Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ReligionForums.org appears to be fading
07-17-2009, 04:41 PM
ReligionForums.org appears to be fading
At least lately.

There seem to be fewer threads being generated, and fewer discussions occurring as a result. This saddens me.

As someone who enjoys good religious discussion (even though I play for the "other team" as it were), I sure hope things pick up soon. I also hope my presence and posts have not been the cause of, or contributed to, the drop-off. I know some people come to religious forums for support, and get irritated and/or turned off by atheists like me. I've tried to stay away from those topics that revolve around believers seeking support from other believers, as I have no reason to participate in that stuff, just like I have no reason to stand outside a church handing out atheist tracts. I'm a "live and let live" atheist.

I do, however like to get involved in theological discussions, and I think my point of view is something that would interest many believers, if only for the novelty of seeing an actual atheist in the wild.

I suppose I simply want any believers out there to know that they have nothing to fear from me. If your faith is strong, you will only get stronger by our interaction. I'll try to be considerate, and not take things personally.

So post already!

---------------
Not selling anything.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2009, 04:50 PM
RE: ReligionForums.org appears to be fading
I've discovered that I'm not intelligent enough to be on here anymore. I can't debate, I don't have a degree in any form of theology or any religious study or anything else. It used to be fun and interesting to share opinions, but opinions are no longer welcome. It's more about tangible facts rather than a belief system.

Forums ebb and flow. It's just the way they are.

I can't really believe that I'm about to type this ... but I kind of miss SmellyCat!!! Big Grin

Justice -- When you get what you deserve.
Mercy -- When you don't get what you deserve.
Grace -- When you get what you don't deserve.
07-17-2009, 05:35 PM
(07-17-2009 04:50 PM)Alison Wrote:  I can't really believe that I'm about to type this ... but I kind of miss SmellyCat!!! Big Grin

Snort!

SmellyCat added a certain... unpredictability, to the forums, that's for sure.

I think you are selling yourself short, Alison, regarding your intelligence. I never had the impression you lacked in the gray matter. As for degree's... well, I have a degree, but it's in graphic design, so it doesn't really come into play much here.

All it takes is an interest in the topic, really.

---------------
Not selling anything.
07-18-2009, 11:02 AM
Alison, allow me to point out that I believe you currently have a higher reputation than anyone else on these forums. This is because, whatever your perceived intelligence level, you are a kind and respectful poster, and you are a moderating force.

So please, go ahead, post. Sometimes we "intellectuals" need a dose of simple wisdom to calm us down. Intellectual debate has a habit of jumping off the rails and going round in circles.

I'm back baby! Thanks for everyone who sent me PMs asking what had happened to me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  RF.org Recipe Book Clementine 65 5,098 06-14-2016 03:29 PM
Last Post: KAYSER

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)