL.
8- 5 TIMES DAILY AT MOSQUE
9- EVERY ONE TAKE 15 MIN.
10- ISLAM REACT WITH EVERY THING IN LIFE EVEN UR SMILE AT UR BROTHER FACE IS A CHARITY, HELP ANY PERSON IS A CHARITY EVEN FEED OR HELP AN ASTRAY ANIMAL IS A CHARITY.
11- AT LEAST I HAVEN'T SUCH SEXUAL MORAL DECAY AS WE SEE IN WEST.
12- MAY BE U MEAN RAMADAN MONTH OF FASTING FROM DAWN TO SUNSET.
13- ABOUT CHRISTIANS AND JEWS THEY R PPL OF HOLY BOOKS. AND QURAN ASKED US TO ARGUE WITH THEM WITH GOOD WORDS. AND DEAL WITH THEM GOOD.
14- NO ONE IS TYPICAL BUT TRY TO REACH THIS STAGE...
15- YES.
16- ABOUT SCHOLARS, IT IS JUST LOVE AND RESPECT.
17- ISLAM GATHER BETWEEN SPIRTUALITY AND LIFE MATTERS AFFAIRS.
18- ISLAM PERMIT TO MARRY MUSLIM, CHRISTIAN OR JEW WOMAN.
19- TO GREAT EXTENT BUT THE GOVERNMENT IS SECULAR WHILE THE PPL TEND TO BE RELIGIOUS BUT NOT LIKE PAKISTAN.
20- EVERY AREA HAS ITS CIRCUMSTANCES. SO AFFECT IN SOME AND NOT IN OTHERS.
21- YES.
22- I THINK SO, BUT ALSO IT IS GREAT EFFORT FROM U.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my survey. It was really interesting to hear your answers, since i live in America and the majority of the population here is Christian. Islam is probably the most unknown religion to me, so that makes it more intriguing. i noticed you said that "Islam permit to marry Muslim, Christian or Jew woman." Did you say woman because only Muslim men are allowed to marry women of any of those three religions or are Muslim women also allowed to marry Jewish or Christian men? (in addition to Muslims, obviously.)
05-05-2009, 08:26 AM
THANKS FOR REPLAY AND CARE, ABOUT UR QUESTION:-
"are Muslim women also allowed to marry Jewish or Christian men?"
THE Answer is no....for many reasons, one of them he may force her to convert and that has been happened before.....
i 'll go now an return after a while any question i'll reply u later
salam
05-05-2009, 05:54 PM
(05-05-2009 08:13 AM)blueviolent Wrote:  thank you for taking the time to reply to this survey. i was wondering if, since you said 'secularist sciences,' you consider only certain aspects of science secular? if so which ones? do you think you have to believe only in one or the other, secular science or religion? when people depend on science is that unenlightened?
I believe that some aspects of Physics are secular, such as trying to discover the "God Particle". Other sciences can be used in a secular way, such as people trying to use Evolution to take down religion. Most sciences are helpful to us, but there are those select few that are used against religion. I believe that people can trust both secular sciences and religion, but their whole view on things may be blurred and undetermined. As for your last question, I do not believe that when people depend on science they are unenlightened. Now, if someone is believing in science and trying to disprove religion, it is unenlightened.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Religion / Personality Survey UMWpsychology 1 440 11-14-2012 01:01 AM
Last Post: UMWpsychology
  College Research Paper animenica 7 1,514 11-17-2010 01:21 PM
Last Post: Blood_Raven13
  Religion Survey player1 4 955 11-22-2009 04:37 AM
Last Post: derprinz
  survey about religion and college miafinsfan34 3 1,149 04-25-2009 04:52 PM
Last Post: Anglican
Rolleyes Help with college assignment??? jonslady04 3 748 03-03-2009 02:47 AM
Last Post: Urthred

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)